Huge Giveaway (ESSAY!). READ MY LATEST POST

hi

This is the most tragic story of all time.

It's long

There once was a little boy, born into slavery on a desert planet far away from the centers of the universe.
A figure, straight from the stories and legends he hears about from strange pilots, with the most beautiful woman he has ever seen, appears on his planet. He sees the knight and wants to become just like them. He helps them and is able to escape his slavery. But the man tells him he has to leave his mother behind. He figures that he can save her after he becomes a knight. He rushes to a beautiful planet and somehow ends up on a ship and blows up a huge trade center. And the man who rescued him died in the battle, but the boy is able to be trained. He trains and trains and trains. He learns that knights are not allowed to love. He dreams. He dreams about his mom, whom he left behind all alone. He dreams that she dies, in pain and suffering. These dreams are so vivid. But he meets up with the woman he had met earlier on that desert planet and instantly falls in love. He knows he shouldn’t, but he does. She admits his love for him too. He goes to his mother to find he was too late. She’s gone. And now, his mentor is kidnapped by a mysterious former knight. He tries to rescue him and fails. His love is nearly snatched away from him. He sees the evil man, the one who kidnapped his mentor and attempted to kill his wife. He lashes out in anger, and he ends up losing his arm. But he can replace it, and anyways, he secretly marries. He loves his wife so much. But there’s a war, and the knights are called to serve in battle and die. He goes and does his duty brilliantly, sneaking away whenever possible to find his wife. One day, he goes to rescue the chancellor. He fights the evil man again. He uses his anger again and kills the evil man. It plants an ugly seed within him, but the chancellor tells him he did right. But he killed a man, how can it be right? He meets up with his wife afterward, who reveals she is pregnant. He knows that he will be exposed and he won’t be able to be a knight after this all blows up. But he tries to push it away. He has more dreams, this time of his wife. He convinces himself he won’t let it happen. He goes to the leader of the knights, a man of great wisdom. But the leader tells him there is nothing that can be done. How, when it should be possible? He goes to a different source, the chancellor, who tells him a story. A story, or legend, in which an evil knight was able to stop people from dying. He’s secretly excited. Now, he knows it might be possible. He finds out that the chancellor is evil. However, the chancellor says he can save his wife. Later, his fellow knights try to kill the chancellor. The only man with the knowledge to help him. So the boy kills his fellow knights. The chancellor tells him to do scary things, but he has to do it if it means saving his wife. He assassinates the leaders of the enemies in the war. His wife comes to him. But she’s begging for him to come back. Can’t she see why he’s done this? He gets angry and lashes out. His mentor, his best friend, tries to kill him. He burns him, the pain, so bad he can barely breathe. He can feel the pain feeding the anger, growing inside him. He wakes up in a metal suit. He wakes up, angry and defeated. The chancellor tells him his wife is dead. How…? How could he have failed her? The pain and rage turn into a haze. Under this haze, he does terrible things. The pain is so immense and painful, its shocking he can bear it. He has nothing. Nothing.
Nothing left.

Later. How long has it been? How many has he intimidated, mutilated, murdered? But he senses something. A force in the galaxy that could rival his own. The chancellor tells him it’s his own son. How could it be? He tries to make his son see the logic he has accepted for such a long time now. But he fails. His son would rather fall to his death than accept his way of thinking. But still, the son thinks the father can be redeemed. Can it be true? Later, he does the chancellor’s, now emperor’s, wish and brings the son to him. The chancellor could turn him, like he did to the father. But the son resists. And is being killed. The haze breaks and he protects his son. He kills the emperor. But he’s dying, dying, and he briefly sees his son with his own true eyes. He takes his last breath, and fades into the Force.

that isnt proper mla works cited formatting

That’s just star wars

lel

You should have gone for the head.

I would be presumptuous, indeed, to present myself against the distinguished gentlemen to whom you have listened if this were but a measuring of ability; but this is not a contest among persons. The humblest citizen in all the land when clad in the armor of a righteous cause is stronger than all the whole hosts of error that they can bring. I come to speak to you in defense of a cause as holy as the cause of liberty—the cause of humanity. When this debate is concluded, a motion will be made to lay upon the table the resolution offered in commendation of the administration and also the resolution in condemnation of the administration. I shall object to bringing this question down to a level of persons. The individual is but an atom; he is born, he acts, he dies; but principles are eternal; and this has been a contest of principle.

