Life of Sen

Not sure where else to put this but I do draw small events from my life sometimes and need somewhere to post them.
Anyways, if you don’t know who I am… My name is Sen, I’m 19 and I live in Las Vegas currently.

Here’s something that happened yesterday during work…

Probably shouldn’t have said that but it felt nice, I most likely won’t do it again.

I also got the funniest answering machine message ever, it went along the lines of…

“Hello this is the Smith’s residence! We’ll get back to you as soon as possible, leave your name, phone number, social security number, credit card number, and a brief message and we’ll call back, thanks!”

Alongside that one of my TL’s thought I was a girl because I seem cute. I corrected her and she was cool about it. But I do have to quit my job at Carl’s so I can work here full time which I’m fine with some of my co-workers there and my boss are douchebags.

In my free time all I’ve been doing is watching Dragon Quest 11 with my buddy. But it’s such an amazing game, we’re both enjoying it.

I don’t know when I’ll continue Hellway and Nyx, organizing some minor things for it, but I do want to finish what I started.

That’s all I have to say for now

cute

Mind if I post some of my art here?
I’m thinking of starting a little comic called “Wither”, it is about a phoenix, a snake and a racoon who find themselves in an alternate universe. Similar to my childhood favorite series called Amulet.

We’ve waited for a sentury for you to send the next edition senpai.

I sense that you don’t like carls jr.

(I’m sorry in advance)

and yes i know how to spell century

you might want to make your own thread to show off your own art, but feel free to link it here once you’ve made it!

I can appreciate a good word play here and there, it’s alright.

@SoloSen what about the adventures comic in your other thread?

I made a poll there for the future outcome of the comic, ending it on Saturday if I remember

Ouch… That’s all I can say.

I've also been drawing my loved ones a ton

And my best friends

Still waiting on my pentel watercolor brush to arrive, along with travel mugs so I can keep my coffee and tea hot for a change.

As for important things, I did get a shit ton done last month.
Got my birth certificate back from a locked briefcase, a better job of course, banished and exorcised an evil spirit that was tormenting my loved ones, a clearer map of my objectives… etc

Need to set a goal to get my driver’s license otherwise I’m going to skive off from doing that

Uhh that’s all.

No art today I could care to show off, but I have some news.

New goal is to get driver’s license in 1-2 months, my goal for leaving relatives is the same though, 1-2 years. I still have many things I’d like to work on though, I must push myself

My best friend with the ghost problem finally feels better, she calls me her hero. I feel happy about it but I didn’t really do anything too spectacular… Maybe I should just learn exorcism in case of future incidents. More of a freelance one though, the hiring process the Roman Catholics have looks like a pain, lol (They don’t pay much anyways)

Still waiting on that watercolor brush, I ordered the damn thing last month but it’s going to arrive Feb 27 now… Ugh why does this take so long…?

I also think about what career to pursue sometimes, if I stay in Nevada construction or air conditioning are huge. In the past I wanted to be a police officer and then a detective but these days I don’t strongly follow that dream anymore. Also police brutality is a major issue in some places and I don’t want to be stereotyped… It’d also be weird for a hacker and a cop to live together innit? Or you know, an exorcist… :joy:

Finally, I saw this recipe for Chebureki. Taun, you have some amazing taste holmes. I’m craving some almost as much as Chinese food, haven’t had any in two years!

I made cheburek about a week ago! They turned out amazingly well and I enjoyed eating them with mayonnaise. It was 120% worth it and I finally learned how to knead dough too! (Had failed a ceramics class before where kneading was a skill.)

Oh but uh…

I’m sick, I have a sore throat, and a bloody nose that actually yeet itself over the bathroom wall unfortunately… (It was easy to clean thankfully because of the snot-like properties.) I also had a fever, pain, and the chills. It feels like whenever I get sick the effects get worse than last time…
Making it a goal to exercise more to avoid dying… :joy:

By the way, the ironic part of this is that I’m fighting a certain boss in Dragon Quest that’s literally a Contagion. A year ago in college I got sick, now I reset my game and it happened again! AT THE SAME BOSS/AREA.
It’s so evil it effects me in real life REEEEEEEEEE

Suddenly feeling resent towards my workplace, they dare call me unreliable after showing up on time every day and completing tons of surveys!? Absolute kurvas.

