Keyboard Input Suddenly Fails [Exalt]

Description of the Problem

Although I was still able to move my character with the W/A/S/D keys when this happened, I was unable to nexus even when spamming the R key, and was also unable to use my ability in spamming right-click. This lead, unfortunately, to the death of a character (and the loss of my first Shatters White.)

Context

I was running a Toxic Sewers, by myself, on the ASE server. (I am located in Hong Kong.)

Some of us are testing out similar issues, more especially noting a potential delay/unregistered inputs by moving your character in certain directions/under certain conditions.
I had a couple chars bite the dust recently as well. If you recall other specific situations as a prelude to your death, please post them!

Happened to me three times thrice : once in a wine cellar, was casually walking, couldn’t Nexus or move. Then in MBC rage phase with tentacles (ouch), and once more when walking in a LHallway. It stopped one month ago, but I guess you wasn’t as lucky.

I seems to me that while movement and shooting are client side actions all other actions including nexusing potion portal entering and ability use are server side actions and exalt has some problems with them

I’ve had another death due to inability to Nexus while fighting the corruption phantom. I think the client should be more forgiving in that sense - Nexusing should definitely be client side to keep the game fair. Or, if the delay is intended, DECA should set a static amount of time before a client-side nexus, like 0.15 second.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.