Jade and Garnet Statue UT Drop ideas?

I don’t see how these are “biased”, especially since melee classes, together with the Ninja, are classes I don’t really enjoy playing much (my favourite classes are Necro and Archer).

~Emmy

Do I care about your favourite classes?

Why yes I do :smile: Getting to know fellow players…Gotta earn dat citizenship

Also, it may not be biased but I think it should be more universal or at least have one ability for Paladin and have another ability for a non melee class or a ring.

No doubt that your idea is great and I love the idea of you taking the “pop” phase of the statues and implementing it into the ability (although I think that it should only give speedy for 1.5 seconds and armoured for 1.5 seconds instead of damaging on self instead of as a party effect to truly replicate the behaviour of the Statues).

On the other hand, I like the idea for the Buckler, but I fail to see how this would become succesfully coded into RotMG…unless the shield creates a termporary solid object I don’t know how the projectile collision would work.

It’s true that I don’t really know much about coding and the limits of Flash Player, so I have no idea how to implement that. However, if I had to make a guess, the shield projectile could count as a solid object for the duration of the stun, perhaps instantaneously and the lingering for a short period (I’m thinking like 0.1-0.2 seconds) to make sure the projectiles register the ‘object’ obstructing them?

I really don’t know, I was just kinda throwing out ideas in a relatively hypothetical environment. :blush:

~Emmy

It’s a good idea, I’ll give you that. And it doesn’t follow the general pattern of abilities.
Im thinking that the projectiles could actually exist as actual entities (that are shaped like shield projectiles) with hitboxes that after registering about 50-100 damage will “die” and would be released in a similar fashion to the Prism of Dancing Swords.

I mean it could work, however this would be too exploitable in places like the Void as you could simply block all of the Void Entity’s attacks (as the projectile damage value if the enemy would not go through the shield projectule and deduct the damage of the Bucklers’.)
There should be some sort of trade-off/debuff like “slowed for 2.5 seconds” to counteract it.

Also…how would you negate shots that pass through multiple targets?
Because as far as I’m aware solid objects can block them but do not move and entities move but do not block them…so we hit a wall there. :frowning_face:OOF

I mean, the biggest trade-off is the cooldown of the shield. It’s meant to prevent people from spamming it, so unless you have 3-4 knights with maxed pets and this shield, I think it would be kind of hard to exploit it. And at that point, knights already exploit the game in other ways, so meh…

My idea was to basically create an instant cone of invisible “wall” in front of the knight for the time it takes the visual effect of the shots to reach the maximum distance (~0.2 seconds I’d say, maybe?) and have that invisible hitbox block the shots. BUT then again, I have no idea of coding or something of the sort, so I really don’t know how this could be implemented, I’m just putting the idea out there. :slight_smile:

~Emmy

Nice ideas, I see you’ve made a good effort into making it unlike a lot of ideas we see these days :confused:.

Personally, I’m not that much of a fan of the special effect of the Seal, but it is an idea that we haven’t had in the realm as of now. I guess we could think of it as an EP-esque ability.

Regarding the shield, I like the idea of destroying enemy projectiles. It’s quite a nice idea and it would certainly change the way players use the Knight and promote more active decision making, especially since with the current pets, mindless perma-stunning is available and where enemys are immune to stun we can see less of Knights participating, players opting to choose other classes instead.

Overall, great effort and I hope to see more of your ideas! :slight_smile:

Has it occurred to anyone that no class has two (actual, QoT doesn’t count) event white abilities…
Bloody Cloak
Bee Quiver
Ogmur
Jugg
Stone Tablet
Oreo
Vile Trap
Conflict

So maybe make Jade and Garnet drop a Tome, Poison, Skull, Prism, Scepter, or Star

Also I personally think they shouldn’t drop seperate UTs but would rather work like the Beehemoths and simply change its color.

Well it is just an idea that isn’t in the game right now so all classes still only have one possible event white. No need to try and stem the flow of possible ut ideas right?

Not trying to be mean or too forceful about this I just don’t see “These classes already have an event white” as real feedback and I feel very strongly about it :slight_smile:

Well yes, and I also often like ST set ideas, even for classes that already have one, that said however, I personally would try to flow my event white ideas towards classes that don’t have one but that may just be me.

Thank you for the feedback!

Sometime these days I’m gonna have to go and edit the original post completely over and implement all the feedback and add the sprites… Totally not looking forward to that.

Hehe. Anyway…

~Emmy

Alright, looking at the feedback, I understand that A) the seal seems to be the more uninteresting of the two items and B) people would like the Garnet/Jade statues to drop a single white bag, which changes color depending on which of the two statues drops it.

How would moving the seal as a rare white bag drop to either the Abyss of Demons (Malphas or the Golden Idol t-room) or the Red Demons sound as an idea? I personally would be hesitant there, since the idea of the seal is to resemble the charge attack of the statues, but hey, I might as well throw this out there.

As for the Shield, it could then be renamed to Shield of Resentful Jade or Shield of Resentful Garnet, depending on which of the statues drops it.
I’d have to make a color-swapped sprite for it if people would be interested in that.

Anyway, let me know what you think!

~Emmy

only t-room in abby would promote more people to do abbys.

I mean, I think the current event is doing a pretty good job promoting the Abyss… :smiley:

rotmg shield 2
Here is what the reskinned shield for the garnet statue could look like.

dis seal is too op

Would you mind explaining why you consider it to be “too op”?
Or are you memeing?

thats op af specially if he activate it in chest the chest will get fucked he will get all loot

Ghostly Prism: A cursed piece of Davy Jones’s treasure. Using it leaves behind a deadly spirit bomb.

Tier: Untiered
MP Cost: 65
Duration: 2.2 (Explodes 6 times)
Explosion Damage: 320-480 (400)
Total Damage: 1920-2880 (2400)

Prism of Dire Instability: Seemingly bleak at first, this prism has erratic magical properties looming inside, which affect the light it scatters in unforeseen ways.

Tier: UT
MP Cost: 80
Duration: 2 seconds
Shots: 15
Damage: 320-480 (400)
Total Damage: 4800-7200 (6000)

Both of these have significantly higher DPS for the tradeoff that they have to be aimed better.
The average damage of this seal is less than 3 buffed sword hits on a pally. It has a cooldown, unlike the prisms, and it reqires you to stand on top of what you’re trying to hit.

I dont see your point of it being OP because it is useful against chests.

that is prisms but seal dmging 1600 dmg and also dmg buff and healing? op af

The seal does not give healing. It is evident that you are not actually paying attention to what the item does and how it would work in the game, so I would urge you to either:

A) actually read the item description and my explanation for the functions of the items or

B) leave this forum thread and place your baseless accusations of items being “OP” somewhere else.

Because quite frankly, it is annoying to see someone disregard something you’ve worked hard to create without even reading it properly.