Have I become complacent?

Life over loot, nexus easier.

When you talk about staying in dangerous situations for as long as you can, that’s definitely you being either overconfident in your ability to survive (“I’d survive on my 8/8 here, I’m sure I could do it on my 6/8 too”), unconcerned with whether or not you survive (“If I die it’ll set me back, but I have other maxed characters so I can still farm efficiently to rebuild”), or just plain greedy since you’re doing it for the chance of a white.

It’s definitely that, although I’d say it is greed by far. That Aether Orb… must get one…

In my experience, realmeye isn’t particularly helpful for trading common items or potions. Try selling your eggs and life potions in the trading server and I’m sure you’ll get better results.

I was not aware of this. Realmeye trading used to be a major platform for trading. Times change I guess…

Anyways, thanks for the info. I assume you’re talking about Craig’s List.

As for the exalted rings you’re selling, there’s very little demand for them anywhere, so keep them on realmeye if you want, but don’t expect people to buy them often (I usually give non-hp rings away or drop them).

Ah don’t worry, I know those are hard to sell. Just a minor source of income for me!

I’ve been thinking about that. Frankly I’d rather be in a mature guild though, even if they do not pop keys. To me what matters is actually getting together to do stuff and have guildmates to who you can talk to without getting into old and worn memes ya know?

Maybe it’s just me becoming jaded, but I’m finding it hard to relate to the younger generation, I feel like there is a huge gap, certainly a larger one compared to the generation before mine.

But those guilds are hard to find, and I’m not afraid of being alone you know? I’ll keep building better chars and getting more end-game experience and base fame for when the time comes…

Wise words. Now the challenge is to switch from loot over life to the opposite.

SBC, Pub halls, Pub shatters, and Pub caverns all have requirements as low as maxing either attack or dex, and at most 3/8 dex, speed, and attack, you can move onto those dungeons with your current account.

(although I wouldn’t even attempt to get near pub halls right now, void event made the server unusable)

As for guilds they’re kinda generally useless as you can just run dungeons by yourself and most guilds don’t really do anything like frequent key openings, if you want to do key openings there may be a guild that’s posted here that offers such in #guilds but I wouldn’t count on getting in any super good ones till you do have a large stash of maxed characters, like you said.

I wouldn’t go for a “prestigious” guild, just find some people that are fun to hang out with and play with them. you’ll have a lot more fun that way.

If you’re not having fun with running the tedious glands dungeons, move onto end game dungeons for a bit, and if you get bored of both and trying to max constantly I’d reccomend finding another game to play for a little while till you’re not so burnt out on running them. If you keep forcing yourself to run dungeons when you really dont want to you’re gonna end up burning yourself out completely and you just aren’t going to find the game fun at all anymore.

Though I’m going off topic,
Seeing as you don’t seem to have a guild, I think Mitochondria could be the right place for you. We’re a group of chill (mostly) veterans.
Here’s our recruitment page if you’re interested

Here’s an idea: don’t set your sights on doing Discord raids as a method of reducing your tiredness from the game, because I can almost guarantee that it’ll drain the last of your spirit away.

Instead, try to join smaller, Realm-dropped runs. Sure, you’ll often not be strong enough to really pull through, but the experience you get from doing those runs will accumulate.
Of course, you should know when it’s better to just Nexus rather than try to scrape together unusable pieces.

Other than that, I could also suggest taking a short break. That’s usually helped for me whenever I lose a good character; even if you don’t notice it consciously, your mind does, and you become just a tad less stable, a tad slower in reaction time because of the impact that loss of a character had.

Why do you say that? Personal experience? I assume there’s more to this topic. Wanna talk about it? I’m sure it could lead to an interesting discussion…

While my elitist and douchebag side really wants to start hurling insults at you for suggesting that, I understand why you’re mentioning that, and frankly there’s some logic to it. The problem with the public runs is that all it takes is one smartass to compromise the group(especially in Shatters) and why I avoid them, as they tend to be slower, harder, and more dangerous. I like Discord because of you can hold players accountable for their actions, so they cannot hurt you.

There’s also another issue. Sometimes when those dungeons drop and the lower-rank players call them out usually I’m the first to say they are a waste of time and that it’s useless to try it. If I change my stance, won’t I become an hypocrite?

Are you saying that I could become better at the end-game by trying those runs and then moving on to Discord?

You’re absolutely right. When it happens I tend to tilt. It’s a mixture of grief and anger, hard to describe, but it weighs on me and I notice that I tend to become more obsessed with getting results.

