Horrible Ignored Bot still talks

…does this work for other bots?

if it does i have found my calling.
ahk script activate!!!

Nah probably not xd. I’m assuming that the bot just do happened to be restarting, or the dudes router died or something of the sorts while I was trying to test things out.

i noticed block appears when you are not in the same room as the bot, and ignore comes up when you are in the same room as the bot.
like, when I enter my vault after a bot has pm’d me from nexus, it’ll say to “block” instead of “ignore” as it would in the nexus

It’s a plague right now, tbh… :confused:
But in my experience, I just ignore the bot and after that I recieve even more pms from other bots… Probably already 20 bots in 2 days, since 17th march, were blocked by me, even using the star requirement.

It’s also so sad that I have to be spammed by bots if I want to talk to new players :frowning:

RWT sites releasing bots.

Today I witnessed the issue Kittie has observed. In USNW there is a bot that has been spamming about a pserver. I blocked it a week or two ago and then today, out of the blue, I noticed their spam was back. I thought it might be just a bot with a similar name but when I went to click ignore it only gave me the option to unignore. So there must be some sort of work around that allows bots to nullify the ignore/block option.

I am glad this has happened to you too! I was starting to think I was the only one.

I have seen this.

What happens is (I believe) the spamming is so spammy, it gets through before the game implements our ignorelist.

If you stay in the realm you won’t (if it’s the same as my experience) receive further messages from that bot. But the first one has a chance of getting through.

I’ve had it also from real players, who are on my ignore list, but just happen to have spoken in the instant I load into a realm, before my ignorelist kicks in.

Edit: it could be affected/worsened by server speed/lag/your connection speed.
BTW those bots are on several servers so… yeah… botkilling sweep from game mods, when?

I moved it to #game-discussion:bugs as it seems to be a bug with the way ignores are handled.
And yeah, your sentiments are spot on about these scummy worded messages.

If you’re dedicated enough, here’s a little story.

Before /kick, pub halls had a severe crasher problem. One time a RL came up with the genius idea that all 100+ people in the run would go into a corner and all PM the crasher(I think it was Cylex) at the same time. He DC’d. If you are serious enough to do this, go ahead–I don’t know how it will work.

Thank you for the heart-warming story :heart:

Too bad I don’t really have an army at my disposal like the RL. Maybe Deca will ban a few bots, given how bad it has been lately?

Thanks, I think you’re right, and that’s exactly what happens.

Trivial Issues Thread

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.