How To Make Good Posts

For the post about things to avoid :wink:

go search up console’s posts

So…
Trofimowen’s forum page?

jk pls

Probably should add a link to the Forum rules and guidlines somwhere there

Done!

That is possibly the worst piece of advice I’ve seen. If you want to avoid flags, just stick to the rules, (which you’ve read, right?) it’s not magic nor rocket science. If the flag was stupid, the mods aren’t going to do anything and you have nothing to worry about. Controversy = Discussion, so don’t shut down controversial conversations.

I’d change this to

if your ideas are not thought out, complete, or don’t follow these rules

Starting controversy is one of the easiest way to get flags though. I’m not saying shut down these conversations; I chose my wording carefully. “Avoid”, not “shut down”. Of course, you can make these topics, but avoiding them is always safer.

@CandyShi On it! Thanks for the help :wink:

:wink:

wait no that’s how I got my first flag um… gotta contribute…

Good luck man, about time someone made this :stuck_out_tongue:

I didn’t go over this. No wonder.

Huh? No one does this. It’s only after hard self reflection that you can do this.[quote=“Edwardidk, post:1, topic:6536”]
It does not start any legitimate discussion
[/quote]

Should not be WC, I am horribly against this.[quote=“Edwardidk, post:1, topic:6536”]
Avoid controversial topics. These posts can be interpreted the wrong way. Sure, you have freedom of opinion, but if you want to err on the safe side, just avoid them.
[/quote]

Lol wot. I’m sorry, but controversial topics are the only things that really allow discussion since everything that isn’t controversial is universally agreed upon by the community.[quote=“Edwardidk, post:1, topic:6536”]
Attack the idea, not the person. If you’re going to criticize, don’t just blatantly call the original poster stupid, give reasons why their idea is incorrect. Remember, you agreed to be civilized when using this site in the Terms of Service of RealmEye.
[/quote]

You do this a lot, too.

@moderators, want to pin this or nah?

Sounds to me like you either don’t understand the flag system, or you don’t know what “controversy” means.

If you get a flag solely because your opinion is different from others, the people doing the flagging are immature and childish, and you shouldn’t let that hold you back.

And will receive the nulled flags themselves

Aww, I feel so honored to have someone say that all my posts belong in the Whine Cellar.

IMO, I think it’s the exact opposite. People who have not self-reflected assume that they were unfairly treated in some way or another.

It’s in the rules you accepted. If you can’t handle it, use Reddit.

See above:

Yeah, that’s a bad habit of mine, that I plan on changing :wink:

That every topic has to start discussion?

Exactly :wink:

No that you can’t start making threads for absolutely no reason.

for example:

creates thread

text: I lik tortlez

controversy - disagreement, typically when prolonged, public, and heated

Disagreements, when heated, result in people raging and flagging you. I’m not saying this should hold you back, but if you truly want no flags at all, you are better off avoiding those kinds of topics.

That is not a valid reason for a flag, don’t let that hold you back.

Ever heard of the anime Assasination classroom?

You know how they have the class E at the very bottom. That’s what I believe the Whine Cellar is, especially since it’s public. It’s really just a place to get ridiculed by some random troll. It brings down reputations horribly. It’s stupid. It shouldn’t exist. The fact that you’re making a thread so that people can get out of the whine cellar only shows how much of a “competition”, so to speak, the forums really is.

Actually, it’s a section to store useless posts that won’t start discussion.