Encore portal drop

Not sure if this should be in discussion since its already a dungeon so you can move it if you want to.
So theres a dungeon called “The Puppet Master’s Theatre” and one called “Puppet Master’s Encore.” So, shouldn’t the encore be… well… an encore? Why is oryx watching the puppet master’s encore without watching the original performance? I think the Puppet Master should have a chance to drop a portal to the Puppet Master’s Encore upon death, perhaps a 5% chance. 5% should be good because puppet theatres are fairly rare, and theres only a chance that it will be opened by craig. This keeps a similar rarity to the current puppet master’s theatre.
This implementation would bring two main benefits:

1. Encores would be more farmable. Although the chance is still low, players can search for it without having to wait for a closed realm.
  2. Let’s face it, oryx’s castle is easy. As long as you stick with a group you will not die. The stone guardians pose little to no threat to any player with at least glands gear. Janus? Forget about it. It doesn’t even shoot near the players. Weak players can leech until janus, then enter the court of oryx to get into an encore. They can sit back and ignore all enemies except the boss. The Puppet Master (of the theatre) however poses some sort of threat. Players are spread all over the room with shots coming from all directions, preventing weak players from staying together to stay safe. At least they’re doing some work before leeching in Encore

Thoughts on new LoS [Shaitan]

Oryx’s Castle is easy but is harder than a theater, so your second point is invalid

Also it just seems ridiculous that he dies by exploding into bullets and then INSTANTLY regenerates into a stronger form, and leaves the question of why doesn’t he instantly regenerate again?

How about we have Forest Maze drop Woodland Labyrinth?
How about we have Pirate Caves drop Deadwater Docks?
How about we have Spider Den drop Crawling Depths?
No.

Puppet Theatre to Puppet Master’s Encore is not such a jump in difficulty.
@Nameness ever hear of oryx?
I also forgot to add the speech at the end, thank you for reminding me
Edit: Actually if you look at the current script:
“No!!! This cannot be how my story ends!! I WILL HAVE MY ENCORE, HERO!”
You can see that he is not actually dying, rather he is sinking back into his other dungeon. This is the case with some other bosses which “die” before their HP reaches 0, as you can see by reviewing their taunts

Oryx is constant effigys, and there are many, neither O1 or O2 are actually Oryx

On the other hand puppet master says things to suggest that he isn’t an effigy in either dungeon and we do fight his effigies, they are actually much weaker than the theater version

A step in difficulty doesn’t matter, because it just matters if it fits thematically!!!1!1!!1!1!!1

the last line from the theater is:

“I WILL HAVE MY ENCORE HERO!”

and the first line from the encore is:

Hello, hero. You didn’t really think I’d be gone forever, did you?

now imagine hearing those back to back. it’s not so great is it? the puppet master isn’t one of those big bosses that goes through different forms and battles all in a row like Oryx and bosses from other games, and he really shouldn’t be since his first battle takes place in a dungeon that drops from the most basic area that regularly gets farmed. the story works much better if there’s a significant pause in between the two battles, like the break that is closing a realm and clearing Oryx’s castle.

mechanics-wise, there’s no real reason to make an uncommon once-per-realm endgame dungeon drop at will from a basic and farmable gland dungeon. there’s no issue here being fixed other than the way you think the story should be told, and as I said before the story works much better the way it is now.

admittedly, this is partially because I like the idea of being able to farm it at a fairly-low chance (1/20? seems fair), but you say “back to back” like this would be guaranteed… Like, getting two theatre-encores in a row would be a fairly rare occurrence - you’d have to run two puppets in a row ~400 times to get that, and to do three theatre-encores in a row about 8000 times to get all three to drop encore - the fact of the matter is, this is a really low-chance from a dungeon that probably drops 15-20% of the time from a leviathan. If you want those UTs (with droprates seemingly similar to dbows and dblades), you’re either going to have to buy & pop those keys yourself, wait around for an encore event or wait a really, really long time just closing realms, clearing the haunted statues (depending on group), and, if the current event isn’t one of the dungeons dropping from craig, soloing whatever he opens, whilst praying you don’t get cnidarians reef or shaitans or ice tomb or whatever pool of dungeons Craig seems to pick from at the moment, and take another 2-5 minutes killing the damn guy while you miss Ldjinn, Lent, (likely) crystal, and whatever else spawns while the realm is fresh and people still willingly kill most things, depending on how long the encore takes you.

If it was such a rare occurrence then it would be even more stupid to add it in. An encore is suppose to be after the show, and if thats the case then why would there just be times when there wouldn’t be an encore? Does the puppet master get drunk behind stage or something.

rare occurrence or not, the two dungeons are clearly not intended to run together like that. and as for missing out on the stuff that appears at the start of a realm, isn’t that true of nearly any event dungeon you would want to farm? while doing pretty much anything you can’t be doing something else, so there’s always the risk that you miss out on something else you might want to be doing as well.

if the server has a decent amount of people playing on it (say, 60+) and you don’t have half a dozen people with you fighting janus (let alone the boss-dungeon) you’ve already missed Lent, Ldjinn, possibly crystal and whatever spawns in the death of those plus the red demons. The total amount of encores that would drop from this function would be ~1/20 of every puppet theater completed. If people decide to just do the stone statues (or skip out on oryx altogether) you could easily sink 15 minutes breaking walls and clearing statues (assuming this is on a 6/8 wizzy with about a max rare pet or something), solo or duo Janus and the game can RNG you a shaitans.

IRL some performers decide to do an encore at the end of their show, and some do not. But nobody does an encore after every single show. If that were the case, it would simply be a part of their show, and not an encore. This doesn’t mean they’re getting drunk off stage (though they could be), it just means they decided not to for one reason or another.

Maybe if you typed “encore!” 100 times, the portal will spawn guaranteed.

RoTMG is not real life.

Interesting idea. However, my personal though would be to make them drop with like a 1% drop rate from the puppet oryxs.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.