Never before in the history of this country has there been witnessed such a contest as that through which we have passed. Never before in the history of American politics has a great issue been fought out as this issue has been by the voters themselves.

On the 4th of March, 1895, a few Democrats, most of them members of Congress, issued an address to the Democrats of the nation asserting that the money question was the paramount issue of the hour; asserting also the right of a majority of the Democratic Party to control the position of the party on this paramount issue; concluding with the request that all believers in free coinage of silver in the Democratic Party should organize and take charge of and control the policy of the Democratic Party. Three months later, at Memphis, an organization was perfected, and the silver Democrats went forth openly and boldly and courageously proclaiming their belief and declaring that if successful they would crystallize in a platform the declaration which they had made; and then began the conflict with a zeal approaching the zeal which inspired the crusaders who followed Peter the Hermit. Our silver Democrats went forth from victory unto victory, until they are assembled now, not to discuss, not to debate, but to enter up the judgment rendered by the plain people of this country.

But in this contest, brother has been arrayed against brother, and father against son. The warmest ties of love and acquaintance and association have been disregarded. Old leaders have been cast aside when they refused to give expression to the sentiments of those whom they would lead, and new leaders have sprung up to give direction to this cause of freedom. Thus has the contest been waged, and we have assembled here under as binding and solemn instructions as were ever fastened upon the representatives of a people.

We do not come as individuals. Why, as individuals we might have been glad to compliment the gentleman from New York [Senator Hill], but we knew that the people for whom we speak would never be willing to put him in a position where he could thwart the will of the Democratic Party. I say it was not a question of persons; it was a question of principle; and it is not with gladness, my friends, that we find ourselves brought into conflict with those who are now arrayed on the other side. The gentleman who just preceded me [Governor Russell] spoke of the old state of Massachusetts. Let me assure him that not one person in all this convention entertains the least hostility to the people of the state of Massachusetts.

But we stand here representing people who are the equals before the law of the largest cities in the state of Massachusetts. When you come before us and tell us that we shall disturb your business interests, we reply that you have disturbed our business interests by your action. We say to you that you have made too limited in its application the definition of a businessman. The man who is employed for wages is as much a businessman as his employer. The attorney in a country town is as much a businessman as the corporation counsel in a great metropolis. The merchant at the crossroads store is as much a businessman as the merchant of New York. The farmer who goes forth in the morning and toils all day, begins in the spring and toils all summer, and by the application of brain and muscle to the natural resources of this country creates wealth, is as much a businessman as the man who goes upon the Board of Trade and bets upon the price of grain. The miners who go 1,000 feet into the earth or climb 2,000 feet upon the cliffs and bring forth from their hiding places the precious metals to be poured in the channels of trade are as much businessmen as the few financial magnates who in a backroom corner the money of the world.

We come to speak for this broader class of businessmen. Ah. my friends, we say not one word against those who live upon the Atlantic Coast; but those hardy pioneers who braved all the dangers of the wilderness, who have made the desert to blossom as the rose—those pioneers away out there, rearing their children near to nature’s heart, where they can mingle their voices with the voices of the birds—out there where they have erected schoolhouses for the education of their children and churches where they praise their Creator, and the cemeteries where sleep the ashes of their dead—are as deserving of the consideration of this party as any people in this country.

It is for these that we speak. We do not come as aggressors. Our war is not a war of conquest. We are fighting in the defense of our homes, our families, and posterity. We have petitioned, and our petitions have been scorned. We have entreated, and our entreaties have been disregarded. We have begged, and they have mocked when our calamity came.

We beg no longer; we entreat no more; we petition no more. We defy them!

The gentleman from Wisconsin has said he fears a Robespierre. My friend, in this land of the free you need fear no tyrant who will spring up from among the people. What we need is an Andrew Jackson to stand as Jackson stood, against the encroachments of aggregated wealth.

