Exalt Blind

I get the fact that blind is supposed to make your vision worse, button exalt, I literally cannot see a thing. Especially in mbc, the black bullets that blind you are just so annoying. I just think blind is too op on exalt. :frowning:

Good News: It has lived up to its name.

Yeah, itā€™s terrible.

On this matter, personally, I donā€™t think negative status effects should be used so frequently literally everywhere, since this is a bullet hell game. They are always annoying and sometimes donā€™t make sense in the context theyā€™re used (for example, MBC is a plain stone boss and gives 10 different status effects).

In a ā€œvoidā€ battle Iā€™d agree that blind and darkness fit very well, even cursed, but not slowed or etc. Slowed fits well for the big heavy stone boss.

Iā€™d say focusing on pure pattern damage spam of shots, tile changing (tiles that do damage) and dodging would be more fun. You donā€™t get blinded randomly in touhou, itā€™s just you and your dodging skills alone.

Btw this is not 100% related but still, I remembered rotmg still lacks a ā€œprecise dodgingā€ key. >Deca.

iā€™m fine with all the negative status effects, although it is annoying when a rl doesnā€™t end the afk check because there is only 1 puri. Blind is literally just black screen in bullet hell and perma death game?

I agree, it is particularly broken in Exalt. I donā€™t think blind should exist in the game at all. Itā€™s artificial difficulty that compromises the actual gameplay (hitting baddies and dodging bullets) without substituting it with a good test of skill or tactics. It also affects people with poorer eyesight significantly worse for a gimmicky trick thatā€™s not fun for anyone. I have a similar gripe with paralyze, and a dissimilar one with confuse which is bad for different reasons.

A game that does it right in its context is Enter the Gungeon. There is a challenge mode condition which gives you two conical light sources extending to opposite sides of the player and rotating with the crosshair. It forces you to constantly scope out whatā€™s around you to know whatā€™s coming.

Actually for me blind made my screen black in flash and in exalt i can still see

theres still that frame drop though

What I really hate about blind is that its effect heavily depends on your monitor setup.
For some monitors / systems everything just becomes a little darker, for others you canā€™t see a bloody thing.

Iā€™d prefer if blind was just removed from the game entirely and replaced with darkness where practical, or applied a different kind of visual effect, perhaps something like old hardware-accelerated drunk.
At least that way itā€™s fair between players with different setups.

Off topic but I remember one Vet RL saying heā€™d suspend all mystics or trixes whoā€™d leave the run even though we didnā€™t have a puri, blind was fucking everyone over and I said I was lagging really badly.

Yeah, lost my Magmatic mystic that run.

aw that sucks :((

Thanks bro, appreciate it.
Iā€™m on a quest to hunt down all ST sets in the game, currently 2/4 on the new mystic!

[here we go grinding abysses again]

ooo gl to you! Also that sounds really tedious but really fun at the same time.

Sorry butā€¦ what a entitled cunt.

But howā€™d he even be able to check

Looks like abyss is getting a rework for MOTMG. Do you think it would be a better time to grind them out now or after the rework?

Honestly I think now. You can rush them pretty easy with Paladin, and with vital combat everything is going to take longer so unless if they up drop rates I think now is the best time. And who knows if the rework is going to make the dungeon harder or not. I think it will make it harder.

Yeah, I think I modmailed him so hopefully something happens.

There were a lot of people who were really nervous about fullskipping(since it was an MBC Chain) as our priest had nexused and Iā€™d said before that I was lagging really badly, but he said anyways that if weā€™d leave weā€™d get suspended.

I wish Iā€™d gotten it in writing; they ended up not chaining since I was one of two mystics, but I was still pretty mad.

Iā€™m assuming since heā€™d have mystics and trixes locked, but honestly thereā€™d probably be no way to really check.

Definitely now; thatā€™s what Iā€™m currently doing. Theyā€™re a breeze to rush on Warrior, Knight, or Pally, and fun too!

this man finna be a comedian

Yes, unfortunately

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.