Is Assassin good / Best places to use assassin

I recently got a murky, and i have 3 harlequins. I know assassin is regarded as a pretty bad class, but i was wondering if it is worth making one, and what its good for.

What's Your Opinion on Assassin?

Assassin is great for pub tombs and wine cellars, definitely a top tier class (if not the best) for running wine cellars. He’s fast as fuck so you can get to oryx quickly, and he’s really safe since you can just lob poisons and stay back from the fight. Easy soulbound every time.

I have no experience with the murky toxin, so I can’t really help you with that, but t5/t6 poisons do the job perfectly, with plague becoming useful for tombs when you want to hit all 3 bosses. Harle you should equip for sure, as well as a Gemstone and any dagger, since you won’t be using it very much it’s not as important.

If you have multiple character slots an assassin is still a good choice to pick up. I have an 8/8 assassin and I only bring it to Oryx/WC and then public tombs. The assassin has easily made back the investment I put into him and if you don’t already have a winecellar class (wizzy, sorc, etc) then I would recommend him, especially if you have those whites.

The truth is it’s a good class. They’re great at many dungeons (especially boss fights), and can attack with their poison even when it’s too dangerous to get up close within dagger range ( think Mountain temples, Wine Cellars, or dirty tombs). Furthermore, being a dagger class they’re capable of dealing pretty good amounts of damage with only their primary weapon and are very fast as well. Since you have the Harley armor, I would recommend maxing an assassin. While you need to be patient when playing as one due to the low defense and no evasive abilities like the prism or cloak, an assassin can be extremely rewarding when played correctly.

A note on using the murky toxin however. I would only recommend using it if you use your dagger more often because of the attack boost, or if you’re really good at throwing poisons. Otherwise, you should just use milk or orange juice because of their consistent damage and large radius.

I’ve always liked assassin because its ability allows you to do damage and solely focus on dodging, rather than trying to do both at the same time.

I will say, that if I know I’m going to be doing a WC, assassin is an instant pick for me. Landing two T5 poison tosses is exactly enough damage to qualify for O2’s most important SB thresholds.

EDIT: Back when Horrid Reapers were on everyone’s worse nightmare, assassin was my preferred class to take down Sphinxes as well. It’s a shame the wiki doesn’t have historical information on them, because I’m totally relying on memory here, but back then, Horrid Reapers weren’t invulnerable, and the Sphinx would respawn them at a certain point while cycling through her phases, often catching people off guard.

what public wine cellars are you doing? In the ones I’m in a knight stuns and then it dies in 30 seconds (including the immune phase) hardly enough time to get some acid bombs in.

And top tier in the sense that it is better off avoiding enemies and only being useful for bosses, in a selfish sense, I’m sure a small shatters group would appreciate your “contribution” to the team.

On an assassin you’ll get there before the knights 100% of the time, and you really only need 1 or 2 toxins to be lobbed to get soulbound. That’s it.

Well I never said it’s a top tier class, because it isn’t. The class is extremely situational. I specifically said "Top tier for wine cellars".

It’s the last class I’m getting to 2k base on my new account because it’s so situational that it is boring as hell to play when I have every other class to choose from.

It’s good for wine cellars, alright I’ll give it that but until the poison is reworked it is pretty bad overall.

@Ickabod rant incoming

Good for wine cellars and events.

Anything else… meh. You want a lot of Speed and MP. So Harlequin is perfect, as is a Gemstone.

Why do you rate ninja 4/5 yet rate wizard and trickster 3/5?

Holy beans that’s a total meme. :sunglasses:

In case that post wasn’t a joke, that’s how many stars I’ve earned on each character. Also you need your star reverted back to light blue.

Murky is good in situations where you can just lob poisons at a boss that doesn’t move, or at least doesn’t move very much. Public, or (if you are a very skulled assassin player who can predict things very well) even private tombs are if it is just the one boss you are going for is around, murky is fine with. Just make sure, since the tomb bosses move in a predictable circle (paralyze or slow will screw up the flow…ha i just rhymed on accident), that you know where the poison will land.

Fix this pl0x

Assassin fades the larger the realm is. If you are ever in a solo/small group doing events, for things like godlands cube gods the assassin is the safest class to do these on. Or small public tombs where despite only being 8-10 people in, you know that it will still go ffa in 2 seconds flat.

He’s probably the class I’d recommend to players who are taking their “next steps” into maxing, wanting to do events, maybe only just learned how to off-centre, pet still below level 30, since it really is one of the easiest/safest ways to play Realm (unless in a melee steamroll mob). No special UTs needed, no super pet, just space bar and run away.

I’d probably save Murky for your second maxed assassin, not your first, or at least til you have got standard assassin skills learned, only because it requires more accurate aiming. If you’re an aiming god then dw.

These forums require someone to log out and back in, to update their star colour.

Never, I will always be a dark blue star in spirit! :sunglasses:

To me, Assassin is quite worthless. Yes, I do understand how to play him. The places where he shines does not matter much when I can get the same result with nearly any other class. (Of which are more versatile.) Talking specifically about the WC and Tomb.

I can secure loot on even a melee in WC, I do it nine times out of ten. The threshold is low. No, it may not be safer, but it sure is better investing in a versatile class for obvious reasons.

What about Tombs? Well, I bring my Mystic because she can stasis the bosses for safety. Oh, and she can do both pub and private tombs effectively. (Not to mention she can help insta pop sarcs.)
Despite this I believe if you were to use an Assassin the public tomb would be the best place.

My playstyle is unique to only me so you may find the Assassin much more useful than me but as of now I believe Assassin still needs a rework. The only reason to play the Assassin right now is to get him five stars. If ya want that, go for it, otherwise use your UT’s elsewhere.

I mostly use Assassin because I have an Infected skin from…what is it, 2-3 years ago now? Someone dropped it in the Nexus, so I _quicc_ly picked it up and I still have it unlocked. But then I got a Mystery Skin, which contained an Agent skin…and…dyes just look so much better on it…

Anyway, I think it depends on how much you enjoy the class! Using a Harle is great for a newly rolled Assassin, since you’ll definitely be able to throw two Baneserpents/Nightwings with it. Combine with a health/defense ring to keep up your survivability if you wish, or go full @Desotroya and wear an UBMP, then die in an Abyss because you had too little health and defense. (;

But for events, Assassin is pretty good, as his range is pretty much St. Abraham’s pre-range nerf, and then some. Sure, with the invulnerability phases combined with semi-steamrolls, it can be tough to land a poison precisely (which is why we need that poison throw time decrease!), but for events that don’t go invulnerable aaaaaaaall the time - such as the LotLL, Pentaract, and…other stuff…it’s great!

also you have pretty decent DPS. Foul is safest, but a Spirit might work as well. Cronus/Etherite if you’re absolutely sure you can go in deep. RIP my free Etherite I got from a Cemetery because I played unsafe :’)

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.