• System requirements for ROTMG:

• Processor: 2.33GHz or faster x86-compatible

• Memory: 1 GB RAM

• Hard Drive: 100 MB HD space

My Specs:

• Processor: i5-5200U / 2.19GHz

• Memory: 4.00 GB RAM

--------------------------
I could run ROTMG perfectly fine until exalt which was supposed to “Improve performance” ended up leaving me in the dust. I’m disappointed, I’ve supported this game since around 2011 and my time here will be ending thanks to DECA’s inability to support lower end machines (why are there so many useless effects, when I turn things off I expect it to not look good and not lag instead I’m met with an average looking game with lag and useless particles & animations everywhere also who needs status effects above anyone but themselves?).

I’ve seen more than one person (and a deleted reddit post on exaltbeta) have an issue when starting the game that said Failed to initialize IL2CPP. Unfortunately I couldn’t get details about their system specs, if I do I’ll add more info here.

Google provides these tutorials which have 3 suggested fixes to the problem.

I’m hesitant to add anything to the guide relating to it yet, just because after looking into it I haven’t seen anyone confirm that a fix worked for them relating to the issue.
Additionally, I don’t believe the initialization and functioning of IL2CPP would be reliant on one’s graphics card or DirectX level at all. I feel like Google is simply confounding “IL2CPP is related to Unity” and “Failed to initialize [something related to Unity]”. (I could always be wrong, maybe it is for some reason GPU-reliant because it does some wacky thing, but I highly doubt it).

As always, if anyone ran into this problem on their end and managed to find a way to fix it, can share and I can look into adding it into the guide.

I don’t know what the error means either, I’ll update if the fixes work for them.

try to open a shortcut within the exalt data folder or directly move Exalt into the data and leave a shortcut in the Production foler

I found a fix for this issue that sometimes appears for Macs (I’m not sure if this issue is on Windows) where items and in game portraits don’t load as seen here:

The fix is to change the game resolution in settings and toggle to not fullscreen. Although you can change it back to fullscreen after.

Trivial Issues Thread

After you change the game resolution and toggle fullscreen, does it fix permanently? Or do you need to do it every time you launch up the game? Just want to make sure I understand completely.

How does one get a name on exalt?

I see that on launch on Mac. It only occurs on first load, so if I do any of change char/go to vault/go to tinkerer/enter Realm it goes away. Normally the first thing I want to do is one of those things, so I am used to now putting up with it for a few seconds.

I fixed it for a friend by doing that, but there are probably more convenient fixes like what Skandling said.

mate is it that hard to make an alt ;-;

I have unnamed mules that can’t trsde

I think it might be broken for unnamed non-Steam accounts tbh, might need to contact support. I assume the issue is you click the name button and nothing happens, and that you made the unnamed accounts a long time ago before the Flash client forced you to name new accounts (~1 year ago).

I’ve been seeing a lot of posts today regarding errors with “load init data” and “Steam authorization error”, and it looks like these same people are reporting that the site is down as well, despite the site working fine for me and many others.

My first assumption is there is a DNS issue somewhere and this is causing players to be unable to access the RotMG site/domain (which leads to the error when attempting to load the game, because it does need to send a request to confirm your login information).
I wonder if this is out of anyone’s hands or if it is an accidental error on Deca’s end. I kind of slept through my networking class because the pandemic hit halfway through it so yep

I had the “load init data” problem yesterday, and it seemed to coincide with https://www.realmofthemadgod.com being down. There was nothing wrong with my internet otherwise, just that site was unreachable, which I discovered as I was looking to download it again to see if that helped.

It fixed itself in about an hour, and I have not seen the problem since. So it seems like a temporary problem, maybe DNS or a problem at their end. Of course it’s also one more problem with the pointless and badly written launcher. Fine, let it dial home for news, updates. But if it can’t connect to the server just let us play the game.

I literally just had that happen right now lol… and after closing/reopening the launcher (a few times) it fixed by itself :man_shrugging:

I used isitdownrightnow.com to check if realmofthemadgod.com was down but it wasn’t, if that helps

yo why my tablet small image

I think that’s called a phone

I’ve made a fairly major update to the guide thanks to information from @Zquidx who helped to test and find increases in performance.

Basically, if you run into the tree lag issue or game crashing on startup, it may be fixable via switching to Intel integrated graphics if you have that available.

I assume the issue in both cases is with the shader Exalt uses to render the outline shadows around things. I don’t exactly know which shader causes the issue for the game crashing though so I could be wrong about this, but I’m hoping that it is in fact that same shader, as it seems the integrated card either just doesn’t load the shader or loads it improperly and either way handles it well enough that the game can actually run and not lag.
Don’t know if Deca can fix this issue as Unity has good amount of issues with compatibility for AMD cards to begin with.

you went in a portal while activating it