Equipment tier list based on how (un)situational they are

(PS: The inside of the tiers is not in any particular order! For example, i’m not trying to say coral trap is the best item in A.)

OP - Overpowered (duh), too good at what it does.
A - Good in lots of situations or VERY good at something commonly useful, but not quite overpowered.
B - Solidly above average in terms of how often it’s good, or VERY good at something that isn’t that commonly useful, but not rarely useful either.
C - Rather average in the amount and quality of things it’s good at.
D - Not particularly amazing at what it does, or good at something too situational for its’ own good.
F - Terrible, either EXTREMELY situational or not good at all at what little it can do.
Useless by Themselves - STs that require other STs to have any use.
Newbie - Items that are completely outclassed by others and are only useful for those who don’t have access to said items.

Discuss.

Everything in this classification is not overpowered.

Omnipotence Ring is not as good as people say it is.

Pixie, Conduct, Esben Skull, Fulmi, and several more definitely deserve a bump up.

Demon Blade is fine for so many things. Don’t give it so much hate.

Ray Katana is better than an F.

Void Blade? A? Really?

Nile? D? Really?

Overall, the chart has a lot of good points, but definitely needs a bit of redo. Just keep in mind that everything here is my opinion, so feel free to take it with a grain of salt.

A true unsituational tier list would have all tiered equipment in A rank and only a few exceptional STs or UTs in S rank, change my mind x3

The heck, Honey scepter is newbie?

In which situations would you use it over Cnidaria Rod? I’m not doubting it could have uses since i’m not particularly familiar with it and might be missing something, just curious.

It was a joke lmao

Oh, would have known if i checked realmeye to know the exact stats of it beforehand lol, i never used it so i just put in newbie due to vaguely remembering that it wasn’t as good as Cnidaria, and sure enough, it’s objectively worse.

Only way for honey scepter to be good is if it were combined with spirit staff.

that is exactly what I was saying, its over powered

ray katana should be higher up imo since it is good for gap closing / getting a hit or 2 in before you get in range to swap to a dps katana. gap closing is constant in this game (like farming godlands)

I don’t really agree with a lot of this though in this format lol but ik it is just an opinionated thing really as using stuff to maximize efficiency isn’t exactly necessary in this game

Also how dare you put snake shield as a newbie item

and revenant ring should definitely be like an A item imo

Lol what? Colossus tier 0? It’s just a marginally better shield. Sure it does a lot of damage, but so does a poison, from a much safer distance. It stuns, but a t0 shield stuns just as well for less MP. Shields are all inherently highly situational, suitable for only enemies that you can get safely close to and that are not stun immune. The same goes for Scutum.

Really too many items to go through and criticise them one by one. But I think you are just confused over what you are trying to do. Certainly some items are more situational than others, but it’s not something you can really rank items by. Not being situational does not make an item ‘OP’, it just makes it well rounded and balanced. E.g. tiered items are the least situational of all, with a few exceptions.

Lmfao, I see kendo stick is too god tier to be on this list.

^
the concept of the ranking doesn’t exactly make much sense - as some items are the best for a specific situation and you can’t really say an item for a completely different situation is better. it depends more on what content you are trying to do so even trying to rank them through the probability of you using them for the situation completely depends on what you are playing / what content you do normally (which changes person to person)

and some stuff doesnt make sense imo (like snake shield giving a spd bonus but being labeled as obsolete)

“+” means I think this item belongs in a higher tier than the one you put it in
“-” means I think this item belongs in a lower tier than the one you put it in

ripper -
colo -
scutum - (seriously?)
garments -
abomination’s wrath -
eastern winds waki -
leaf hide -
aether orb -
jade storm -
omni -
indomptable -
dcircle -
memento mori +
kidd force -
shroom armor - (don’t remember what it’s called lol)
sealed crystal skull -
void quiver +
bee quiver +
nil +
cwand -
bracer -
fallen +
pixie +
spirit dagger -
toga -
midnight star +
fulmi +
dblade +
zaarvox +
ray +
geb wand - (yes ik it’s already in the lowest possible tier)

there’s probably others but I didn’t want to take too long on this since there’s already so much to cover

:frowning:

How in the world is Abomination’s Wrath good in common situations? Its projectiles are slow and you don’t even pierce.
NB: I do have one that I use on my Sorc, and I rarely find myself needing it.

Same goes for Celestial, although I admit that I haven’t gotten any chance to properly use it.

I think that it’s kinda hard to properly rank all items simply cause of how opinions on them differ on their usage.
For instance, I see little reason to use CSilk over Apiary, or Doku over literally any other Katana CBow over Covert. Let’s not actually discuss my opinions, tho…

These lists are rather nonsensical if you include items you’ve never played with

Gcookie should be in S tier tbh.

I might see this type of list system working if you were ranking each item only against others of it’s type (seals with seals, staves with staves, etc.). Trying to get every item into a single list causes a lot of issues, since there are way too many other factors to consider (an item may be really good on some characters thanks to class-specific traits, and terrible on others).

Only one I have a problem with is Oreo being that I’m a pali main and I can attest with five Oreos of experience that it can save your life xdd