Ice King's Dye mask reversed?

Recently I got an Ice King Priest skin from that Ice Cave event.
Even more recently, I got a small Blue Dragon Hide Skin Thing Cloth. However, upon consumption, I noticed that it coloured the Priest’s robes. The Alice Blue (basically the same colour as the normal, I know) Clothing Dye I used was put on the crownthingy, however, making it look like this:
This begs the question - isn’t it supposed to be in reverse? Was an error made when the skin was released which was never fixed, did Kingged accidentally switch the Dye masks around?

deca is saying one thing

hats > robes
duh

A lot of skins have this, where small cloths/dyes end up coloring more of the skin than large ones.

The crown makes the king, therefore it’s more indicative of being kingly than his robes. Makes perfect sense if you don’t think about it.

Moved to #game-discussion:bugs - not sure if it is a bug but we can still talk about it.

@Kingged might have the answer.

It could be because the “robe” is a cape (an accessory) and the “crown” is his armor. (The bit around the blue dot near the bottom is also part of the dye mask)

I do agree it feels counter-intuitive though.

I got the Ice King skin around the time it first came out and I used it on my priest and was shocked by the weird counter-intuitive dye swapping.

Survivor’s reasoning seems most logical to me.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.