Guild Kitchen/Garden! (Random Passing thought)

As the title suggests, this would be just outright suggesting a Guild Kitchen for players to gather ingredients and eat meals. Strongly inspired by Cooking/Eating in “Monster Hunter”.

General thoughts for how this idea would go:

• Guilds would have more upgrades and have more use out of Guild halls. These upgrades would be unlocking a kitchen and/or garden.

• Resources for this would mainly come from enemies who don’t really drop anything too significant or animal like enemies: Bunnies, Crabs, Scorpions, Snakes, Bees, Sludge, Lizards, Were-lions, etc. Most likely either dropping in large quantities or will be a long lasting supply (Maybe with the special use of tools too perhaps?).

• These enemies would mainly drop ingredients or such which could help the guild cultivate or store supplies for eating.

• Maybe even additional dungeons specifically for something special for the kitchen/garden?

• This all culminates to having a few minor buffs to stats or a minor ability that would help the player for an extended duration of time. Incentivizing the players to eat or to remember to eat.

image This is Guill’s brother, Ermo. Supposedly a chef. He’ll be manning the kitchen!

Current mechanics thought of so far: Lowland-Shoreland monsters have a chance to drop ingredients which have certain points. Players can bring this to Ermo to store and spend points for food. Ingredents would usually go for a large number of points.

Ermo can cook a variety of hearty meals, but the menu is based on what the player has discovered so far. Although gathering ingredients and getting points should not be too time consuming, its discovering those ingredients that make it more of a challenge to find dishes.

These dishes can provide helpful buffs to ensure the player is well and healthy into the battles they face, including but not limited to:

• Minor Increase in Attack/Dexterity/Defense/Vitality/Wisdom/Speed for 20-30 mins
  • Minor Increase in Chance to spawn dungeons when killing Gods for 20-30 mins
  • Minor Increase in Chance to spawn loot

Although this type of cooking may become a bit volatile sometimes (often times involving drunk), this could prove useful to any adventurer!

Ermo also has some skills in alchemy (although he calls it “storing things in bigger containers, like its not even that hard guys”) as he can cook and convert stat potions into tinctures and effusions! Making slightly stronger health potions, mana potions, as well as other “take-out” consumables which can be stored in your handy “Adventurer’s Belt”!

Overall planning for this change to not really affect people who don’t want to go through that sort of hassle as they wouldn’t miss out on too much. This promotes a sort of passive chill “mini-game” the players can do.

Edit History

Edit: Will add the idea rating poll soon, also considering that maybe this idea could instead or also be able to apply to pets for people who are hunting for feed power. To make the process more guided or streamlined other than quests.

Let me know of any comments, suggestions or even general thoughts you guys have below and I’ll get to them when I can!!!

What do you think about the idea?

• The idea is great!
  • The idea is good.
  • The idea is okay.
  • The idea is bad.

0 voters

Maybe you could make things like ichors and holy water with things you find you find in the realm and maybe even effusions and tinctures you could cook with stat pots (effs would cost a lot though, maybe 16 of the pot or 8 greater pots)

I wonder how you’d sell effusions in that case ( not like it’s anything major )

Older thread, but I wanted to ask how you would handle inventory management with your ingredients. Would it be similar to how the forge works? Since otherwise I imagine it would be annoying to carry them around.

You could also have a guild chest for storing ingredients.

Hmm I guess it would work a bit like “campaign materials”. You can “consume” the ingredients for kitchen points or something (or if you’re willing to go the extra mile for some extra points maybe store them in the inventory for kitchen quests or smtg). The main thing that will be out for these ingredients would be the variety as discovering new ones will allow you to combine and cook them in the kitchen for more recipes.

Super rough sketch but this would be the main idea I’d have for it.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.