Have more diversity among UT swords

Just a 5 minute thought I had: UT swords in the game had almost no diversity. They either do high damage with a slow rate of fire, or they do little damage with higher range. Noted, there are some swords like oryx’s greatsword, pirate king’s cutlass, but most of the time a melee player would be just set with a tops set. Although I like having a class not being UT reliant, but I just wish there were more diversity among UT swords.

What do you suggest as an idea for a UT sword?

Same for staff classes, tiered straight up beats almost every staff unless it’s a niche scenario or you can sit on them

I’m not a big creator, but I do like the idea of the pirate king’s cutlass, and how it gives stat bonuses. I also want to see a sword that pierces enemies because being able to hit more than one target is fun.

So, Indomptable and Divinity?

Indoptable is highly situational and mostly just used for the set. Divinity just came out so still not much to pull from

You could say the same thing about daggers (excluding Avarice and Corruption Cutter).

• Cdirk: high damage, low range
  • Spirit Dagger: medium damage, medium range
  • Tiered daggers: low damage, high range
  • Etherite: extremely high damage, extremely low range

Your criticism of swords excludes:

• Ancient Stone Sword: a high damage per shot sword, best used on enemies with high Defense.
  • Sword of the Colossus: a very high damage sword that’s difficult to use due to its shot pattern.
  • Pixie-Enchanted Sword: a 4-shot sword with low damage.
  • Demon Blade: a 2-shot sword with medium damage.
  • Swashbuckler’s Sickle: similar to ASS, but with a wavy shot pattern.
  • Indomptable: ASS to the extreme, but with piercing.
  • Divinity: a sword that shoots freaking lightning bolts.

Swords are actually really diverse. Sure, Csword and Cutlass aren’t the most interesting items, but the other UT swords are really interesting.

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.