Engineer [Support Class]

• THIS IS NOT MY SPRITE -

The engineer would be like the priest in that it lacks an offensive ability, but instead helps him and his allies with different defensive buffs. The engineer would be quite mediocre at offense, but would make up for that with the ability to negate most debuffs and has increased defense with his statue, leather armor, and def stat cap.

The classes ability would be to place statues or totems that inspire allies that stand within it’s radius. Statues would be actual sprites placed on the ground and can be shot through and can be moved through unobstructed. Based on the tier of the statue, the duration of the defensive buffs would be longer and the radius would be increased for the statue(s). All effects received by a statue will last for a specified amount of time outside the radius of the totem (this will be referred to as lifetime.)

Statue Examples:
T0: Statue of the Scorpion
MP: 50
Duration: 4 seconds
Lifetime: 0 seconds
Radius: 4 tiles
Effect(s): Defense increase

T1: Statue of the Pirate
MP: 65
Lifetime: 1 seconds
Radius: 4.5 tiles

T2: Shrine of the Wood Elves
MP: 85
Duration: 5 seconds
Lifetime: 2 seconds
Radius: 5 tiles

T3: Statue of the Drake
MP: 100
Duration: 5.5 seconds
Lifetime: 2.5 seconds
Radius: 5.5 tiles

T4: Statue of the Stetho
MP: 115
Duration: 6 seconds
Lifetime: 3 seconds
Radius: 6 tiles
Effect(s): Defense increase, wisdom increase

T5: Statue of the Beholder
MP: 135
Duration: 6.5 seconds
Lifetime: 3.5 seconds
Radius: 6.5 tiles
Effect(s): Defense increase, wisdom increase, purify

T6: Statue of the Mad God
MP: 150
Duration: 7 seconds
Lifetime: 4 seconds
Radius: 7 tiles
Effect(s): Defense increase, wisdom increase, purify

UT: Statue of Bes
MP: 190
Lifetime: 2 second
Effect(s): Armored

UT: Statue of Medusa
MP: 155
Lifetime: N/A
Radius: 5 tiles
Effect(s): Violet colored grenades fire rapidly from the base of the statue within the radius. Each deal 75 damage.

UT: Statue of the Mad Scientist
MP: 100
Duration: 5 seconds
Lifetime: N/A
Effect(s): Hexes all enemies within the radius

Statue Mechanics Explained:
Purify is a onetime cast and is not constant. When the statue is placed only then are negative effects purified. Once cleansed players are then again susceptible to debuffs.
Timer number = the amount of time before the statue despawns.
Lifetime = amount of time effects last after the statue despawns or player exits radius of statue.
Defense increase = +10 def
Wisdom increase = +10 wis
Number of in-radius allies affected would depend on players wis, 75 wis = max of 15 players within in radius

Gear and Stat Caps

The engineer wields daggers and wears leather armor.

HP: 700
MP: 385
DEF: 30
WIS: 75
SPD: 50
ATT: 50
DEX: 50
VIT: 60

There are many mechanics to these “statues” that need to be worked out, this is the rough idea though.

The Outrider - Support Bow Class

weapon class? armor class?

Stated in thread already

Its a pretty good idea, i"m not really sure about a dagger though. Also if your going to make an ability that does something special, in this case the mad god statue, and has a debuff it should probably be ut.

damn sorry _/|_ dont see it
does wisdom increase give more player in radius?

Just as a first note, this was also used by @PwrNewAcct, for his mason set.

So credit to @Deemcreepers, supposedly.

Welcome to the forums, @Endern! Have a :cookie:

@LordDscale I recall that Demcreepers made this sprite for me all the way back in the Wildshadow era when I couldn’t sprite for my life.

For the idea itself, I think it’s a solid concept, if not super exciting or unique. (Ultimately, placing a shrine is not super different from an instantly triggered effect from the player, and the defensive and purifying effects are already in UTs; still, having them implemented in lower levels as well as higher levels is new). Shrine sprites would also be helpful.

Overall, a very good first idea! You must have lurked on here for a considerable amount of time, seeing that you’ve viewed my mason class.

Just a little sidenote: an ability’s T5 and T6 usually only differs in sprite and the fact that T6 gives 2 vit and wis.
Besides that, the power of “totems” reminds me of the Banner-Class that @Dappertron has made. I don’t know about how this class will play out, though. I hope that ability works well!

Oh YES
I like it!

Good because engineers are smart

Why

why do people repost popular ideas ?

T0 statue?

that already kinda goes way off the game theme.

Honestly we need to start having more t5-t6 items giving more of an ability boost rather than some extra wis and vit

Engineers aren’t a modern occupation… Priests, ninjas, I think the door is open to something like an engineer.

The idea of a radius support class isn’t unique, I know, but I am expanding on the idea and adding my own twist.

To most people, enginners are usually thought as modern occupations. Priests and ninjas are medieval themed (and are famous in those ages too), which is perfect for a game based on fantasy and mythology.

I think someone has been playing too much Strike Force Heroes.

I don’t know what that is

What about the T0 statue?

What about UT statues?

alright nvm then