I should be working on the workshop [Critical hits idea]

but I wanna work on another idea dammit lemme procrastinate…

anyway, most rpgs and loot earning games have this mechanic and I have not seen it in this game which intrigues me so I technically have 2 ideas but they overall equate to one.

A LUCK STAT
no. not drops. do not yell at me saying “OMG WHY U WANT WHITE BAGS TO BE EASIER” shut up. no this isn’t what this is about. The luck stat will always be a flat 5 no matter the class. but it’s max changes depending on the class. what maxing luck entails means a higher chance for the next part of this post CRITS

Dagger classes max at: 15
Katana classes max at: 20
Staff classes max at: 10
Wand classes max at: 15
sword classes max at: 10

Criticals
so, how crits will work will based on your luck stat your luck stat will be put thru a formula that looks like this:

Crit chance (in percent)= to 10+luck stat/25

this percentage determines how often you crit with your weapon. When you crit with your weapon, you take already exsisting multipliers and put it thru an additional x1.25

that’s just my idea but ye… hope you enjoy! vote if you want to see this in game or not.

• This should be added
  • this shouldn’t be added
  • indifferent

0 voters

Please change the title so it better reflects what this thread is about.

I think I’ll always be against luck factors that directly influence how the battle system of a game works. Critical hits are the laziest way possible to implement such luck-based battle systems and, in my opinion, should be erradicated from most of the games that employ them.

No, seriously, wanna see me leave this game for good? Implement a critical hit system on it. But I’m probably one of the more radical people when it comes to these kind of stuff, so I’d be the only one leaving. :P``

Also, I like how you didn’t add bow crits. (Dbow :frowning: )

Why do you hate crit systems, I think they are great

Jumping to conclusions you think you play an overbalanced pvp game like Clash Royale, or eve chess, where crits make everything ever so unfair. Fuck man those 12 year olds on Reddit are complaining about where the fucking graveyard spawns skeletons as being “too much RNG.”

But why? :thinking:

You know when people say they deserve to have some UT because they had to go through the “trouble” of killing bosses a lot of times, even though there is luck involved and what ultimately determines if someone gets an item or not is RNG? I can partially get behind that. At least, in this case, it requires some skill.

But crits? They surpass all skill. The idea of someone only being able to kill something in this game because they got lucky is ludicrous and should be avoided, in my opinion.

I’m not saying the game is overbalanced and completely fair as of now and crits would unbalance everything. In some cases, luck can be the greatest balance factor of all, as it sees everyone as equal. But what kind of game would we have here, then? Definitely not a skill-based bullet hell.

There’s already random damage on most weapons.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.