I got a suggestion to make pets a little more balanced!

@Hallernumb that is the sad truth. It is somewhat sad to see when a game becomes bound to its player base because of a mistake.

Here is what I feel is happening to the game.

-rotmg pre pets
-rotmg duping incident
-player base decline
-desperate for money/implemented pets
-first few months of profit
-player base decline again due to pets and people getting bored
-currently bound to pets, scared to lose what remaining players it has.

Seriously $1000 for a game is actually not a lot, but seeing how small this community is I can understand why the Developers are scared to let go of it.

The problem with your argument is that people have paid, and paid good money for what they have. And if a company provides shitter service for the same price, customer satisfaction goes down, company reputation goes down, sales go down.

Imagine if say, Netflix reduced the amount of shows they offered by a half but kept prices up. Naturally, people would stop using it, because they paid for something, and now their paying for something that isn’t worth that much.

Though not only divine users would complain, unless the nerf was not linear, but even then, this is what MSellers said about ‘whales’ in his AMA (like Shatter’s ugly landfish)

For most F2P games, they’re[whales] vital. They can easily make up the majority of the revenue you’re making.

But see rotmg is a different story. You can’t compare to Netflix because they are just too different. Netflix for example has already attracted 90% of their intended target audience, they are at the stage where they should be planning to sustain that target audience.

However rotmg is different, its target audience % is probably way Low. This is a problem because they will than start relying on ‘whales’ to sustain them, which than further leads to them trying to satisfy said whales. So with such a Low target audience %, they are spending too much time trying to stay afloat and satisfying the ‘whales’ instead of thinking Long term to first attract a larger target audience.

It has become so bad that the Developers are probably afraid of making risky or ‘game changing’ changes. They have come to such a bad position that they are now acting like the slave of their own players. Developers should always have their playerbase as their priority, but they should never become so bound by their players (whales) that they lose their own will.

That is why I asked it the Developers goal was just to sustain rotmg or is it to expand on it. If they are just looking to sustain rotmg than I say go on right ahead down this path. This game won’t belly flop if there is no change, but it definitely won’t be the success it could’ve been either.

This thread has run its course. The course that every pet thread is bound to follow.

“Pets are unbalanced! They need change!”
“But what about people that have spent money on them?”

It’s sad, really. And I’m getting tired of it. Not tired of the threads, tired of this situation where things are not good and nothing can be done about it.

lol this is actually exactly how parents and grandparents act! like technology has grown, we arent going back!

Well the devs will have to make the tough call.

i read majority of the comments, but buffing pets will hurt those wow popped $1000 for a divine. Like shatter said, so why not just make hard dungeons? More people will want divine/legendary, so Deca will also be happy.

I’ve given up on pet changes lol, now i just want perma stun/paralyse changes, and incentives to not rush, and buffing events :smiley:

Yeah. #Motmg2017Releaseselderrealms.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.