I messed up (locked out of account)

I think I’m permanently locked out of my account.

Basically, I changed my password, forgot what I changed it to (I have a few passwords written down but none of them work) and my email is one I don’t have access to.

I don’t think I’ve been hacked. All my friends have said my Realm account hasn’t been logged into for two weeks now. (lost my account on New Year’s Eve 2018)

So I emailed DECA asking for a email change, and they told me they needed my security questions and proof of three purchases.

I know my security questions, but can only find proof of one purchase.

Might anyone have any ideas for anything else I can try?
If this is it, then it’s it. It was a fun few years and Realm was a nice way to relax, but I have no motivation to keep playing if I can’t get back into my account.

The Farewell Thread

rip

Shouldn’t you just be able to change your password using your security questions?

What did you buy gold with? Bank and PayPal records should stay for a few years.

In the meantime, keep trying passwords.

Even if I don’t have access to my email?
Can you email DECA and just ask for a manual password change?

A gift card, and the thing is, I didn’t spend the money on this account, a friend had it before me for the summer of 2016 a long time ago.

I’m not really sure how it works, but I don’t see why you’d need an email just to change your password. I assume there’s some sort of ‘forgot password’ type deal somewhere, so I’d at least try that.

The “forgot” password option would just send you an email with a NEW random password, which would put him in a worse position because he has no access to it anymore.

Eh, technically it’s account sharing and, well, bannable. So don’t mention this I guess…

Your friend should still have the record. It’s only about 2 years ago.

Ok. Just ask them to switch it to another email then ask them to reset the password to one you know.
Sort of happened to me when I wanted to buy gold. I made a random email for when I started realm and never remembered my password so I asked them to change it. Not sure if this helps in anyway, but hope you can find away to recover your account! :smile:

Yeah, asked them to change email but they need three purchases. I think I’m screwed.

I’m not sure it’s wise to advertise too specific details of your gold purchases BTW, you might wanna edit the specifics out of your post here, someone could try and imitate you using the info about dates and what type of transactions it was.

Are you certain when they say purchases they mean loading of gold? Or could they be looking for details of three things you spent gold on? Eg. “last month I upgraded my pet yard to Divine”, “last month I bought an Acclaim in the nexus shop”, “in October I did 5 spins of the mystery box”. Only guessing, but might be worth trying that, if you remember enough info to convince them you are the owner, in combination with whatever banking things you have.

I think the buying of gold. I’m hoping they’ll let me provide some other information like previous passwords or something that Could veridy my ownrrship.

If your last purchase was made using your current browser then look up the history for your purchase link which is https://www.realmofthemadgod.com/credits/pwpurchase and use that link to purchase 500 gold 3 times.

Current & prev passwords I doubt are accessible to Deca, for security reasons; I think usually passwords would be simply overwritten/discarded. Maybe the date of change is saved, but again, only guessing. It can’t harm to try.

Bear in mind it’ll be a Deca human who is needing convincing that you’re talking truthfully to grant the thing. Likely the admin overview of the account’s history includes gold in and out, fame spending, mystery boxes, pet yard maybe, dates of vault unlocks maybe?, these type of thing could be visible to them & only the account owner should know it, though with streaming etc maybe it’s not acceptable for them alone, but it could be enough in partnership with security answers. Char & death info I doubt is any good since the game broadcasts that publicly. Maybe if it comes to it vault contents specifics, but probably don’t bombard them with all that until you’ve got a dialogue going on.

Dang. For me I hadn’t had made any purchases yet, so they just went on.

if you have the security questions, you’re good. Otherwise, you’re sadly kinda screwed. I bsed my security codes and therefore lost one of my other accoutns that I actually spent time on

XD why does everyone bs their security questions?

Evidently not. They need purchase history from 2 years ago that I can’t dig up.

In other words

I’m FUCKED

Your link doesn’t work for me?