I have reason to believe that the Tier 9 "Jewel Eye Katana" no longer drops in-game

Hello,

I began a Samurai TPE on August 24th, 2023. For the uninitiated, a TPE (or “Tier Progression Experience”) is like a PPE, but you are required to obtain tiered gear in order from T1 (or T0 where applicable) up to the highest tier. For my personal rule set, I am allowed to use UT/ST items, but tiered gear must still be obtained in order. I also allowed myself to hold higher-tiered gear in my inventory, without using it, until I obtained the intermediary tiers (ie. I could hold t13 armor, but would need to work my way through the tiers up to t12 in order to then use t13).

I quickly obtained tiered Katanas up to Tier 8, as well as gathering a Tier 10, 11, and 12 to hold in my backpack. I was also able to obtain tiered Tachis, which I kept track of separately, up to Tier 11.

The problem arose when I began looking for a Tier 9 Jewel Eye Katana. I have been able to find other T9 weapons (swords, wands, staves, daggers, bows, and their subtypes), as well as T9 Tachis, but have not found a single T9 Katana.

Today is August 28th, 2023. It has been four days. I have done the following dungeons, searching for a Tier 9 Jewel Eye Katana, to no avail:

• 36 Abysses of Demons
  • 14 Ancient Ruins
  • 9 Caves of a Thousand Treasures
  • 42 Cursed Libraries
  • 23 Davy Jones’ Lockers
  • 4 Deadwater Docks
  • 5 Haunted Cemeteries
  • 44 Mad Labs
  • 13 Manor of Immortals
  • 38 Oryx Castles
  • 35 Oryx Chambers (O1)
  • 9 Puppet Master’s Theatres
  • 105 Snake Pits
  • 29 Crawling Depths
  • 59 Toxic Sewers
  • 45 Woodland Labyrinths

That is a total of FIVE HUNDRED AND TEN (510) dungeon completes, each with possibility of T9 weapon drops, that have not yielded me a Tier 9 Jewel Eye Katana. I have obtained every other Tier 9 Weapon and Alternate Weapon, including Tier 9 Tachi.

My Samurai has amassed 16,500 base fame. It has obtained three event whites, an O3 miniboss white, multiple other UT/ST drops, but not a single Tier 9 Jewel Eye Katana.

There is not a chance that I am this unlucky. The Tier 9 Jewel Eye Katana must no longer be able to drop.

the chances for you not getting a specific tiered item are low, but never 0

In all seriousness, how closely did you pay attention to each bag that dropped around you? Either you are incredibly unfortunate (which I’ve experienced too, damn T3 scepter evaded my sorc tpe like I was trying to reach it about my car’s extended warranty), or you simply just never looked close enough to the bags that dropped around you.

Looking at the current drop table, ignoring event bosses you’ve had at least 36 chances to get a T9 katana. Only the t room boss of Ancient Ruins can drop the katana, and you haven’t clarified whether you’ve completed all 5 of your listed Haunted Cemeteries to the very end in order to have fought Skuld, as opposed to just leaving after one boss.

At least 36 chances to drop a midgame tiered item, and that doesn’t even take into account any literal oversights on your part. I know DECA dun goofed up a lot of times, and this bug isn’t impossible, but it’s also so unlikely that I’d probably have worse luck farming for shiny items on my seasonal PPEs than farming for a common tiered item.

I have a habit of pressing CTRL to see the contents of the bags on my screen. I’ve been grinding for this katana for 4 days, so I look in every soulbound bag I see, even ones that I would not think could contain a T9 Katana.

Although the Tier 9 Katana page on the Wiki only states the drop locations listed in your screenshot, other pages list “Tier 9 Weapon” as a drop, such as Dr Terrible, Son of Arachna, Murderous Megamoth, and even non-boss enemies like the Crusher Abomination and Mecha Squirrel. Every dungeon I listed in my post has “Tier 9 Weapon” (not just “Tier 9 Subtype Weapon”) listed either in the drops of the boss or of some enemies within.

My list of dungeon completes is taken directly from my Dungeon Completes list in-game. I have not included any dungeons which I left without getting soulbound damage on the main boss.

With what I’ve said above, I’ve accounted for at least 510 chances. I haven’t cared to include every single minion within those dungeons with chances to drop the T9 Jewel Eye Katana, nor have I included the many Encounter Bosses, such as Skull Shrines and Pentaracts (which are listed in the T9 Katana wiki page) that I have farmed to get this item.

I don’t mean to argue, but of the points you brought up, I am sure I have accounted for all of them. While my claim that the item does not drop may be exaggerated, as time goes on and until somebody shows me a T9 Katana drop from within the past 4 days (or until I get one myself), I don’t think it is so far-fetched.

I’m sure I did see it drop today, at least once (from boss or t in an Ancient Ruins dungeon).

Yay YOU ARNT CRAZY!!!

Unfortunately I will never have a chance to find one now.

Slowed by a slime god, stuck on a rock, bombed by a group of medusas.

At least I’ll never have to play Samurai again

(For the record: I did 34 Treasure Caves, did not find the T9 Jewel Eye Katana)

One must imagine Volvidork happy.
volvyphus

This thread will go down in history

Already went - thanks to the Shiny Tier 9 Katana

Cronus rolling in his 8/8 grave rn

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.