Hacking is a more serious issue than I thought

Every time the realm closes I use /c and find around 20ish people, at oryx there are 60ish people

Is that even a hack? Are you sure people aren’t just waiting around in a dungeon?

40 people tho

I’ve never heard about a hack that could do that, but I could be wrong. I think it’s pretty believable 40 more people end up at oryx. You can’t be too sure something fishy is going on if you aren’t constantly doing /c after the realm closes

Uh…okay, so:

1. There’s most likely a hack for it (there’s a hack for pretty much anything nowadays) but I highly doubt 40 people would be using it at the same time in the same server for the same Realm.

2. It’s very common for players to finish up a few last dungeons before Oryx. In truth, I would believe this over the thought that 2/3 of the people in the Realm use hacks.

3. Why was this put in the Whine Cellar?

probably people in dungeons

I swear I remember recon hacks being fixed a long time ago, don’t know if another workaround was made tho

I’d say this should be in #game-discussion no idea why it’s here

(I’ll move it and someone can move it back if it belongs here rather than where I put it)

Isn’t the cap still 85 for realms?

I don’t think that’s too weird. Haven’t played much since hard cap update but before, I remember entering “full” realms with barely any people inside (20-40 players)

majority players roam around each servers every time there o2 or janus event… only to check where realm that faster to closing up. then they just afk on beach or mostly inside dungeon

Im surprised the community player base that use hacks aren’t scared of their account getting hack into since that one incident of many accounts died. That hero we didnt need.

People are usually staying in dungeons and when shaking begins they get out. It’s not a hack.

I think they got more careful after that

it was a specific client that was leaking their info, the current one probably doesn’t, as it’s made by a different person.

So the way that such clients are distributted on that certain forum works as follows:

1. A programmer takes existing hacks or creates new hacks and implements them into the current version of the game.
  2. Moderators of that certain forum download the proposed client, and vet for malicious code. If it passes their check, it is then given the go ahead for public distribution.

What happened on the account leak that you’re referencing:

1. A programmer with malicious intent, however morally good, planted a trojan into the hack client.
  2. The moderator who checked for malicious code failed to catch the viral payload.
  3. It was distributed, and everyone who entered their log in details were compromised.

As HorusKane has pointed out, they did in fact get more careful. I am not personally aware nor involved in such processes, though clients now take significantly longer to process on that certain forum.

This topic was automatically closed after 24 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.

^System’s auto-close was a consequence of OP originally posting the topic in WC category. I’ve returned it to a standard 2 month timer.

I am minded in the first instance to believe it’s only players legitimately within dungeons, especially if there’s been a desirable event/dungeon near the end of the realm closing, eg. Ice Cave at 3 heroes remaining in an 85/85 realm will probably get 40-60 people joining it, for them to reappear after the realm closes.

I’ve been doing a lot of Oryxes during this current event, and have to say I’ve not noticed anything suspicious; in previous years, when cheat-connecting was a thing, it was really obvious (because it was the same players again and again appearing).

One time people were in a ddocks and right before the realm left us? idk how to say it we went in so it was a large group of us especially during the ddocks event. So certain situations large amounts of people rejoin realm.

Dungeon recons were fixed ages ago. Realm recons however, are not.

wait what? can you put it in dumber terms

hackers can reconnect to realms

Oh thats what you meannnnn

I remember one time wondering “Wait didn’t you just leave? How are you back again?”