Is this "ban worthy?" [priest ditching group in lava walk]

if u r a priest and u tell group to lava walk and then ditch them midway through and some people die is that considered as murder and is this bannable?

Probably not ā€˜bannableā€™, but seeing as the question is so specific Iā€™m assuming you or someone else did it recently. Itā€™s definitely not nice if you werenā€™t at any risk.

Itā€™s pretty mean, but the death of the other players are own themselves in that scenario, they are the ones who chose to lava walk and take the risk of dying

it could fall under griefing

Weā€™d have to ask a lawyer familiar with Oryxā€™ jurisdiction.

The ā€œElitistā€ bunch used to have videos like that, where they walk the group till you can see black tiles, and quickly rush leaving others behind who donā€™t have divines. But yeah, itā€™s like a tamer version of dragging so unless itā€™s widespread enough (like Liinkii) nobodyā€™s getting banned.

I wouldnā€™t call it ban worthy. Iā€™d call it stupid on the account of the players for lava walking when itā€™s not much better and a lot more risky than clearing.

yes

and also whenever i die i rewatch the footage and report:

• any priests who could have saved me
  • anyone who antirogued me
  • anyone who throws barrels at me in parasite
  • anyone who typed in chat and distracted me from dodging

this is a coop game and i should not be responsible for my own deaths

When the healers donā€™t fuck up and you donā€™t start lagging, lava walking is faster and safer than clearing (unless you get nothing but yellow pillars for the entire final stretch of the dungeon, which isnā€™t very likely).

If everyone lava walks but you and you end up having to clear by yourself, you might very well reach the end after the chest has already been destroyed.

Technically, anything is bannable.

Here it wouldnā€™t lead to a ban the first time, as proving an intent to grief would be difficult (you could have dcā€™d, something could have come up IRL, etcā€¦). Do it often enough or start gloating publicly about it however and you could get punished for it.

Also yes, killing video game characters does indeed count as murder. Just like how tea bagging someone in a FPS match counts as rape.

Lmao thatā€™s actually kinda funny but still a dick move

not any priests is capable of reacting to your death fast enough though. ( i spam my tome )

the last sentence gives it away as a joke
if heā€™s not joking then, @Zquidx maybe constantly recording is a cause of your death?

Itā€™s the job of a priest to save his flock, therefore theyā€™re legally obligated to ensure his spot in heaven. Read the tos, itā€™s right in there.

We priests do not have infinite MP; get used to it.

Unless you have a divine pet and spam MP pots

Even so; thatā€™s a heal every 2 seconds if not using MP pots.

2 priest and maybe extra pally would do a job

No, thereā€™s no way DECA e.g. will ban you for it. Iā€™m not even sure Lava Walk was considered when Shatters was designed. Itā€™s almost an exploit and anyone doing it does so at their own risk. Certainly no-one has to die doing it, as you have plenty of time to nexus if things start getting sketchy.

Could you find yourself persona-non-grata among that group, no longer invited along on raids, even kicked from a guild? Certainly. You could also be kicked for a variety of other reasons. But those are private matters between players, and not considered bans from the game.

woosh

o.O

what

Actually? Where can I find more information on this? Can you post any legal cases/laws involving this?

ā€œYeah, I followed a bunch of idiots into the middle of a lava pool. But my death is completely their fault!ā€

I know this is overblowing the fact but cmon now. Bring Rogue to shatts if you donā€™t want to/trust lavawalking