Is merching better than playing the game?

But now astral is like 1 defense. Who is genuinely excited that they got an astral if they plan to sell it? No one. Most players I know don’t bother picking up anything unless it’s top tier.

I mean this may be true, but I don’t see what it has to do with WC now.

It isn’t, maybe you missed the context, but it was a quote+reply to your referencing 2011, when you said:

My reply was attempt to say, in a polite way, you were talking nonsense here with this 2011 flashback. The value at that time of the old tops was still so high that looting something like an Astral was still a payday since it sold for multi-defs, (and even the time to farm pots was a lot longer than in today’s Rotmg, so an old top was always a “good result” vs a pbag, unlike today where all cyan=trashloot for many).

So, and bear with me because this bit is making my head hurt,
I think you were using a misremembering of 2011 to support your rationale for what you anticipate you would do for a merching strategy in a not-actually-possible-or-even-if-it-is-would-only-last-a-month future scenario where you’ve “flooded the market” and forced the price of Acclaim to drop below 1spd.

<backs towards the door slowly> :sweat_smile:

I have seen people merching to 8/8 and epic items, as ggen, pixie, fplate, and deca. The most greatest (maybe not) set of game. But guess what, when you play merch* on rotmg, it is useless, sure you can nexus to swap out some defs for a mana, yeah casual. Annoying thing is? Those idiot merchers always die of non experience in the realm. I would say merching is for people who are lazy to just PPE into godlands and do em. I would say learning new ROTMG experience and new soulbound items would help. Ever heard of Nexus hack of 2012??? 2013? forgot. Well, people die a lot, of merching. Merching leads to hacks and scams, which Deca thinks is bad. Really, I’m just saying merching should try to PPE and game in realm. Trade is okay.

I was following along and a agreeing with you for like the first two sentences, yes people merch to max characters and then die due to lack of experience. In the end it’s their fault but if that’s how they want to play the game, let them. I don’t know what the heck you are saying after that lol.

Lol, I talk weird. Don’t ASK.

I have a friend who has merched from 1 def to a bunch of decas but can’t even beat a udl lmao XD

I mean Def to DECA isn’t that hard because as soon as you hit a Life it goes easy. I could’ve done that at light blue…

Now the UDL part is just…

you guys forget how important merching is like when im a necromancer and need a skull i often have 2 buy it(its the same for a few classes) and if you use realm eye mainly 2 sell it doesnt take much time but you shouldnt rely on it and it is fun to make pots in like ive taken 1 def turned it into 3 mana buying and selling so imma say there both important and both vital parts of the game

These guys do have great gear and and great maxing potential, but let’s face it. These are the same types of people that die to enemies like Medusa,Cube Gods etc. Despite being in a crowd.

I’ve made a 6/8 of every single class without trading so merching means nothing to me other then condensing worthless items to me.

I’ve died to medusa in fame trains before

Everybody has -Stacked medusas…
NIGHTMARE

you cant buy white bags

case closed :sunglasses:

in the old days you could

yes but not anymore

RIP the old days

this got wayyyy of topic and i don’t remember what i said exacty but i dont care how you play the game and merching can be fun i like dodging and shooting and i like selling and buying 2 make pots its a good feeling doubling your pots off of other players and realm eye here is awesome for it and makes it easy takes me 5sec 2 update offers you guys act like it takes hours

wooo we hit 500 votes

:slight_smile:

bumb