Heavy gear sprites: Redesigned

TLDR: Made something look a little more sexy (as usual). Scroll down for the pictures.

I’ll admit, this has been a long LONG time coming.

I came up with this back in September 2012 and never got around to posting it before I left RotMG to travel space and time. So without further-ado:

#Fixing the unreleased tier heavy gear

This info is probably dated as can be so I’ll give you an “old man rant” warning now.

Back in my day we had to walk 7 miles for a zseal.

When the Wine Cellar was announced back in build 115 we saw the first glimpse of the new tier (12) and the leaked sprites for the proceeding two more unreleased tiers.
Up until that point we had decent aesthetics across the higher tiers (10 and 11) of gear… with the minor exception of Emeraldshard and Hippogriff.

So when the new gear was leaked a lot of it looked rather… mismatched. All except for the grand exception of robes and staves.

Let’s have a quick look at

##The glorious robes and staves

Weapon Armor
Awesome! All working well together.
Let's look at the unreleased tier 13 and 14 sets.
Staff of the Vital Unity
Robe of the Star Mother

Looking good.
Staff of the Fundamental Core
Robe of the Ancient Intellect

This gets the BMJ Seal of Sexiness™

It looked all powerful and more importantly to me (as the last remaining BMJ) it looked sexy.

Guess I knew what I’d be playing.

##And then came the heavies…

Good lord. I’ll get this over with quickly.

Weapon Armor
Decent start
Spot on! Keep it going.
Erm.
Sword of Splendor
Dominion Armor

What?! No!
Sword of Majesty
Annihilation Armor

This could have been worse (Dominion Armor worse) but still...

Max def. Zero style.

Someone needed to do something.

A much needed rework

A more majestic home for the Sword of Majesty
A more splendiferous suit for the Sword of Splendor
And a more acclaiming… whatever… for the Sword of the Acclaim.

On a side note, it seems that the Demonblade was reskinned in a similar way in the end. So we’re about 3% of the way there.

I’d originally intended to do this for every unreleased tier but alas my people called and I never got around to posting the heavy sprite rework, let alone making any others.

Explain this, please
Lost Halls Official Trailer

I love the sprites, though they remind me of Mardi Gras. Also, I don’t see how the T13-15 Armors look bad. I think they could fit other than the fact that they don’t match, but I do prefer your sprites more regardless.

(I ran out of likes to use q.q)

Sexy.

Too. Much. Gold.

Now that you mention it the color schemes for heavy armor is really off. I would definitely support changing it. Every T12 armor always looked a bit out of place IMO, but this would go a long way towards fixing that.

Oh they definitely work on their own. They have a battle-worn look to them but they just don’t suit their weapon counterparts.

I felt they needed a little more of a regal vibe considering the rather awesome descriptions:

###Swords:

• Sword of Acclaim: A great sword of recognition, forged by the gods for the champions of humankind.
  • Sword of Splendor: An exalted weapon of the august kings of old, hallowed with the spirit of nations and yearning to grant power anew.
  • Sword of Majesty: A gleaming obsidian sword of imperial power, fashioned by enslaved demons for the personal use of a world-conquering leader of mortals.

###Armor:

• Acropolis Armor: Indestructible magical armor made for the elite stoneborn champions of the eastern citadels.
  • Dominion Armor: Exquistely decorated adamantine armor smithed by underdeep dwarves for the wardens of the demonclefts.
  • Annihilation Armor: Impenetrable forceplate armor worn by the blackguard conquerers* of the necromantic uprising.

* - Splelling mistake in the description.

And no one says anything about the leather armor.

Hey, at least the leather armor feels good.

These look great!
I feel like currently sky is the only good looking tiered sword and your use of its sprite in the redesigns are wonderful.

I’m also intrigued in what happened to the other BMJs?

I’d planned to go though the rest of the mismatched pairings.

However, the T14 dagger and leather… Just wonderful:

I absolutely agree. Those two extra pixels make the hilt far more distinctive and regal.

I did start looking at the original Mith sprite but that’s quite a mystic looking sword:

The inter-dimensional council of BMJs figured it’d be best to merge into one single BMJ so the space-time wouldn’t fall apart. Sort of a Rick and Morty thang going on.

What about switching textures for T12 sword with T13, and then replacing T14 sword texture with T12’s. And then make a red texture for swords

Erm.

Yes? Speak up.

ERM.

Dagger is like blue bladed foul…
lol
Armor is blue wyvern
It’s cool tho, i guess

They were the T14 dagger and armor, Dagger of Dire Hatred and Leviathan Armor.
I was given them on testing when testing the new O1 phase based battle (he used to just have red clones and no phase attacks). That screen shot was after testing the difficulty during solo battles. The developers then spawned one of each event at the time (cube, skull, pent, lord, sphinx and hermit) all in the same spot and left me to battle it out with them.
Probably the most fun battle I’ve had in RotMG.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.