How do you feel about the Sorc?

Meh, I don’t train so I wouldn’t know about that.
Still think just playing another class would get more pots than a sorc in train tho, so I wouldn’t say sorc is especially good at it.

Never got a Fulmi, never maxed a Sorc, never played Sorc well.
That sums up how I feel about Sorc

I feel like the sorc needs a buff. maybe 30+ attack and 30+ wis

Are you being sarcastic?

It’s fine, sure it’s great to have fulmi but ehhhhhhhh tiered scepters are great too

I think it is meh. But if we keep on buffing things, then the power creep would be real.

I like sorcerer best, but I’m a noob who’s never maxed a stat (I’m pretty bad, the richest I’ve ever been is having two life in my vault) so I wouldn’t know. It’s really fun to play with, though it’s probably not the best class to actually use.

Fulmi Sorc = Overpowered

Sorc is garbo without any UT’s to help

Not really. The Wand still has ridiculously low DPS compared to other classes, so it isn’t that overpowered.
However, the Fulmi is more powerful than the Scepter of Storms damage/MP-wise; there are very few situations where one would prefer to use a Storm if they have access to a Fulmi. An example would be the Forgotten King, since slowing him in one of his later phases will cause…trouble.

This is from personal experience, having maxed an 8/8 sorc (and then died with it in my desperation to gat a fulimi)
Damage output is moderate, add on a bit of scepter spamming (easy, being a robe class and the MP cost being low) you can get a decent amount of loot from bosses, god walls, test chests, etc. Sure, Fulimi is the best scepter you can use on sorceror, but it’s not like "if you don’t have fulimi you’re absolute trash"
Health regen is amazing too (highest vit in the whole game along with knight and warrior), add on a soulless robe, expo/pyra, you should be off pretty fine. Didn’t have much trouble with it either - it’s suitability is great, since it uses wands it can stay at a pretty safe distance, and when your scepter bounces to multiple targets, your range can technically extend even farther.
My stance is: No change needed, fine as it is.

I really liked sorc for wine cellars, but on this account I don’t have it unlocked.

It is in a very bad spot and it isn’t good for many things and it is better when you have a fulmi

The consensus among most players is that Sorcerer is playable with a good magic heal pet and a Scepter of Fulmination. However, the scepter mechanic is weak (lack of burst damage) and boring (press spacebar, almost no aim or focus required).

With the introduction of enemies that are immune to paralyze but not slow, I would argue that the Sorcerer class became even more unnecessary: classes with slowing abilities, especially Huntress and Archer, became more popular while the Sorcerer population did not see any increase. Players who wanted to slow certain enemies picked other classes over Sorcerer, for multiple good reasons:

• other classes did significantly more damage (Huntress, Archer, Paladin)
  • they had more useful functional abilities as well (Huntress, Archer, Mystic)
  • they had better defensive/healing mechanisms (Paladin, Necromancer, Mystic)
  • the introduction of more slowing items (ST Seal for Paladin, Honey Orb for Mystic, Freezing Quiver for Archer, Skullish Remains of Esben for Necromancer)

To summarize, Sorcerer is weak now because he doesn’t excel at anything - this is the result of the Sorcerer’s niche slowing UT ability no longer being unique to the class, combined with simply the lack of damage output that has always haunted wand classes.

So basically you’re saying there should be a new UT scepter with an interesting debuff or new mechanic?
I would also suggest a mp cost reduction for tiered scepters, as fulmi’s damage/mp cost ratio is comparatively unfair.
Perhaps even a minor fulmi nerf in terms of mp cost or targets hit.

For a new scepter, we can’t just reuse daze or something like that or we’d get rubbish ideas. (@Xaklor)

Perhaps an entirely new enemy debuff, something like reducing the damage they do by a percentage? It would make the sorc into a support class though.

Or maybe give it paralyze? Kinda makes sense with the lightning theme…
We could go with the self-debuff/enemy-debuff theme maybe, if it’s not too corny. Enemy gets paralyzed, you get slowed or something.

Make the para-scepter do slightly more damage for significantly less targets, lets say 4 targets, 290 damage, for 90 mp (after the rebalancing of mp costs), slows you for 1 second, paralyses enemies for 2 seconds.

Would this scepter idea be worthwhile fleshing out? It kind of needs a drop location too though, and what would fit with the electric/cursed theme? It’s hard to make an original dungeon with the lab and its robots being as they are. Perhaps make the setting in a power station or an energy plant.

I’m getting mixed messages here.

corny isn’t the issue, it being broken is. two words: Holy Water

I love sorc as long as it has a fulmi, it’s my favorite class as long as it has that.

it may also interest you to know that I’ve made two UT scepters possibly capable of redeeming the class:

(technically there’s a third form the nameless void, but that one’s just op and was one of my earliest ideas. y’know, before I actually knew what I was doing)

What the…?! I thought you always knew what you were doing… I don’t even know you anymore.

don’t believe me?

Scepter of Armageddon: I was called weak. I was called useless. Now they kneel before my power.
MP cost: 100
350 damage to 9 enemies
Inflicts curse for 4s
Stats: +2 ATK
Fame Bonus: 6%
Feed Power: 700

one of these days I’ll get around to redoing the void and all it’s drops. it’ll be much better.

Holy :poop: !

Sorc is boring as hell to play just like assassin. That said, I cycle between these two just for doing WCs (and public tombs if I get enough notice to change chars) because loot is pretty much guaranteed in complete safety. A loot drop/tier pair lasts about 3 or 4 WCs.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.