Making WIS and VIT USEFUL Again

Wisdom and vitality are virtually useless stats when compared to your pet (assuming you have something semi-decent) a problem that makes item stats unbalanced and irrelevant from the game. With exception to a few scaling items like priest tome, there is no point in even maxing the two stats besides having the satisfaction of the yellow maxed color.

A way that these stats can be brought back into the game as well as making items utilizing them viable again can be done through a scaling system. The idea is as simple as less vit/wis= less hp/mp heal from pets. And before someone becomes defensive about keeping the strength of their pet, know that a maxed stat in either of the two would translate roughly to what ever it is now.

The right curve to this is important, the difference between 40 vit for a ranged and 75 vit for a sword class should not mean a knight gets almost twice as much hp as a wizard. Because of this I created a custom equation for wis and vit based on a pets current heal/ mp heal.

(stat) < or = 40 .15+(stat)/60= ratio of pets current heal

(stat) > 40 .4833+(stat)/120= ratio of pets current heal

This means a maxed 75 vit/wis character will receive ~10% more heal, a nice bonus so people feel the change is a balance rather than a nerf, something it should be.

The Vitality Stat

your current heal/mp heal lvl? ngl i dont get what ur saying when u compare it to pets heal lvls

Woah this is an awesome idea! people always talk about nerfing pets and boosting wis/vit but you’ve actually thought it out!

It means based on the pet you are using the ratio will change the amount you get healed. Example: 75vit 110% scale on a lvl 90 (69 hp) heal will equate to about 76 hp per heal.

ok so it will be more useful for people with better pets. but what if u dont have a pet? normal rates apply?

Yes it’s in addition to the original effect

ok well thought out!

Holy Shit! Dude this is an amazing idea! Vit and Wis will actually be useful again!

You also even got it down to the point where pets aren’t exactly nerfed, just made better with vit and wis!

I do have a question though, as I didn’t quite understand it. Will the pet heal and mheal now be nerfed, and then increased with vit and wis, or will it stay the same, and just increase with vit and wis? Thank you, and great idea!

The hp and mp heal will stay the same and be EITHER increased or decreased based on wis and vit.

Ok, thank you

Not the first time I’ve seen something like this…

The problem is that high vitality classes (knight and warrior) would benefit even more from the heal ability. But I do like the fact that they wouldn’t be able to rely on magic heal too much.

Also, I would like to point out that, even though this makes vitality and wisdom more useful, it doesn’t solve the problem of pets creating a major unbalance between classes. But I’m pretty sure that this was not your intention anyway.

Right, pets being OP is a problem in itself, but on your comment that a melee gaining more health could be a problem, it also puts the other classes in a better spot. A ranged class would only be getting 80% heal with 40 vit, which makes sense considering they aren’t supposed to tank as much, the reason they were given the lower vit in the first place.

I like the idea, the only issue I see is it will make the Necromancer even worse compared to the other classes. It also makes some class that should be tanky not as tanky as they should be, and others too tanky. This can easily be fixed by changing the stat caps however.

With the HP and MP stats you have more room to work with and the lowest stats are never less than half the max.

I should say probably why I like the idea…
It’s just that it makes sense for the HP/MP Heal to be judged on the HP/MP regen stats rather than the total, and the fact it makes Vit and Wis more useful as they should be.

Anyway, I feel that it should be based on the total HP and MP, as HP regen directly translates to how long you can last in a fight, and generally the robe classes are meant to be weaker as they take advantage of range, something sword classes can’t.
Same thing goes for the MP regen, classes that sacrifice survivability usually should have increased usage of their ability.

Also, pets should be nefed as well, not buffed in a sense. (99 HP regen for 75 vit, possibly more if combined with a vit ring.) The difference between a fresh player and an old player with the pet & stats is a bit much.

But what about when I fame farm, I don’t want my pet to be trash. I’m pretty dependant on my pet in game trains at low levels and if the pet system were changed to wis and vit based,my pet would heal like nothing.

Do remind yourself that wis and vit are still handy when someone just starts the game, without a godly pet

This is true, which is why the original effects will be kept as is, but the other 98% of players with pets? That’s the reason this is important.

I guarantee you, wis and vit are still useful and very effective if your pet is about lv 40-50, and even for me using a maxed rare. Also, wis does effect some abilities

of topic,but when is the next rotmg story coming out? @DreadDrake

Several questions about this proposal.

1. not everyone has a heal mp heal pet so what happens to these people, and for the people that do have one does this mean that their lv 1 characters now have severely under rated pets?
  2. if high vit classes get buffed then do robe classes get buffed mp heal? if you buff the pet heal then is a geb ring more useful to a knight than a ub mp? Could a knight w a maxed legendary mp heal pet permastun because of this pet mod and how does this affect all the other classes equipment by comparison? it’s likely to change the game mechanics more severely or in unintended ways.
  3. if a buff is given to heal abilities for pets does this severely undervalue the other pet abilities by comparison?

I think the wis and vit stats are still very useful in game, e.g. wis mod classes or for people struggling to perma speedy or perma buff for the first time with their lower level pets. The pets add a layer of complexity to the game as they are, where certain classes become more useful later in the game because of the strength of their pet, such as priests w prot or lava walking, or knights w stuns or assassins w the frequency of their poison tosses. I think the way things are currently is fine and there is no need for a modification to the pet stats; wis and vit still play a useful role in game but to a lesser extent because of pets, yet it is still noticeable.

Yeah it’ll be good that pets won’t be broken and vit/wis will have some actual value