If duping were to be completely eliminated, would you want UT trading?

Lets be honest though, who’s gonna save up to trade for an esben staff. Or a bunch of other UTs for that matter.

At this point I feel like soulbound UTs are a sanctity of rotmg. If you make them tradeable, the game loses one of its biggest draws.

I mean deca could just screw us and make this one little ut tradeable, and if they didn’t they wouldnt be lying

You can do hundreds of runs towards an untiered item or ST item and not have a guaranteed drop despite a large time (and sometimes cash) commitment towards that item. Similarly, you might have something that someone else hasn’t been able to get for the longest time. It would make good sense to allow UT trading for cases like these. If the new client and optimizations to the way the servers work can prevent duping via trade exploits, then I say yes

Imagine char slot unlocker and vault unlocker tradeable… would be great for people who dont pay to play… Imagine pets tradeable…
Maybe they can create 1 day in a period wich one day that is allowed to do this kind of stuff

there will always be duping

Having a complete lack of a pity timer, increasing grind time and luck based gameplay, is not a “draw” but a flaw.

I’d still argue it is a draw since rotmg is a rather one dimensional game. Obviously my argument will be biased towards the way I played the game, but imo you can’t really argue that there’s any other more overarching or unique lure to rotmg. I mean lets be fair, this is a highly highly repetitive game we’re talking about. In fact you might say one of the core aspects of rotmg, especially for free to play players, is this repetition.

Draw and flaw are not mutually exclusive. Especially since, as frustrating as it might seem, these keep people playing. The fact of the matter is that players will always be drawn towards untradable items that they want whether for use or vanity.

Other things I could point out that go against tradeable UTs are the existence of pets and how “numbed” UTs are becoming. At the end of the day rotmg isn’t a sandbox game. There’s arent an infinite number of ways to play the game.

Repetition and grinding are not unique to rotmg, and the lack of options for people with bad luck can’t be a good thing no matter what, since it would still be optional if it existed.

What does that mean? That UTs are becoming less valuable? Because that goes against the idea of their untradeability having “sanctity”, especially since they were only made untradeable to combat duping.

probaly we cant have this, we have so much UTs now and we cant make this “hard” get items tradable… maybe t9-t13 no longer purple bag its ok…

That kind of misses my point. My point of it being repetitive is that there needs to be something that drives that repetition, otherwise it grows stale. And that connects back to what I said about the game being one dimensional. You don’t have any story quests to follow, theres hardly any creativity or room to explore. Theres rarely any challenge in dungeons since most of them can essentially be steamrolled with a high number of players. Luck is something that spices up everything, even bad luck.

You could say that about any aspect of rotmg that makes people frustrated.

Let me ask you this. Why is a UT valuable? I’d say for some of the abilities it’s because of how powerful they are, like ogmur or jugg. For certain weapons, I’d say it’s because of how dependable they are, like dbow.

What about the rest? I must admit, that I haven’t been on in a long while and I don’t know half of the new UTs. But the question is, do I need to? I hopped on an alt account recently and did a PPE and I managed to consistent loot with an archon. That’s just how the state of things are with rotmg. Soulbound thresholds are at a level where people with tiered weapons can be on par with rare UTs. Why do I need a cutlass when an acclaim does the job just as good? I mean, besides a certain few UTs like dbow, there’s no difference playing with tiered gear and UTs.

I guess from my perspective a UT is valuable because of how much you want it and the effort you put in to get it. That’s why i feel like its a sanctity of rotmg. Making them tradeable takes away from both. I mean we have real world trading and theres probably more than enough people to shell out a few bucks to get a UT. What’s after that then?

Yes that’s true. But you can’t argue the state of rotmg is the same as back then. The entire playstyle of the community has changed since then. For one: we have pets now. If pets weren’t a thing then it would make more sense for UTs to be tradeable. Another thing we have are big mobs of players that can steamroll even the hardest bosses in a matter of minutes.

Well mate, thats good news. I didnt point that out to argue, just to take note of possible consequences. In my head, I see people asking around to know if the item they just got is worth using. It wouldnt take a whole lot of negative reviews to dissuade people to use the said item, and there are only few (in my humble experience) who go against everyone’s opinions and go out of there way to try the item out.

My personal motivation, for loving unloved UTs, is the following: the more people disregard, have disdain for or plain hate a UT, the more I try to give it love and attention. In my mind, every UT that is in the game has a purpose, I just gotta find which.

I never laid my hands on an esben staff, I’ll always need a steady supply of Dblades, EPs and bulwarks. You’ve got yourself a customer.

I hate that statement, because its true for too much people. But dont worry I dont hate you, you’re just stating a fact.

You mentionned the repetitive gameplay loop. One of things that make UTs valuable is because it changes the way you play, even slightly.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.