Karma System (or - reducing the RNG factor)

Hear me out before you instantly start hammering at the keyboard.

This isn’t an original concept, I’ve seen a couple other games do it. The long and short of it is a guaranteed drop after performing an action a certain amount of times.

Reason for this is soulbound UTs from dungeons such as UDL/abyss. Guildmate has run ~500 snakes and never had a bulwark (the droprate, I imagine, is slightly higher than 1/500). Not sure how many UDLs I’ve run but I’ve done at least 50 just the past few days, and just wis.

After a set, preferably high number of dungeon runs (100? 200?), you’d basically get a guaranteed drop of that dungeon’s SB UT (possibly with a message?). If you get it by RNG, the counter resets.

Optimally, Deca would be able to enable/disable and configure this feature per enemy. If notifiers running after sphinxes/herms trying to get a guaranteed jugg becomes a problem, just switch it off. If suddenly everyone and their mother has a dbow from running 100 UDLs, then raise the requirement to 200.

Just feel like this would add some consistency to the game without making it too easy.

Also - even if people hate this as a loot system for whatever reason, could this at least be applied to mystery boxes? I don’t buy them myself, but I’ve seen it work with other games. Might even make people buy more knowing they’ll get a guaranteed result eventually.

tl;dr pls dbow decker

10 posts were merged into an existing topic: Invisible karma bar for white bag poll

Invisible karma bar for white bag poll

@moderators, I’ll leave it to your judgement to merge or not

Combined two ideas though while not exactly the same, are on a similar theme, and @MCShovel’s longer idea enhances the other.