They tell us that this platform was made to catch votes. We reply to them that changing conditions make new issues; that the principles upon which rest Democracy are as everlasting as the hills; but that they must be applied to new conditions as they arise. Conditions have arisen and we are attempting to meet those conditions. They tell us that the income tax ought not to be brought in here; that is not a new idea. They criticize us for our criticism of the Supreme Court of the United States. My friends, we have made no criticism. We have simply called attention to what you know. If you want criticisms, read the dissenting opinions of the Court. That will give you criticisms.

They say we passed an unconstitutional law. I deny it. The income tax was not unconstitutional when it was passed. It was not unconstitutional when it went before the Supreme Court for the first time. It did not become unconstitutional until one judge changed his mind; and we cannot be expected to know when a judge will change his mind.

The income tax is a just law. It simply intends to put the burdens of government justly upon the backs of the people. I am in favor of an income tax. When I find a man who is not willing to pay his share of the burden of the government which protects him, I find a man who is unworthy to enjoy the blessings of a government like ours.

He says that we are opposing the national bank currency. It is true. If you will read what Thomas Benton said, you will find that he said that in searching history he could find but one parallel to Andrew Jackson. That was Cicero, who destroyed the conspiracies of Cataline and saved Rome. He did for Rome what Jackson did when he destroyed the bank conspiracy and saved America.

We say in our platform that we believe that the right to coin money and issue money is a function of government. We believe it. We believe it is a part of sovereignty and can no more with safety be delegated to private individuals than can the power to make penal statutes or levy laws for taxation.

Mr. Jefferson, who was once regarded as good Democratic authority, seems to have a different opinion from the gentleman who has addressed us on the part of the minority. Those who are opposed to this proposition tell us that the issue of paper money is a function of the bank and that the government ought to go out of the banking business. I stand with Jefferson rather than with them, and tell them, as he did, that the issue of money is a function of the government and that the banks should go out of the governing business.

They complain about the plank which declares against the life tenure in office. They have tried to strain it to mean that which it does not mean. What we oppose in that plank is the life tenure that is being built up in Washington which establishes an office-holding class and excludes from participation in the benefits the humbler members of our society. . . .

Let me call attention to two or three great things. The gentleman from New York says that he will propose an amendment providing that this change in our law shall not affect contracts which, according to the present laws, are made payable in gold. But if he means to say that we cannot change our monetary system without protecting those who have loaned money before the change was made, I want to ask him where, in law or in morals, he can find authority for not protecting the debtors when the act of 1873 was passed when he now insists that we must protect the creditor. He says he also wants to amend this platform so as to provide that if we fail to maintain the parity within a year that we will then suspend the coinage of silver. We reply that when we advocate a thing which we believe will be successful we are not compelled to raise a doubt as to our own sincerity by trying to show what we will do if we are wrong.

I ask him, if he will apply his logic to us, why he does not apply it to himself. He says that he wants this country to try to secure an international agreement. Why doesn’t he tell us what he is going to do if they fail to secure an international agreement. There is more reason for him to do that than for us to expect to fail to maintain the parity. They have tried for thirty years—thirty years—to secure an international agreement, and those are waiting for it most patiently who don’t want it at all.

Now, my friends, let me come to the great paramount issue. If they ask us here why it is we say more on the money question than we say upon the tariff question, I reply that if protection has slain its thousands the gold standard has slain its tens of thousands. If they ask us why we did not embody all these things in our platform which we believe, we reply to them that when we have restored the money of the Constitution, all other necessary reforms will be possible, and that until that is done there is no reform that can be accomplished.

Why is it that within three months such a change has come over the sentiments of the country? Three months ago, when it was confidently asserted that those who believed in the gold standard would frame our platforms and nominate our candidates, even the advocates of the gold standard did not think that we could elect a President; but they had good reasons for the suspicion, because there is scarcely a state here today asking for the gold standard that is not within the absolute control of the Republican Party.

But note the change. Mr. McKinley was nominated at St. Louis upon a platform that declared for the maintenance of the gold standard until it should be changed into bimetallism by an international agreement. Mr. McKinley was the most popular man among the Republicans ; and everybody three months ago in the Republican Party prophesied his election. How is it today? Why, that man who used to boast that he looked like Napoleon, that man shudders today when he thinks that he was nominated on the anniversary of the Battle of Waterloo. Not only that, but as he listens he can hear with ever increasing distinctness the sound of the waves as they beat upon the lonely shores of St. Helena.