Btw, I think this can turn out to be an interesting piece of conversation. I’d appreciate a reply. See ya around!

Both personal experience (especially my distaste towards fullskips, which fully embody the worst parts of this new era: the absolute desire to shave as much time as possible, compromising the safety of clearing and instead skipping over the actual dungeon aspect as much possible), and from what I’ve heard and seen around myself.
The concept of just listening to someone talk on what to do, over and over again, is just kind of mind-numbing to me.

Slower? Yes, definitely. More dangerous? Certainly - no guaranteed Marble Seal or healing class dramatically increases lethality. Harder? That’s where I might actually disagree, to some extent. While it’s tempting to say that a huge group makes a dungeon easier, there’s also the increased risk of the group becoming so large that it becomes disorganized. Granted, this may also happen in smaller runs, but the consequences of 40 people going haywire is worse than just 2 or 3 doing so.
I’d say that both’ve got unique up- and downsides.

In addition, scaling means that your individual DPS matters more. This is both a blessing and a curse: because your own DPS matters more in smaller groups, this might make them less viable for you if you’re not yet maxed in att/dex or have somewhat subpar gear. On the other hand, this also means that with proper DPS, you’ll bee able to handle enemies on your own, whereas that’d bee near impossible in a large group given the massive scaling they’d have.

Shatters itself is kind of stupid and sort of tends to indeed allow griefing, but dungeons such as Fungal and even Halls have that slightly less, since enemies are more difficult to properly drag - crusades aside, which already would require someone to run through another room twice.

So what? People’s stances can change, and you’d only be a hypocrite if you entered them while still calling them a waste of time.
In fact, that view is a negative feedback loop: nobody does public runs, because…nobody wants to do them…because nobody does them.
It just takes some courage to step up and just say “eh, whatever, let’s just go in”, and given how many realm players like a group mentality, you might pick up a few peeps along the way.

I’d argue that it takes slightly less skill to participate in a Discord run. Doing public runs will let you more cautiously analyze enemy behavior, which you can then safely apply to a Discord run without having to fully apply to a Raid Leader.

I SERIOUSLY could not agree more. fullskipping is such a terrible method, and it is never worth risking losing an entire character over just to do the dungeon faster

I heard about it, it is done a lot in LH from what I heard. What will I do if it becomes popular to the point that all Discord servers fullskip?

I would just not use them

I understand that. One of the consequences would be depriving yourself of those runs, which are pretty much the best way to get the LH UTs right? I’m mentioning it because I’m noticing it that in the later years, the game has become more dependent on Discord. It reached a point in which you are at a disadvantage if you do not use it, and that’s what I fear.

A player at my skill level definitely has a hard time getting lh gear because of this. But I play games to have fun, and running around in those monotonous gray halls doing the same thing over and over, risking my characters life, is easily the least fun thing about Realm of the Mad God.

Lol, it’s just simple rushing. Are you saying it’s never worth to rush any dungeon? Or only Lost Halls?

Anyway, you wouldn’t risk your characters if you used a backup. Totally worth the time economy.

It’s only worth rushing the dungeon if I’m confident with the rush. So, I only mean Lost Halls (and I’m also not too keen on lavawalking in shatters, but that’s not as bad)

Considering how much time is saved in comparison to other dungeons, I’d say it’s worth the risk.

As long as your raid leader doesn’t tell the group to run over a crusade you should be fine.

You know, one of my friends feel exactly that way. It is boring and unfun, because you run the same dungeons the same way over and over and over.

Solutions:

• Play a variety of dungeons, though you are not responsible for the dungeons that are, or aren’t in the game. But if there are mid-game dungeons you didn’t run very often, then try them out.
  • Change the way you are running these dungeons. For example, I recently tried to main the demon blade on a warrior. Because the range is very low but the damage is very high (when you try to hit both shots), it incentivizes me to learn more deeply the different boss patterns and minion’s behaviors, and to better control my character’s movement. I even managed to get a def pot on a rock dragon.

Well I hope I’ve been helpful here, don’t hesitate to ask for any clarifications.

But… they do… All the time.

Just lost my 5/8 Sorc trying to solo a Tomb. Justed wanted to pick up a Life pot.
Screw it, I’m out for a while, I can’t keep doing this. I’m tired of godlands, I’m tired of having great frame rates in a day and awful ones in another. I’m tired of 6/8ing after 6/8ing. I don’t get it, I want to convert my Life to DEF and even posted on Craigslist but no one takes it for some reason… Life was so valuable, nothing makes sense in my head anymore. This isn’t fun, this is torture. I’ll come back another day.