I got a suggestion to make pets a little more balanced!

The idea is to let pets heal or mpheal you only if you have not taken damage in the last 5 seconds. That way it rewards dodging and skillful rushing instead of just smashing your way through everything while pets constantly heal you.

This way the game will still be fast paced, just 5 secs slower. Sorry if my idea is bad, got a headache.

What would be the point in having a Heal/Mheal pet if it canā€™t heal me while Iā€™m being attacked. Why would I want to move away from what ever Iā€™m fighting and wait 5 whole secounds just to get my health back up. Plus what about the people with rare pets and below, they barely help my health/Mp while Iā€™m fighting.

But itā€™s just 5 seconds, and if you dodge the shots you can still Attack and get healed at the same time.

Alright, so letā€™s say Avatar spawned in the glands and now Iā€™m running towards it. Iā€™m going to be hit by multiple bullets of the gods that had been pushed back, there is no space to pause for 5 secounds and heal (Same with the other events). Plus my main character is a knight why should I be dodging all the time when I get to have over 70 defense(Another reason why I would like my pets to keep itā€™s current heal/mheal time, 1 secound I think?). There are some dungeons to where I would not want to wait 5 secounds for my pets to heal me, like the puppet master troom room, andā€¦PUPPET ENCORE x .o, Etc

Anyways, I feel as if this would only affect the people with legendary/divine pets. (I donā€™t think they would like it)

Once upon a time the game had no pets and rushing actually required skillful dodging. What you have just said is the exact reason why pets should be more balanced. People shouldnā€™t be smashing into every bullet they come across.

It is possible to rush with no heals as people have done it before pets were implemented. What you just said also proves that pets are a problem that needs to be solved. Rushing and skipping 90% of the game, in my opinion, is not what was intended. Rushing should be reserved for those skilled enough to dodge bullets and take the risk, not just for any average joe to smack into bullets while the pet constantly heals him.

In fact since you are a knight you should have even more room for error for rushing with no heals, Iā€™m sure many people share the same thoughts as you that they deserve to rush just because they have a good pet. Well that mentality of mindless rushing is a problem for the game in my opinion.

Pet constant heals are a problem in the Long run because of balancing issues. If DECA wants to continue running the game for another 10 years and implement new content, it will be a challenge to balance it around rushing and pets.
Sure pet stasis is kind of a good counter to pets, but that is only for the boss phase. Will future dungeons have pet stasis on the way to the boss? How will the balance how much damage and many minions are suitable for both divine pet users and rare pet users? What is preventing all future dungeons to be rushed by the select few with good pets while leaving all the other players behind in the dust?

As of now in my opinion majority of the games content is pretty linear, rush and kill, if the game is going to be ongoing for another 10 years rushing has to be dealt with.

Ahem.

Iā€™m not saying the idea is mine, it probably isnā€™t. But donā€™t go around saying itā€™s yours, it definitely isnā€™t.

@Werbenja but I did not say it was my idea. I just said I had a suggestion, but did not say it was my suggestion, since I did not see it being posted I just posted it.

It was probably subconsciously inspired by yours as I had totally forgotten you mentioning it. But still I did not claim credit for it.

Donā€™t worry Iā€™m not a person who likes to actively claim credit on anything, especially not on a game. My philosophy is that knowledge is universal and based on opinions, so I usually donā€™t presume that Iā€™m the 1st one at anything.

Yeah, you did.

But itā€™s cool.

Yep this has alway been my hopes for fixing pets

Sad trurth is it will cause way to much outrage

Itā€™s the year 2016 Grandpa! Rushing without a pet is no longer in style, technology has grown over the years and has provided pets for the future generations! Just think of the future after this, soon pets will be gone and replaced by the Megaultra2056(Which is a machine that fuses the abailities of pets and charaters together creatingā€¦SURPREME PLAYERS!!

Edit: Sorry lol

@Werbenja oh yeah I Guess I did, wasnā€™t my intention, had a really bad migraine and on meds XD I donā€™t want any credit lol you can have it.

My main goal is just to share ideas, I dunno how the rotmg community works, maybe people are very particular on where credit is due?

Like you said the idea probably isnā€™t new and isnā€™t yours Nor mine, what I was trying to say rephrased was probably ā€˜sorry if my POST is bad, got a headache.ā€™ Or ā€˜sorry if THE IDEA I POSTED is bad, got a headache.ā€™ Guess it was misunderstood.

