Exalt Problem List

Directly from a support ticket with them, the request number is #3595926. I sent the request on the 23rd of August and got a reply on the 26th so they’ve known about this issue since at least then.

The big irritation for me on Exalt (that isn’t a design ‘feature’) is the lack of settings being saved.

It annoys the balls off me having to change resolution from 1080p to 1600x900 every time I log in.

There’s a lot to like about Exalt but the attention to the basics is lacking in places.

Yeah… that admittedly bugged me since I first realized that was happening before the release

Using abilities in the Daily Quest Room gives wildly inconsistent behaviour, and quiver of shriking specters will trigger a DC every time (an existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host). This is in v1.1.0.1.1.

I don’t think this is just an Exalt issue; the Daily Quest room or Pet Room have always had restrictions on what you can do. Probably this is to stop people going where they shouldn’t, but rather than try and special case Trix, Rogue and similar abilities it disables a large number of abilities to catch all that might cause problems.

It should never DC you, but it’s easiy avoided by not using your ability in there.

What’s wrong with that?

if you go into a realm queue and open chat, when you load into the realm it’ll also load you with chat still open and whatever you were typing. along with this the minimap will also be bugged blank until you close chat.

How is that a bug ? I found it very useful a lot of times.

ah yes, a blank minimap is quite useful

I was talking about the chat messages staying after a change of maps, which is indeed useful. A blank minimap is not a big problem if it disappears after chat is closed

Ik, it’s fantastic, I love it.

why does everyone think i’m saying that the chat is the problem

This is 100% repeatable, i.e. it happens every time. It might require map rotation turned off.

Every time I enter a new zone, such as a Realm, dungeon, Nexus or Vault, the map indicator for my direction is always pointing up, and keeps pointing up until I rotate. So I can move around in any direction and it stays wrong. In the screenshot I am facing right, so the Lich is upwards of me to my left. But on the map it looks as if I am facing up, towards this.

This can disorient me until I rotate to reset it to its proper direction. Now when I join a Realm/dungeon I often first rotate a small distance to force it to reset, wasting a few seconds every time.

Minimap rendering glitch. Basically destructable walls are offset from the rest of the map, at the highest zoom. See the screenshot – I choose Puppet Theatre as it’s clearest with pretty clean design and good contrast but it’s visible anywhere with destructible walls.

Apart from being ugly and distracting, it breaks the game in one way - you can see where coffin rooms are in the Manor. Although the contrast is not so good once you spot it you can easily recognise it:

minimap

On random, whenever someone dies, half or all the people in the realm, DC.

Protocal Error 7

Really sucks when I wait 30 minutes for my guild to clear a realm for o3, then a level 7 blue star dies

Throw animations are still bugged. Sometimes the game won’t render a thrown object (Stone Guardian sword, Malogia boulder, etc.), which can result in death.

Two new ones since the last update, possibly related:

I’ve seen a screenshot of this from someone else so won’t post another as is easy to describe and I’m sure others have seen it. The empty space on the minimap when doing Sprite World is light grey. This is so close to white that it makes the minimap pretty useless. It also occurs in the Vault if you go to the edge where it too has empty space (and now you don’t need to be a Rouge/Trix to do so).

And just noticed an odd effect in a Deadwater Docks: on the minimap as wall squares first load in they are grey. As you get closer they turn brown as they should be, but more then appear beyond them also grey. Same colour and same game update so it might be related.

Idk my game, but my walls are all black. Idk why it won’t go. Idk if it’s my pc or what, but it’s just weird af

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.