Helm of the Lost Raider

the problem is the limitations of the platform make it difficult for variables other than shot number, arc gap, damage, RoF, etc to be changed. you try making a cool weapon that doesn’t mess with any tricky mechanics in flash

In other words, you can’t make it too… flashy :sunglasses:

You just contradicted yourself.

ANYWAYS. Can we stay on topic?

tbh you don’t want it to not be flashy

I can agree with most of your comments. However, the queen stinger is definitely broken.

You seem more pissed off than I am.
I love this game, and I only want it to improve. Can I not express my dissatisfaction with the current development of the game?
I wouldn’t put so much time and effort into posts like this if I didn’t want the game to improve.
If you can’t recognize what’s wrong with the game and how to encourage change, you can stay in the current meta forever. Enjoy your Champions Bastions and your Bows of the Void. I’ll be pursuing better ideas.

Like I mentioned earlier, Planewalker was a great UT which didn’t do basic stuff with other UT weapons do (add a cool status effect, add more stats, lazy things like that). The ability to teleport was a simple change but an effective and powerful one.

All of this arguing should be like in another topic. Can someone split this thread?

plane walker essentially took an aspect of one classes ability and gave it to another. which is cool. however weapons are harder because they don’t have any cool abilities so it’s hard to make a large varied weapon range.

@gammagamer if you wanted that you would ping a leader or mod but this discussion is fine where it is imo

…no, not really. This is a specific item idea and you guys kind of went wildly off topic.

Let’s ask @shatter and @nevov

y’see, this is reason I cant make people, they just look so weird

IMO it would lose the context if it was split, as it developed from discussion about OP’s design (starting from “is it lazy design or not”) with several replies that wouldn’t make sense elsewhere.

Love it!

quoth god, on the 5th day

/offtopic

for real, something like this could be cool if a bit of tweaking was done.

Interestingly enough, I just realized I never actually left a comment on this. (Swear I was going to. Not just ignoring it) So, I had a slight question first. I noticed that the helm left a relatively new concept, inspire and I noticed that it was given to the player for 3 seconds. However, you never actually mentioned how long the trail would stay on the ground. Secondly, I noticed that this helm has NO cooldown (so add one of those). Sprite’s alright. Overall, I would say the helm is kinda weak. Can’t think of much else.

wuh woh we wused warmor piewcing on wun weapon gwuess we cant wuse it again

thats the definition of a UT item

I like Inspire. Idk if you ripped Karma’s design, but 10 attack for 3 seconds? Make it like 5 seconds. Also give it a short speedy boost for inspire.

Like I thoroughly explained, it’s a stupid idea to add armor breaking to a sword because all swords do great damage already. Armor piercing doesn’t work on a sword like it does on a wand. Need proof? Look how many people wear the Mad God sword.

No, slightly different from other items is tiered weapons. A UT item is supposed to be unique, and alter gameplay of the character wearing it. Like the example I gave, Planewalker. Or Jugg. Or QoT. Or EP.

You’re comparing how many people wear an extremely rare ST drop from Oryx to literally every other sword. What is your point? Of course not everyone is going to wear it, some might not own it and others may prefer longer range or 4 shots or etc. Most wear acclaim over everything else anyway because it’s much cheaper and a solid choice almost all the time.

Good on armoured and high defense enemies. Gets you even more damage because defense is never taken into account.

No wtf, normal is tiered.

Yes, of course. In the end gameplay mostly comes down to point and shoot so I’m not 100% keen on the “alter gameplay” though, we wouldn’t want a sword with 9 range would we? Just slight differences are fine, and I’m not exactly certain on why you think every new item must be something never seen before. When weapons, abilities, armours and rings were made, they created a certain standard for each one (rings are kind of an exception but there’s a pretty clear limit on how different the stats can be before they become weird or unusable.) For example katanas have their relatively high damage compared to other weapons and piercing, with a low range, and robes give low defense with lots of minor stat increases, and spells create lots of high damage projectiles around a center tile.

These standards are followed by UT items, which keep the core aspect of an item while adding something slightly different, usually at the expense of another. All the examples you mentioned do bring something new to the table but in the end they still keep their original uses, all cloaks give invisibility, all poisons deal damage over time and all tomes heal. There actually isn’t that much room for new things to add, you know?

The most convincing counter example to this I can think of is the ST helm, which replaces the time tested berserk and speedy for a brief paralyse and a +250 HP increase. I reckon this is the “new and unique” sort you’re looking for, and yet it was made by DECA. Also, it’s not particularly useful. New doesn’t always mean better or more fun (although I kind of enjoyed mine I never found a good use for the paralyze as it can always be done better by a huntress or archer, and the HP increase is decent but you’re better off buffing your offensive stats for the party, and not a +50 or so HP boost from a standard paladin buff).

Not sure how to tell you this but that arguments is invalid because a decent amout of people actually do carry the mad god sword, even if not as a main. Secondly, I have put this argument up myself too. However, the idea that a UT should be unique is clearly not exercised even in the earlier whites and therefore cannot be expected in future whites either. Finally, unique is up to the player and creator. Everyone’s opinion is different