No biggie.

The idea is sound, itā€™s just that people are tired of discussing solutions to pets knowing that any company currently running the game most likely wonā€™t implement them.

But donā€™t let that discourage you, weā€™re always looking towards well developed ideas.

The time you save by rushing is used by playing more ROTMG, not less. You donā€™t log off early because of saved rushing time.

So the ā€œaverage joeā€ has a legendary/divine pet now?
remember, this game has to be geared towards many different levels of players.

Puppet Masterā€™s Theater mystic puppet

5 seconds is how long this lasts. thatā€™s a long time.
if taking ANY damage resets the counter, iā€™m pretty sure this might as well remove pets from the game. in the time it takes you to find a safe place or to stop taking damage, your vit/wis will probably have done most of the work anyway.

also,

the reason for this is that almost every single idea involving pet nerfs has actually already been said, and/or isnā€™t very creative or helpful. this is not the first time iā€™ve heard this pet nerf idea, and i still think there are better ways to go about it.

try using the little magnifying glass icon next to your profile pic to look for other pet nerf ideas before posting.

5 seconds of Not getting hit is not a very Long time IMO, if itā€™s too long maybe 3 secs? Well itā€™s not really a discussion to nerf pets, just to change the mechanics. Maybe if this is implemented another change could be to buff the heal amount? That way people heal more if they arenā€™t getting hit but if they are getting hit they wonā€™t get healed.

But I dunno, if you guys feel that pets are currently balanced and thereā€™s no hope of changing and no point in discussing, itā€™s fine too. Itā€™s just my own opinion that pets are currently too strong for the content present, and also would be very hard to balance towards other content in the future.

Iā€™m not a hardcore rotmg player I just play on and off so I probably donā€™t know what the game wants. Also this forum is pretty slow moving for a game forum Iā€™ve seen, thatā€™s why I didnā€™t think it was necessary to prevent recurring posts.

they dont think they are balanced. They donā€™t want the thing they paid for nerfed

@Shatter I think in these kind of situations the Developers will have to make the final decision. Do they want to move the game on to the future? Or do they want to live in the past clinging on to their mistakes.

If they truly want to move the game onwards, they will have to make tough decisions that they personally think is best. Or they can just scrounge at the bits and pieces of the gameā€™s past mistakes and try to salvage it. But for how long can they continue salvaging before reality hits them that it is still junk.

It is not a thing for me to say because the game is not my bread and butter.

Sure DECA can keep the game afloat by adding new skins, new items and new dungeons etc, but at the end of the day if the core Mechanic is flawed there will still be many problems.

My question is, is DECA going to just continue heeding the beck and call of a tiny player base, or does it really want to expand into something bigger. Just gotta remember that there are a ton of fish out there to catch, not just the ones in your backyard pond.

In my personal opinion, the way pets were implemented was the biggest mistake that was brought onto rotmg. The mechanics felt like they were not thoroughly thought out. IMO pets felt like a Developerā€™s last ditch effort to make a little bit more money before moving on to another game.

see you can say that but then you gotta remember people spent 1000$ + to get divines

@Shatter but it is still the developerā€™s game with their terms and conditions, if they wanted to change it they can still do it. Yes people will scream bloody murder when the change happens but they will get over it. Some people will leave some people will stay, but that is the Developerā€™s job to see if it is worth it.

Is DECA just a maintainence team to maintain rotmg the way it is currently, or is it a development team that wants to take rotmg to new heights. I donā€™t really know for sure, but if anything other games have taught me itā€™s that a system like this is not a sustainable endeavour.

A thousand dollar per player in such a small community is not really impressive to me, there are games out there that have made single players spend tens of thousands while still maintaining the balance and joyous aspect of the game. You just have to be Creative about it, and not just give a Sprite some levels in which level 100 gives you a ridiculously huge passive heal in a bullet hell shooter.

Like I said, the pet system feels like a last ditch attempt to make money and was not thought out Long term. Unless they just want to keep relying on pet skins and the RNG box.

The truth is that you could justndodge the bullets, the game has just become a place where people can heal faster by spending money. I agree that pets shouldnbe balanced, but not in that drastic of an affect, since people have spent over $1,000 on pets