Why this change? Ah, my friends. is not the change evident to anyone who will look at the matter? It is because no private character, however pure, no personal popularity, however great, can protect from the avenging wrath of an indignant people the man who will either declare that he is in favor of fastening the gold standard upon this people, or who is willing to surrender the right of self-government and place legislative control in the hands of foreign potentates and powers. . . .

We go forth confident that we shall win. Why? Because upon the paramount issue in this campaign there is not a spot of ground upon which the enemy will dare to challenge battle. Why, if they tell us that the gold standard is a good thing, we point to their platform and tell them that their platform pledges the party to get rid of a gold standard and substitute bimetallism. If the gold standard is a good thing, why try to get rid of it? If the gold standard, and I might call your attention to the fact that some of the very people who are in this convention today and who tell you that we ought to declare in favor of international bimetallism and thereby declare that the gold standard is wrong and that the principles of bimetallism are better—these very people four months ago were open and avowed advocates of the gold standard and telling us that we could not legislate two metals together even with all the world.

I want to suggest this truth, that if the gold standard is a good thing we ought to declare in favor of its retention and not in favor of abandoning it; and if the gold standard is a bad thing, why should we wait until some other nations are willing to help us to let it go?

Here is the line of battle. We care not upon which issue they force the fight. We are prepared to meet them on either issue or on both. If they tell us that the gold standard is the standard of civilization, we reply to them that this, the most enlightened of all nations of the earth, has never declared for a gold standard, and both the parties this year are declaring against it. If the gold standard is the standard of civilization, why, my friends, should we not have it? So if they come to meet us on that, we can present the history of our nation. More than that, we can tell them this, that they will search the pages of history in vain to find a single instance in which the common people of any land ever declared themselves in favor of a gold standard. They can find where the holders of fixed investments have.

Mr. Carlisle said in 1878 that this was a struggle between the idle holders of idle capital and the struggling masses who produce the wealth and pay the taxes of the country; and my friends, it is simply a question that we shall decide upon which side shall the Democratic Party fight. Upon the side of the idle holders of idle capital, or upon the side of the struggling masses? That is the question that the party must answer first; and then it must be answered by each individual hereafter. The sympathies of the Democratic Party, as described by the platform, are on the side of the struggling masses, who have ever been the foundation of the Democratic Party.

There are two ideas of government. There are those who believe that if you just legislate to make the well-to-do prosperous, that their prosperity will leak through on those below. The Democratic idea has been that if you legislate to make the masses prosperous their prosperity will find its way up and through every class that rests upon it.

You come to us and tell us that the great cities are in favor of the gold standard. I tell you that the great cities rest upon these broad and fertile prairies. Burn down your cities and leave our farms, and your cities will spring up again as if by magic. But destroy our farms and the grass will grow in the streets of every city in the country.

My friends, we shall declare that this nation is able to legislate for its own people on every question without waiting for the aid or consent of any other nation on earth, and upon that issue we expect to carry every single state in the Union.

I shall not slander the fair state of Massachusetts nor the state of New York by saying that when citizens are confronted with the proposition, “Is this nation able to attend to its own business?”—I will not slander either one by saying that the people of those states will declare our helpless impotency as a nation to attend to our own business. It is the issue of 1776 over again. Our ancestors, when but 3 million, had the courage to declare their political independence of every other nation upon earth. Shall we, their descendants, when we have grown to 70 million, declare that we are less independent than our forefathers? No, my friends, it will never be the judgment of this people. Therefore, we care not upon what lines the battle is fought. If they say bimetallism is good but we cannot have it till some nation helps us, we reply that, instead of having a gold standard because England has, we shall restore bimetallism, and then let England have bimetallism because the United States have.

If they dare to come out in the open field and defend the gold standard as a good thing, we shall fight them to the uttermost, having behind us the producing masses of the nation and the world. Having behind us the commercial interests and the laboring interests and all the toiling masses, we shall answer their demands for a gold standard by saying to them, you shall not press down upon the brow of labor this crown of thorns. You shall not crucify mankind upon a cross of gold.

