Exaltation Locked Screen State

I see a handful of people everyday saying that their exaltations don’t work but all it turns out to be is that they aren’t 8/8 and didn’t bother to check.

That’s why I wanted to post my idea of a simple “locked” state screen for the exaltations, so people immediately know what’s up.

I made an image in PS to illustrate what it would look like. I don’t have Rotmg’s font so I had to go with what I have.

Perhaps not block it out entirely so that you can still look at your own stats wherever you want. Keep it translucent with a message instead? Otherwise, yes, this may help less observant people out.

Literaly me lol 30 nests in on my knight and I started to wonder what I was doing wrong

Yeah my 39k necro no longer was 8/8 for around 30 nests too due to the vit buff. Was wondering why i wasn’t getting exaltations

I’d prefer to be able to see what exaltations I already have on the class, but no more than that. I don’t need any of the progress bars on non-8/8s.

I think a better solution is to remove the 8/8 requirement to be in line with the rest of realm (all players can access all content, that is, a 0/8 can enter any dungeon if they want to, etc…).

Eh I think the main point of exaltations was something to do after 8/8 because getting a maxed character isn’t as big of an accomplishment anymore. Also more importantly grats on 10 years of playing lol that’s crazy.

But isn’t it end-game enough without the 8/8 requirement? I mean, the same players that would seek out completion as an immediate goal would do so regardless of the 8/8 requirement.

Also, I have plenty of 8/8’s but I also have 4-6/8 backups that I prefer to use in most of the dungeons on the exaltation list. I think the real point from the developers perspective is to try to get more players to rip on their 8/8’s - I see no real reason for it otherwise.

And thanks for the kind words :slight_smile:

120 nests on my knight and I’m still 5/8 because I really don’t see the point of grinding wis or that few more def. Is DECA saying an 8/8 running a few hundred endgame dungeon is worth more than a 7/8? Functionally there’s no real difference between a 5/8 and an 8/8 and I don’t see why DECA is intentionally making us grind more (8/8) to get to an even bigger grind.

Please allow me to re-emphasize this: exaltation was meant for players who have nothing else better to do, like the ones who just 8/8 because they’re bored. Of course, as in most games with quests like these, there are some players who see these as necessary competitions for the sake of their own honor or something, but really it was never meant to be super helpful and only slightly glamorous.

Sorry, now that I read that again, that might sound a little harsh. This wasn’t intended as an attack on anyone!

I mean, people who can 8/8 because they’re bored might run a fungal on a 0/8 because they don’t give a crap. One of the more annoying things is how this affects PPEs, LH is the easiest mana grind yet you’re constantly taunted by doing exactly what someone else is doing, yet not getting what they’re guaranteed.

Well, I think a lot of people in this game could use some more patience and self-discipline, personally (actually, in more than just this game; people need it in general). Again, exaltation being optional, if people can’t be bothered, they can’t be bothered.

Also, it’s probably smart that they don’t encourage 0/8’s to be constantly running those dungeons. Even if in the end those players are running popped dungeons and completely mooch off of dungeon trains, at least they have to focus on what their doing maxing wise when an even is going on, I seldom see enough variety in dungeons popped too max all of your stats (though I’m not found in many of those crowds, so feel free to bash me with data that says otherwise.)
I personally think the removal of losing progress when dying is a blessing enough. I’ll take only needing 8/8’s, assuming I bother with any of this to begin with.

Yeah I definitely need self discipline+patience ;3
I get it’s optional, but it’s pretty damn good with the dmg buff, only 32x32 pet skin, ic ooc nerf etc. You feel pressured to run it when everyone has their 5 dex and you got nada. The 8/8 cap I’m assuming was because loss of progress on death originallt but since that was scrapped there’s no big reason to keep it.

btw I don’t really understand 2nd part, can you rehash what you’re saying?

That was mere frustrated propaganda on my part. Long story short, I hate the desensitizing steamrolling mentality people have because it usually quickly kills the glamour of the game. There are a number of forumers that have attested to this already.

It’s ultimately unavoidable to prevent said constant steamrolling without getting rid of keys, but I like the idea of people having to put in at least a little effort in the game by occasionally seeking out their own dungeons to max the stats that aren’t in the main popped dungeons. They’ll steamroll with their 8/8’s eventually, but they have to try to get there, first! :upside_down_face:

Do you mean that you do not have to be 8/8 to be qualified for Exaltation? Like a 4/8 could be partially Exalted?

I mean there should be no stat* requirement at all to complete exaltations. It shouldn’t matter what your stats are, if you complete the dungeon and get SB on the boss, you should get the same credit towards exaltation as an 8/8.

Edit: Stat was auto-corrected to star… fixed it XD

Again, the same players would seek out completion of exaltation with or without this 8/8 exclusivity requirement. I’m not sure why you’ve take the conversation to steamrolling and all this other stuff. My point is everything in realm is accessible by every player, it’s the players choice whether they want to do a dungeon on a 0/8, a 4/8, or an 8/8 - this is one of the main fundamental principals of realm that has continued to make it a great and unique game amongst other mmo’s.

Edited to stay more on the point.

(I was typing a response to the first post, left, then you edited lol)

Can you tell I’m biased? :sweat_smile:

I know the sides and opinions of a number of you with the last few dev update threads, but didn’t want to provoke a fight by accident. Now that things are in place (though still very palpable), I feel a little more bold. I’m not trying to say that the game should be this way or that way, just that I like the current Exaltation setup.

I was bringing up steamrolling because that’s very related to Exaltation! Of course people are going to use it to be as efficient as possible, but I guess more true to my points, what I’m (bashing?) is the mentality of the players themselves. I don’t understand why people love to rush and skip everything, and this includes other games, and to a degree, real life. I’m not even just taking about random people I watch online, either! I’ve personally known a lot of people who like doing that. I also hate watching people getting desensitized to forms of entertainment that could be prevented.

I’m all for free agency, but the inner demon in me likes order and rules. Call me sadistic, but I secretly enjoy seeing times when people are forced some meager forms of patience in today’s generally rushed world.

(I know that quickly spiraled out of control, but basically, this is less about this game and more about my views on humans :no_mouth:)

Well in this thread at least, I’m not saying anything about exaltation in general, that is I know I don’t like it all, but that’s not my suggestion here. Here I’m just saying that the requirement for 8/8 to get exaltation credit is unnecessary, and I don’t really see how steamrolling relates to that aspect honestly - if anything it furthers the degree the dungeons will be repeatedly “steamrolled” by making them more often done by large groups of 8/8s exclusively.