Life Sucking Scepter

There was problem with posting image so i posted it on Imgur : https://imgur.com/a/nwasdkS
Description : ̶E̶v̶e̶r̶y̶ ̶b̶o̶y̶ ̶f̶a̶v̶o̶r̶i̶t̶e̶ ̶w̶e̶a̶p̶o̶n̶ ̶ Drains life from enemies

Stats:

• Tier: UT
  • MP Cost: While key held 20 MP/sec
  • Range: On screen
  • Effect: Combination of Star and Skull but for Sorcerer , While key held it deals Damage : 60/s (+1<5wis over 40) and Heals : 30hp/s (+1<5wis over 40) . You can heal only when you deal damage. Healing for more than 4 seconds will grant Healing buff for 1 second and Damaging buff for 2 second (Self) . Cooldown 4 seconds (After 240 Health restored , cooldown is for heal) . While can’t heal you still can damage.
  • Stat Bonus: +30hp , -5 vit
  • Special properties: Ignores defense of target , Deals damage to enemy on cursor , don’t have chain-effect
  • Fame Bonus: 5%
  • Feed Power: 700

Drops From:

• Drop location Lord Ruthven 1/500

More info

This scepter is great when it comes to survivality , not to damage . It sacrifices chain-effect and some of damage for ability to ignore armor and heal . This scepter can be very good on bosses that can easily get you too low quickly , However this can be used on only one target so using it for grouped enemies to kill 1 or 2 targets will be usseles when rest is chasing you , instead of using others scepters . This should be mostly used on bosses and when there’s no priest around .

Well firstly, the description is very lackluster, usually UT/ST items tell something about it (its story, origin or whatever) and not just blatantly state what it does, but that’s a minor issue.
Secondly, the sprite is eh at best.
And thridly, which I believe is to be the most important, is that you can pretty much hold space with a decent pet (max rare/mid legendary) and never run out of mana (infinite healing) and you’d only really die if you got instapopped. I mean sure, you can argue that it wont protect you forever if the enemy deals a nasty status effect or if it goes invuln, but guess what else suffers from these and is far more inferior than this item - Skulls. They heal nowhere near as much consistently and are very mana heavy. And let’s not forget about these healing and damaging buffs for 1 second(?) and uh, 6 second cooldown on a hold to use item (ok? Unless it’s meant to say that the buffs go on a 6 second cooldown, which doesn’t make much sense, they honestly shouldn’t be there in the first place).
While a cool concept with holding space to chain lightning, the healing on damage dealt gimmick doesn’t really fit the sorcerer, not to mention the scepter in itself is blatantly overpowered.

Theres no chain lightning .

This makes scepter more useful for non-group enemies because of scepter’s cooldown.

Cooldown after buffs is for scepters , not for buffs . So its stop from situation like that .

You still chain lightning when using a scepter, even if it’s a single target

Again, as previously mentioned, a scepter focused on damage (like most scepters are) or utility (fulmination) would’ve been a much better design choice than healing on damage dealt, that’s something that would fit better on necromancer, or priest, but by a very long-shot.

But then why would be the cost be so low? You basically have a maxed rare+ for 4 seconds. and reading that you say the cooldown is after buffs, someone can stop using it right before they are applied to avoid it. And again, the buffs seem obsolete and unecessary, 1 second is pretty much nothing, especially how situationally they are applied.

I think you really dont understand . No chain effect . Means if you target enemy it wont deal damage to others , you will have to move your frickin mouse . Can you understand now? I hope so .

Read correctly , cooldown is applied after 240 Health healed , and also health restored may be ,saved" to scepter before cooldown is applied so for example . You take scepter, heal for 230 hp , take it down so next time you want to heal , you will just get 10 HP and cooldown will be applied .

You seem to not comprehend what I’m saying, besides, how am I supposed to ‘understand’ how the ability will precisely fire if you are being unnecessarily vague, the way you are defining it falls under chain lightning (again, it’s still chain lightning even if at a single target, see scepter of devastation) and an aoe with an incredibly small radius. So no “target enemy, don’t damage others, move frickin mouse!!!” tells me nothing.

Pretty confident this would have to be freshly coded, and knowing RotMG it would be prone to exploiting, like a lot.

This is idea on forums , you ever saw something getting out of these to games? I don’t think so . Complicated ideas are just more intresting and knowing that they will most probably don’t make it way to game , there’s no barrier in creativity .

check this out

Another cool concept with poor execution… the scepter sprite okay at most, the way the scepter is handled requires too much reading for not a lot of results, and other points have been made by other users.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.