SPOILER QUOTES!!!

smh, write your own instead of copying a speech, especially a well known one like “cross of gold”

Ego and Fear
Many people think that being wise is the greatest trait of all, but with wisdom comes fear and ego, and if that someone doesn’t treat those “symptoms”, being wise is useless. In Romeo and Juliet, author William Shakespeare writes about two young “star-crossed” lovers whose deaths are incredibly tragic, and wisdom is a key factor to Romeo and Juliet’s deaths. The majority of people in the play are at fault for Romeo and Juliet’s deaths, but one person stands out from them all: Friar Laurence. Even though he has a lot of credibility due to his wisdom, his ego, fear, and lack of involvement get in the way between life and death for Romeo and Juliet.
Besides the fact that Romeo and Juliet kill themselves, Friar Laurence is responsible for their deaths because of his selfish actions. With great wisdom and knowledge that he posses, and the credibility many give him, his ego gets in his way between life and death for Romeo and Juliet. Wanting to leave, Friar Laurence says,
I hear some noise. Lady, come from that nest of death, contagion, and unnatural sleep. A greater power than we can contradict hath thwarted our intents. Come, come away. Thy husband in my bosom there lies dead; and Paris too. Come, I’ll dispose of thee among a sisterhood of holy nuns. Stay not to question, for the watch is coming. Come, go, good Juliet. I dare no longer stay (5.3.156-165).
Friar desperately wants to leave the tomb, knowing what the consequences are. Friar doesn’t want to be caught for their deaths because it makes his ego and personality look bad. It completely dismantles who he is: wise. He has guilt and knows he’s responsible. That’s why he left so quickly. Friar should’ve forced Juliet to leave with him, at least preventing her death. Something that’s surprising is that Friar says “A greater power than we can contradict hath thwarted our intents.” When he says this, he is basically blaming Romeo’s death on something else, whether it may be god or fate, specifically the “greater power” part. He’s trying to convince Juliet that he’s not responsible for Romeo’s death, but he’s so guilty that he’s trying to win Juliet’s forgiveness. What’s so surprising is that even though Friar is so incredibly wise, his own illusion of himself betrays him. Wisdom doesn’t just come by itself. It comes in a bundle with bad traits that accrue. With wisdom comes fear, with fear comes lack of commitment, with lack of commitment comes uselessness.
Committing to an objective is more effective than doing it the safe way because progress is more noticeable and there will be less chance of error. Friar Laurence makes a safe plan for himself rather than for Romeo and Juliet. His fear and lack of involvement/commitment is what kills Romeo and Juliet. Providing a plan, Friar Laurence says,
Take thou this vial, being then in bed, and this distilled liquor drink thou off; when presently through all thy veins shall run a cold and drowsy humour; for no pulse shall keep his native progress, but surcease; no warmth, no breath, shall testify thou liv’st; the roses in thy lips and cheeks shall fade to paly ashes, thy lips and cheeks shall fade to paly ashes, thy eyes’ windows fall like death when he shuts up the day of life;Then, each part, depriv’d of supple government, shall, stiff and stark and cold, appear like death; and in his borrowed likeness of shrink death thou shalt continue two-and-forty hours, and then awake as from a pleasant sleep.(4.1.94-107)
Friar Laurence is suggesting a plan for Juliet to prevent the marriage between her and Paris. Friar tells her to drink a potion that will put her into a deep sleep. Juliet will be in a deep sleep making her look dead, but it’s all a plan for Romeo to come for her, but he isn’t actually in the plan itself. Friar Laurence is providing a plan to Juliet, which hardly involves himself, making himself look innocent if anything goes wrong. Protecting himself with his credibility and the complexity of his plan. He’s scared of the consequences and that’s what makes his plan so risky. Friar should’ve been more involved in the plan making it less risky and maybe preventing both deaths. Remember, Friar doesn’t like the idea at all of Romeo and Juliet being together, yet he says he’ll help them. Does he actually want to help Romeo and Juliet be together? Does he say it out of out ego?
Friar Laurence’s ego and fear is what lead Romeo and Juliet to their tragic deaths. Friar Laurence, a man that thinks he’s obligated to help people, a man people look up to as a role model, a man with power, yet his power leads two young innocent teenagers to their inevitable endings. Friar Laurence is the man responsible for Romeo and Juliet’s deaths.