The doctors were absolute pricks too. I booked an appointment for 2 pm, they made me wait 2 hours and on top of that she gave me major attitude.

“Do you want this doctors note or not?”
“You should feel lucky I’m giving you 3 days.”
“Your throat looks absolutely fine!”

I swear once I recover she’s getting a hefty complait. She’s always had a stick up her ass to my relatives and I.

Once I get my license out I think I will set on going back to school, being self employed would be awesome, making a decent salary… Or even enjoying the work itself. This is something I must achieve. I’m thinking of engineering, my grandpa was an engineer and so is one of my best conrades. In freshman year of high school I took a science physics class with wood shop thrown in, it remained my favorite class for all 4 years of school. So just imagine if I got to do that for a living!

I’m also very happy that a rough plan for EFLV is falling into place.

License --> School --> ???

Apparently that watercolor brush is finally arriving tomorrow, Christ on a bike it took over a month to arrive! I ordered it way back in January! The main reasons I want to paint is;

1. To see if I’ve improved as an artist (Painted as a kid, was impatient & horribly failed and made a mess.)

2. It’s another form of ‘art therapy’ (“artherapy??”), I draw to let go of stress, self reflect, and cheer myself and loved ones up.

But uh… I’ve attracted some attention at work for my talents…

Suddenly a group of guys ask me if I can draw for them, join their team for making an adult swim cartoon, ask me if I play Fortnite (I wish I was joking with this one specifically), and are pretty nosy overall.

I already have Realmafia to draw sometimes, and the very slow soviet tank speed progression of Hellway and Nyx. I don’t want to take more requests… :unamused:

Two of my best friends’ birthdays are coming up soon and I’m excited to celebrate them! Especially Zephyr’s as it would be the first time and very close to our anniversary of meeting in college too. I have no idea what to get him aside from cake, but he’s never been a materialistic sort. I won’t fret too much.

Spiritually I’ve been lazy again as usual, but I’m looking forward to learning energy work soon.
I used to be more interested in the more traditional things like candles, sigils, divination, tarots, and other boring standard magic, what have you.
But as I said, that shits very boring and I feel like I should learn something more practical and healthy for my spirit. It’s also got me interested in Buddhism for the concepts of enlightment and chakras.

But anyway, I’m lazy and I’m sick. It’s going to wait for now.

Your presence will be enough :blush:

Good to see you’re still making progress in life Sen. Your workplace seems to be acting a bit unfair towards you. And that doctor! :neutral_face:

Wish you luck with your future career, engineering sounds fun :slight_smile:

Yeah yesterday was rough! Thankfully the night was better, I watched Ace Attorney with the gang and played Minecraft with Zephyr.

It’s been a while, things are getting better.

Practicing driving for my license, and I’m getting quite good now! Just have to perfect my turns and get familiar with street rules that aren’t local to me. But I don’t think I’ll get a car yet because the insurance will fucking kill my savings.

Work has been okay, haven’t been getting as many surveys done. Went from 3-4 a day average to 1-2 yet they still want to promote me.

Today I took Zephyr to a garden of roses, then we went shopping, bought some general tso wings, watermelon and pineapples, juice, margaritas, and a lot of candy. He’s been happier lately (and improving) so that in turn makes me happy.

I finished Dragon Quest 11, now I’m moving onto DQIX, DQVIII, and Mother 3. They’re good!

I kind of quit watercoloring pretty quickly, but I did find it fun. Back to ink pens again though.

I painted Zephyr and it turned out really well, this portrait of him sits on my desk at work now.

Nothing else comes to mind right now, I’m just trying to live instead of exist.

Things really suck right now.

