Guild Keys, an expansion

Hi guys! I’m sure you’ve seen variants of this topic before, and the idea isn’t that polished yet, so I’d rather discuss the idea itself before posting it as an actual idea, ya know. Either way I’d love to hear feedback on this:

Snake%20Pit%20KeySprite%20World%20Key Undead%20Lair%20KeyAbyss%20of%20Demons%20Key

For starters, those keys have an orange tone on the teeth, as opposed to yellow, seen on normal keys. I have not compared the two versions side by side using filters for colorblind people, so perhaps adding text to it saying GH would help out.

As the name implies, those keys are exclusive to guilds, and as such you can only open them in Guild Halls.

But why would you need to add guild keys to the game when you have standard keys already? Wouldn’t that be pointless?

By itself it would. But here’s the thing. Guild Halls would have an area where you could find those keys for sale, like in the Nexus. The difference is that they would be 20% cheaper than the Nexus counterparts. A Snake Pit would cost 40 gold instead of 50 gold. A Tomb would cost only 160 gold, as opposed to 200.

This could balance the scales and slightly shift dungeon running from Discord to guilds like in the old days. There will be different types of keys for sale depending on your Guild Hall level:

Level 1: None.

Level 2: 1 type of key available(eg: Snake Pit)

Level 3: 2 types of keys available(eg: Snake Pit, Sprite World)

Level 4: 3 types of keys available(eg: Snake Pit, Sprite, World, Undead Lair)

I’d say the keys could rotate once per day, like the Daily Quests. Having a higher Guild Hall level would net you a wider pool of dungeons to buy keys for on average.

But, what is stopping Discord raids from creating guilds and inviting people at the drop of a hat? It will become a race to the bottom!

That was once of the first problems I’ve encountered with this idea, until this dawned on me:

Only guild members with the Member rank and above can enter Guild Dungeons.

That means that the Initiate rank cannot do that, and this is the rank that you start with when you join a guild.

Initiates can only be promoted to Members at least after 60 minutes of being in the guild, so if you want to organize such raids, this will be a new obstacle, kinda like the teleport cooldown in realms to combat notifiers. If it turns out that people start to create multiple guilds to combat the issue, that time can always be increased.

Well, that’s it.I’m sure this concept has a few flaws, but that’s why I posted here in the first place, so we can discuss it.

decent idea, but

I don’t see this as being an even possible issue, most players wouldn’t want to leave their guild constantly to do raids, especially guild founders.

plus the cap on a guild is 50 members, which is a 15 player reduction compared to just running keys in a bazaar.

I feel like this would just hurt the guild system, many guilds use initiate and member as actual seperate roles, rather than insta-promoting to member, this would force guilds to either just not use the initiate role for basically no reason, or just not let their lower ranking members join guild dungeon runs.

This would just be a pain in the ass, I personally just insta promote friends of mine that join my guild up to leader, being forced to wait an hour to promote them would just be an annoyance.

Well, I understand that. I just wanted to play safe ya know. I feel like the difference in gold over time would become substantial, and would encourage that kind of behavior, you know?

That could be an interesting way to punish guild members for breaking rules.

Truly feels bad when you’r the guild founder, can’t leave the guild for anything.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.