Alright, I’ve read through the rules very closely and feel ready to write my essay. Here goes!

anything

Good luck guys!

Hey guys, after a tragic turn of events, I have been banned from video games.

Hopefully, I would like to give away the prize before the 24th. My ban would be effective the 24th. If not, I would either have very little time to give it away or maybe not at all.

Sorry Guys.

P.S. The confirmed prize is two deca

and

have won the contest! I know this whole thing started shakily and still is, but you two have won!

I know I told you to make an essay but these two proved these were for this contest and not for school.

Here is how you can get your prize. Either you two will both get a deca or I will decide who gets the full prize of two deca. You two can choose what you will do. Try to respond quickly or they will get the full prize or none.

Thank you for participating.

Lights can have my deca. I just wanted to write down something funny, and I won’t be able to get on until Friday anyways.

Cheers

LUL HERE IS UR FREE FORNITE AKA FORKNIFE
Fortnite is a co-op sandbox survival game developed by Epic Games and People Can Fly and published by Epic Games. The game was released as a paid-for early access title for Microsoft Windows, macOS, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One on July 25, 2017, with a full free-to-play release expected in 2018. The retail versions of the game were published by Gearbox Publishing, while online distribution of the PC versions is handled by Epic’s launcher.

Fortnite is set in contemporary Earth, where the sudden appearance of a worldwide storm causes 98% of the world’s population to disappear, and zombie-like creatures rise to attack the remainder. Considered by Epic as a cross between Minecraft and Left 4 Dead, Fortnite has up to four players cooperating on various missions on randomly-generated maps to collect resources, build fortifications around defensive objectives that are meant to help fight the storm and protect survivors, and construct weapons and traps to engage in combat with waves of these creatures that attempt to destroy the objectives. Players gain rewards through these missions to improve their hero characters, support teams, and arsenal of weapon and trap schematics to be able to take on more difficult missions. The game is supported through microtransactions to purchase in-game currency that can be used towards these upgrades.

A standalone mode, Fortnite Battle Royale, based on the battle royale game genre but based on the core Fortnite gameplay, was released for the same platforms in September 2017.

Currently, the paid-for product Fortnite provides two distinct modes: access to Fortnite Battle Royale, (which is also available as a separate free-to-play title) and the cooperative player-versus-environment “Save the World”, which is unique to the main Fortnite game.

The “Save the World” mode is described as a co-op sandbox survival game and is about exploration, scavenging items, crafting weapons, building fortified structures, and fighting waves of encroaching monsters.[4] Tim Sweeney, Epic’s founder, described the game as “Minecraft meets Left 4 Dead”.[5] The game cycles between managing one’s resources at a safe home base, and then going out on missions to complete quests as to collect resources and obtain rewards to advance the game’s story.

In the meta-game, the player has an inventory of weapon and trap schematics, hero characters, defender characters, and support characters, along with collected resources. Schematics are used to construct weapons and traps when on the field. Hero characters represent characters from one of four classes that the player can use while on a mission, as well as used to undertake resource-gathering missions making them unavailable to use until they return from the mission. Defender characters can be summoned to help with defense but only if there are less than four players on a mission. Support characters are used to form various non-playable squads that provide passive bonuses to the player’s attack strength, building speed, armor, and health, with additional benefits if the player can match certain characterization attributes within a squad. The player can spend different types of experience points and resources earned as mission rewards, from loot boxes (represented as llama pinatas), or other sources to level up and evolve schematics and characters. For weapons and traps, this generally boosts their effectiveness as well as unlocking additional attribute bonuses, while leveling up hero characters will unlock special skills the character has while in the field. Schematics and characters are generally assigned a rarity, which determines how much they can be leveled and evolved. A player’s inventory of schematics and characters is limited, but players can opt to slot anyone they do not need into a collection book to gain rewards when certain collection sets are completed; use one or more of these schematics or characters to transform them into a new random item, or simply retire them to gain back experience points and other resources to free up the inventory slots.[6][7]

The player also can spend skill points, earned by completing missions, and technology points, earned over time, to unlock new skills and technologies in the game’s skill and technologies trees. These can improve a player’s base attributes, attributes that are shared with the other players while on missions, unlock higher levels of evolution for schematics and characters, open up new squad positions, or unlock general skills that players can use in the field. Collectively, the player’s progress on these skill and technology trees, their squad composition, and their selected hero character make up the player’s current “power level” which relates to what difficulty of missions the player should take and the game’s matchmaking services. Also, players can review their current story progress and quests, which can include daily, side, and event quests, which when completed provide in-game currency or resources.