Starting with work, our second call center called Warm Springs closed for some unknown reason apparently so all the employees from that place migrated to our building so it’s over crowded. And since I’m a part timer that comes in 3 hours later than everyone else my seat is ALWAYS TAKEN. I have co-workers and bosses that try to help me with it since I’ve been there for 4-5 months already, but no avail yet. So much for my promotion too.

My sweet boy Zephyr has been very depressed lately, he has been crying almost every night due to his disabilities, feelings of worthlessness, etc… I want to help him feel better any way I can but there isn’t an awful lot I can do. I keep reassuring him he’ll heal one day and get through it, but… These things don’t happen overnight unfortunately.

My relatives have been a pain too. There was a fiasco about wanting me to take care of a cat which turned out to be a worthless argument, they cancelled half of their vacation which I had to pull some strings for at work and nearly died of anxiety when I found out my old man visited the workplace, my distant relatives in California have been annoying too, constantly trying to see me and understand what’s “going on.” Their incompetence has made me lose it a couple times already, and I had a breakdown recently in private.

It comes to a matter of… How I’m spending my time. Will I continue my dead end job for 2 years until I have enough savings? Will I go to school and try to make a living? When will I get out of this fucking city? When do I get a car, a place to live, benediction… There’s a lot of questions I have to answer eventually.

I’m not going to give up anytime soon.

Don’t give up Sen. It’s bad now but it’ll get better, you just gotta hang in there. Stay strong.

Is Zeph already seeing a psychiatrist? I’d definitely recommend it from what I’ve heard.
Having someone to vent to and rely on is one thing, but it’s not perfect.

Gotta say that the previous post gave me some more hope, too, though u,w,u

He’s not as our situation is a bit more complicated than meets the eye… but he is getting better now! I talked to him for a couple hours and we hang out together everyday, wounds have been healing, and he’s trying to smile.

Thank you bro :blush:

It’s that time of month again lol

First off, Zephyr has been getting better! Less pain in his neck and his arms have been healing too! He’s also been smiling a lot more recently and occasionally he’s very sassy to balance how sweet he is as well. He offered to help me improve my math skills today, I’m tempted to study with him because well, he’s Zephyr, but at the same time I fucking hate math even though I desperately need to improve on it…

Speaking of studies I’ve also picked up on learning Japanese again! I have both hiragana and katakana down and all that’s left is kanji! (Perhaps learning grammar too but duolingo pretty much has me covered for that.)
So far I know about 20 of them by heart. There seems to be an emphasis on learning all 2,042 of them as quickly as possible but I don’t really have a goal that’s less than a year to learn all of them so I’m going at a relaxed pace and trying to study about 5 a day. It’s fun so I don’t mind it taking long. I need a hobby that isn’t mindless RPG grinding anyways.

Well, maybe watching old 90’s anime counts as one. :thinking: Also I finished DQVIII, and Mother 3 last month. Now I’m watching a playthrough for Final Fantasy VI, it’s great so far. I was doing Dragon Quest VI beforehand but the encounter rate in that game is seriously hellish.
(Yay Erdrick and The Hero(s) are in Smash!!! :smile: :tada: )
Sometimes I watch episodes of Kitchen Nightmares and Hell’s Kitchen too.

As for adult shit my workplace is confusing me, they keep cancelling shifts, my paycard still doesn’t let me withdraw the money I have in it, the shifts are only 5 hours now, and there’s barely any people left. I don’t know what the hell is going on with this call center anymore honestly. I’ve been here for about half a year now and not one day has gone by where it was not a struggle.

I’m getting my driver’s license sometime around June/July, I’m going to pass that test first try as well if possible. That’s just to boast a bit to my relatives who failed theirs a couple times. :smirk: But… Seriously, I’ve been practicing so much now that it’d be stupid of me to fail at all.

I looked at my older posts and I have been getting a lot more done! Sometimes I feel like I’m stuck planning out what to do next but keeping this thread open helped me notice my efforts a bit more.

Yep, we’re watching Sailor Moon! (Subbed)
Also why does this nerd always manage to look cute in any outfit I draw for him lmao. He’s very feminine but still.