Mark Stacking

Of course, this is long argued, so I’m pitching a new idea that I don’t know how others would feel, or even how I feel, I’m fine with the current system, this would just be slightly more convenient. I think that you should be able to stack marks (it doesn’t have to be up to 8) but only for that day, the first mark you pick up receives a 24 hour timer before it disappears next time, when you stack marks they get the shortest timer of all the marks in the stack, (if you stack a 16 hr with a 5 hour, the decay time would be 5 hours). This way it reserves Deca’s wish to have them be “Daily Quests” and gives us a more convenient method. This wouldn’t apply to Epic Tokens, only normal.

Pitch 2-
Same idea except you can withdraw a token from the Tinkerer that allows you to stack all the marks for that quest inside of it, it expires when the quest expires/if you die with it, you lose the marks, you can also only have 1 of these withdrawn at a time on any given character, you can drop them out but they would be soulbound. Once you put a token in, you can’t withdraw it.

And yes I realize there are probably flaws I didn’t see when making this idea, so please point them out to me (preferably politely, no need to be a jerk and act like I’m an imbecile).

No. There have been a lot of discussions about mark stacking, and no matter how you sell it, it defeats what Deca is trying to do. They are trying to encourage spending money on storage, or encourage “daily questing” like you acknowledged. Any/all solutions to the “problem” are just going to create less revenue/defeat the purpose of the Daily Quest.

As convenient and swell it would be to stack marks, I think Deca intended to make marks this way forever (‘cause it makes players want to buy vaults to store all them).

Fair enough, despite knowing how greedy companies can be, somehow I thought differently of Deca, of course other than the scams they call Mystery Boxes. I never actually considered the marks were used to get cash.

It’s not greedy
This is optional and Deca employees probably have families that need to be fed and even though they probably make more than enough they also need money to keep the game running, to keep updating it, to pay people who work for them
And the fact that it is optional and no required instantly removes any idea of this being “greedy”
Had it been greed it would have been a paywall

Once again, something I never thought about. Thanks for pointing this out to me, I really do appreciate it.

dis is why backpacks exist.

This, unfortuneately, is the truth.
DECA is a small company, and Realm is one of their top five hitters (along with Knights and Dragons, Modern War, Crime City, and Kingdom Age) and they have between 11-50 employees (questionable source, but hey).

They need to feed their families. That is an inevitable fact. Leave them alone.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.