Guardian [A Class Idea]

Guardian

StandForward Animated%20GIF-downsized_large WalkForwardGIF

StandSide Animated%20GIF-downsized_large AttackSide

StandBack WalkBackGIF AttackBackGIF

Note: Sorry about the GIFs needing the background, didn’t know how to crop it out on my computer.

Weapon: Sword
Ability: Barrier
Armor: Heavy Armor
Ring: Ring

Sword Barrier Heavy%20Armor Ring

The Guardian is a defensive melee class that can use its barrier to tank damage in a certain area, rather than those around him.

What this means is that his hitbox is enlarged so a 5 character wide and 1 character thick hitbox is made center on the player. Even though they take more damage, they will also receive buffs to help distribute that damage, along with some other special abilities for untiered barriers.

Note: All barriers increase their hitbox to the size stated above, with it perpendicular to the line between the player and their cursor. They will also give a light particle effect in the active areas.

Tier 0:

• Name: Steel Barrier
  • T0
  • Effect: Armored for 3 seconds
  • Length: 3 seconds
  • Stat Boosts: +2 DEF
  • Particle Color: Gray
  • Text: A simple flat piece of steel.
  • MP Cost: 30

Tier 1:

• Name: Iron Barrier
  • T1
  • Effect: Armored for 4 seconds
  • Length: 4 seconds
  • Stat Boosts: +4 DEF
  • Particle Color: Light Gray
  • Text: Compacted iron was used to form the front of the shield, giving it strength to hold against attacks.
  • MP Cost: 45

Tier 2:

• Name: Reinforced Barrier
  • T2
  • Effect: Armored for 5 seconds, Takes 10% less damage for 5 seconds
  • Length: 5 seconds
  • Stat Boosts: +6 DEF
  • Text: This barrier was reinforced with both steel and magic, allowing the user to take less damage even when the barrier fails.
  • MP Cost: 60

Tier 3:

• Name: Golden Barrier
  • T3
  • Effect: Armored for 5.5 seconds, Takes 25% less damage for 5.5 seconds
  • Length: 5.5 seconds
  • Stat Boosts: +8 DEF
  • Particle Color: Yellow
  • Text: The whole object is made of part gold and part of other metals, making an alloy capable of taking multiple hits.
  • MP Cost: 70

Tier 4:

• Name: Barrier of the Depths
  • T4
  • Effect: Armored for 6 seconds, Takes 40% less damage for 6 seconds
  • Length: 6 seconds
  • Stat Boosts: +10 DEF
  • Particle Color: Orange
  • Text: Originally a simple stone barrier, it was submerged in lava from the deepest caverns then immediately cooled down, still glowing hot with a hard obsidian core.
  • MP Cost: 80

Tier 5:

• Name: Diamond Barrier
  • T5
  • Effect: Armored for 6 seconds, Takes 50% less damage for 6 seconds
  • Stat Boosts: +12 DEF
  • Text: A large, bright, brimming diamond centered in the middle of powerful alloys, repelling effects upon the shield away from the user.
  • MP Cost: 90

Tier 6:

• Name: Barrier of the First Defender
  • T6
  • Effect: Armored for 6 seconds, Takes 60% less damage for 6 seconds
  • Stat Boosts: +12 DEF, +2 VIT, +2 WIS
  • Particle Color: Yellow
  • Text: This barrier was used by the very first knight who decided to devote his life to defending the lives of others. The magic and will of his soul still remains within this relic.
  • MP Cost: 90

Note: I believe the T6 barrier is a really garbage sprite, along with the T4 one, so if someone could make a better one that would be great.

Untiered Barriers:

Ancient Stone Barrier

• Ancient%20Stone%20Barrier
  • Effect: Invulnerable for 6 seconds, Slowed for 6 seconds
  • Party Buff: +10 DEF for 6 seconds, radius of 5 tiles
  • Cooldown: 8 seconds
  • Stat Boosts: -3 ATT, +15 DEF
  • Fame Bonus: 5%
  • Particle Color: Black
  • Text: This relic is oddly enough so strong that its user is invincible. Its creation is unknown, but it is used to protect many of something.
  • MP Cost: 100
  • Drops from: Stone Guardian (0.1% chance)
  • Bag: White
  • Feed Power: 900

Consuming Matter

• Consuming%20Barrier
  • Effect: +4 ATK for each damage you take during the duration, Armored for 5 seconds
  • Length: 5 seconds
  • Stat Boosts: -3 SPD
  • Fame Bonus: 3%
  • Particle Color: Purple
  • Text: A brave soldier attempted at collecting some of the pure evil that many realmers advised not to touch, and hastily attempted to fuse it with his shield. The matter partially consumed part of the barrier, but at least it hasn’t corrupted the users… yet.
  • MP Cost: 80
  • Drops from: Void Fragment, Void Shade, Greater Void Shade (1% for all)
  • Bag: Cyan
  • Feed Power: 500

Lvl 1 Stats:

HP: 200
MP: 100
ATT: 10
DEF: 0
SPD: 10
DEX: 10
VIT: 15
WIS: 10

Lvl 20 Stats (Avg):

HP: 700
MP: 190
ATT: 35
DEF: 0
SPD: 25
DEX: 25
VIT: 45
WIS: 30

Maxed Stats:

HP: 800
MP: 252
ATT: 45
DEF: 50
SPD: 50
DEX: 40
VIT: 75
WIS: 50

The Guardian has the average stats of about the knight, but its defensive options are increased while the offensive were decreased. (After all, he’s mostly designed as a melee support class.)

Pros/Cons of the Guardian

Pros:

• Strengthens the idealogy of RotMG being a team effort.
  • Can be used to protect smaller groups if the Guardian is strong enough.

Cons:

• May not be used oftenly due to the lack of DPS given by the Guardian.
  • Can easily be exploited (I believe) using extremely powerful pets of magic heal.

Give your opinions about this, and I will adjust this.

• It’s a good class.
  • Some of the sprites could use some makeovers, but good idea overall.
  • It’s an okay idea.
  • Probably isn’t a great class, but there are some good parts about it.
  • Absolute GARBAGE.

0 voters

Also, I’ll be making future class ideas (3 of them, to be exact, and perhaps more), so tune in later on.

This would be better if the duration was determined by wismod. Or maybe make it a hold space to use ability.
I think high def, att, hp would be fitting, but a bit OP for its ability. So maybe have lowered dex and speed to make it more balanced (still fitting)
Im thinking:
720 hp
252 mana
55 att
40 def
40 spd
45 dex
75 vit
50 wis
Also, Im not a fan of the sprite. It looks like a quickly thrown together knight skin

Just a quick note, he looks a lot like stone knight skin

This really wasn’t the best idea now that I think about it… but I guess it’s something. I will post a couple of other ideas, as I still have plenty left.

@Novachiz It seems reasonable for high def and hp, maybe atk. Also, the sprite really is kind-of a thrown together knight skin, I tried mimicking those statue-like things in the nexus that let you change your character (I think).

@Leohe Yep.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.