Mission is currently divided between four world locations, some available only after progressing far enough in the story, and special locations for timed events and for the Survive the Storm mode. Within a location are several possible mission areas that show the type of mission, the terrain it takes place on, its difficulty rating relative to the player’s current power level, and whether the mission is currently under special “storm” conditions that throw random effects, like buffed husks or mini-bosses, into the mission but have potentially better rewards if completed. The player optionally can select a special site that automatically matches them with players at a similar power level and story progression on a random mission for added rewards.

Most missions take place on procedurally-generated landscapes. Most missions are based on locating site(s) representing the objectives on the map, build up fortifications around those locations, and then face off against several waves of husks that will try to destroy the objectives. During completion of these missions, players are generally given a “storm forecast” to know where husks will spawn in as to enhance fortification in that direction, though this direction can change in more difficult missions. Other missions are time-limited, requiring the players to locate and help a number of survivors, build out several radar towers, or clear out various encampment of husks scattered around the map before time runs out. These missions encourage the players to explore the map and farm for resources (either by searching objects or destroying them with an axe) used to build the fortifications, weapons, ammunition, and traps needed to defend or attack the husks. Players also frequently need to seek out bluglo, a special resource that does not carry over between maps to activate certain mission objectives. Some missions are considered a loss if the objective is destroyed or time runs out, while other missions allow the players to rework their fortifications and start their defense again if the objective is destroyed. Maps will frequently have optional objectives that are discovered through exploration, such as human survivors that need help. Completing these successfully earn immediate in-game rewards such as resources, weapons, and traps. Missions themselves may provide bonus objectives, such as by completing the mission within a certain in-game period, using a limited number of fortification pieces, or saving more survivors than the minimum necessary, which affects the qualify of rewards the players receive after the successful completion of the main mission.

During missions, players can make their fortifications from one of three base materials (wood, brick, and metal), and in a number of configurations, including floors/ceilings, walls, stairs, and ramps; players have the ability to edit these for more configurations, such as adding a door or window to a wall. Each fortification part can be upgraded with more resources of the same type to improve their durability, and when they are damaged, can be repaired by spending additional resources. Traps, which have a limited number of activation before they fall apart, can be placed on floors, walls, and ceilings, and arranged in means to make them more lethal or effective against husks. Traps may also include beneficial resources for players, such as healing pads, defender posts, and launch pads. Similarly, players can use a range of weapons but these have limited durability that drops as they are used or as a penalty if the player should be downed by husks and need to respawn without the help of allies. Players can construct new weapons, ammo, and traps from gathered resources, or find these from searching containers across the map. During missions, the game progresses through an accelerated day-night cycle; during the day, the husks are more passive and do not generally pose immediate threats, while during the night, bands of husks may spawn in and will aggressively seek out players.

One unique mission type is Storm Shield Defense missions. In each of the four world locations, the player is allocated a map that remains persistent, representing the site where their base’s storm shield generator is placed, and in the storm mode, the player must return to this map to expand the storm shield, requiring them to add a new objective to defend successfully to continue the story. At any time, the player can enter this map without starting the defense mission, and use their carried-over resources to build out the fortification and traps, or add resources to a special storage area for this map.

Fortnite is also able to offer themed-events with a unique progression line, new locations, and rewards based on those themes. The first such event was its Halloween event, “Fortnitemares”, that offered Halloween-themed heroes, characters, weapons, and traps (usable outside of the event) by completing numerous objectives.

Someone needs to get a calendar

He said he was banned from video games, so he had to cut it short

ok then

Like permanently banned?

He made a farewell post. I don’t know the specifics of it, though.