Endgame Dungeon/content

So just a quick introduction I’ve been playing this game for going on 8 years now. So I have a good grasp of the mechanics, purpose, method of play I guess. I’m more or less an end game player at this point and let’s be honest there really isn’t good worthwhile endgame content but I have some ideas that I think could revamp this game and draw the more experienced players back to the game. I know this long but I truly hope people will read it and spread the idea because I love this game but quite frankly it’s dying/dead and it needs something new.

IDEA#1
So both of these ideas are more or less similar but have key differences. So my first is essentially, a dungeon (perhaps only available through gold purchase) that is a never ending dungeon. Similar to the arena with huge differences
-You can only participate in the dungeon with 5 players, not up to, only 5 players, once 5 are in the dungeon then the enemies will spawn. Here is the kicker there needs to be risk so: you can lose a character here/ you have to have a certain amount of base fame to enter I was thinking 500-800 cap, I wanted 1000 but that limits players)
-larger area than arena, I’m thinking the size of the sphinx spawn (aesthetically can just be godland ground tiles with tree walls or rock walls to hide behind allowing some strategy)
-starting enemies are more difficult (not like arena where you fight stupid easy enemies), walls of gods will spawn and advance on your group, wave by wave increasing to massive almost unkillable walls if not for teamwork
-here’s the twist, random more powerful enemies will spawn like dungeon bosses along with gods, my idea behind this is you have to use strategy, say you have a knight, wizard, priest, sorcerer, and paladin. When Septavius spawns a good idea would be to have your knight and wizard break off to deal with him ( Septavius low defense so wizard mows it down and knight stuns it so his strong attacks don’t eat at your teammates while they deal with the gods
-rewards are more worthwhile, I was thinking end of wave have a chest with loot in it to share, but also you get fame for each wave, exponentially (maybe 5 then 10 then 30 then 50 then so on)
-leaderboard of course, now the best players/guilds will have better scores, so good guilds are more than just fame trained fame
-this is still in work but it would be nice to have newer stronger enemies, maybe a cool enemy would be some type of golem, with extremely high hp but low damage output, something you have to use strategy to beat ( ogmur/ c wand use maybe have knight and paladin drag it and wizzy damage it)

IDEA#2
So this is one is pretty barebones more a concept key ideas here:

• Dungeon only available through key purchase, same idea as #1 specific amount of players can enter (5-8?) Here is the endgame content you have to be 8/8 to enter this dungeon.
  • Here is the other endgame factor, you CANNOT nexus from this dungeon, you can only leave by completing a level and leaving through a portal. So you either die, advance, or leave.
    -Actual concept: dungeon is a never ending series of floors obviously progressing in difficulty. But it’s not just simply killing all enemies and advancing for every floor, some will have special quests (one idea is maybe a statue you have to find and protect from enemies, the enemies will not directly attack you but you can be damaged by them, their goal is to destroy the statue= statue has limited hp if it dies you lose).
    -Floor with pokemon gym type challenge, flip a switch opens a door to a room but closes another one, puzzle like floor
    -don’t have specific new enemies or monster ideas created but hopefully would have unique enemies, not all unique but some
    -Leaderboard obviously, for the most floors completed, you get fame per floor, exponential as well as loot, kicker is you can actually get all UTs from the chests, everyone UT in game

I’ve put alot of thought and have alot of ideas but this is quite long already, if anyone has any questions or ideas please feel free to tell me. I personally think ideas like these are so important because there are so many endgame level players with no objective, we are just roaming around the realm killing things. I don’t need UTs or Pots anymore, I want strategy and challenge.

What’s to stop me from closing the game?

Maybe your character dies if you quit the game. Personally I don’t like the concept where you either win or die but maybe that’s just me.

Idea#1 just seems like a group arena that’s been revamped a little. While it’s not a bad idea, having people need to spend money for it already limits the amount of people who want to do the dungeon.

Idea#2 just seems like a random idea with a special effect of “being unable to nexus”, which isn’t all too great since you can just disconnect the wifi, close the client, or do something else to close it.

I don’t like this. Base fame requirements just push people towards famefarming and playing less of the game.

I don’t want to max the mana of my warrior. :frowning:

So when your housemates suddenly decide to download something and you dc, you lose your 8/8?
No thanks.
This absolutely cuts out F2P players that don’t have character slots or a lot of pots on a lot of mules.

Not sure if that is fitting for a game like realm.

Incentive to not play the rest of the game is bad imo.

Nothing

Nothing. They’ll never be able to stop you from “leaving” unless there’s a penalty, but that’d be unreasonable.

yeah, but what happens if your game crashes… Just lost a charachter and not because you purposely tried to leave

Oh, by the way;

Welcome to the forums, @RagerLeo!

Have a :cookie:!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.