Minimap Bag Indicator

https://www.realmeye.com/player/XIYANGYANG

my alt

I like the idea, HOWEVER

What about white bag in a sprite world?

Ehh!

Well, if you added like a light lining around the dot on the mini-map, kinda like you did, I think that would be alright.

Also you could make it so that if bag will disappear in the next 10 seconds, it will start to flash on the mini-map

Love the idea!

+1

:lollipop::lollipop::lollipop:

Status effect depletion, minimap bag indicator… let’s make this game as easy as for 2 year olds

What’s next, projectiles flashing when they have enough dmg to kill you??

It’s called “Quality of Life”

You should unbound your nexus key, play at 0 brightness, this isn’t a game for 2 year olds

I don’t think you get the point. Given a situation, the difficulty of the situation should come from having all the information necessary to allow you to make a range of decisions, all of them with different results. Difficulty should not come from not even knowing what is happening on screen.

Yes, both of these ideas would make the game easier, in a sense. And, in both cases, you can very well prepare for what those ideas are trying to erradicate: you can count the seconds until your cloak wears off with a rogue, you can scour the land in search of loot that enemies may have dropped. But both ideas free you from these worries and allow you to spend more time doing what is important in this game: dodging and pewpewing. And that’s where the difficulty comes from in RotMG.

Nice contradiction… because you can definitely focus on hitting and dodging tomb bosses while looking at minimap for bags

The status effect depletion is contradicting idea itself as it is more distracting in most of the situations, eg. you are rushing abyss with rogue if you are experienced enough you don’t have to “count” seconds until your cloak wears off because you subconsciously know when it’s going to off and you focus on how to dodge>cloak or if you have plane where to tp. Status effect depletion here is simply distraction as you don’t know how many ticks exactly status effect depletion will last until you are visible, while without it you know precisely what to do.
Not to mention other situations where it is totally useless (not useless rather dishelping) eg. group of people with paladins buff and not to mention its ilogicalness where you become visible>invis>vis>invis n amount of times depending on animation and every time animation shows you visible enemies don’t attack (also relates to berserk, stasis…) and then you suddenly stop going >invis (and it takes more fraction of a second time for you to note you are vis again which is totally opposite of the idea)

The only situation where status effect depletion is any useless (but still illogical) is when you are solo (in coop game) with speedy or shield

PS keep arguing while

I swear, in the old days, they had this.

Nope, they never had it.
I don’t see why not though.

That said, this has been suggested more times than you’d think. Nonetheless, it’s a good idea.

Good idea.

Sure, there’s still a lot to process, but it is easier if at least you know where a bag is right from the get go. It is, as the op said, a quality of life change, it’s made to make the game a little more bearable, but not a cakewalk like you’re implying it will.

But I can see that some players wouldn’t like it. An option to turn it on/off in the options menu might be needed.

This is a very good idea, although showing pink and brown bags would cause insane amount of lag.

Why don’t we make an option in the settings, when you can:
Chose to turn bag indications
Choose bags you want to be shown:
-brown
-pink
-purple
-cyan
-white
-egg basket
-loot boosted (red)

I’m calling it this is going to be in Best of the Best
:heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:
Also for those that are complaining about this idea you can always just disable it in options and there also might be a filter for different types of loot bags

I think this is just a bad idea. There can be so many bags on the ground in places that the entire map would be cluttered.

I would support this idea if it was only for white bags. That way you wouldn’t lose your tomb loot or qot in the enemies but after a desert drag the entire map wouldn’t be covered in brown dots.

If there was a filter option you could just adjust it to blue bags and up tho

Yeah but that seems to complex for this game. Toggle on and off is best. Besides, only white bags matter really.

There can be a pulsating red ring around it that is noticeable but not enough that it obstructs the players view. Good point tho.

If this went in Best of the Best I would probably riot.

at least the other version of this on these forums was slightly different.

I believe the main reason this is frequently ignored is that it only makes a difference in literally 2 situations: QoT and extremely dirty tombs, both of of those situations are made even more pointless by the fact that they are found in relatively small contained areas, it only takes about 4s to take a quick look around for any items on the ground. if you have sound effects on you can just listen for the drop noise to hear if you even got anything at all, and if you didn’t you don’t even have to take the time to look.

this is almost completely meaningless.

Yes, yes, yes, yes YES

This happens to me so often when a god drops a pot and a dungeon but I go into the dungeon before getting the pot, then go back into the realm and try to find the potion, but it’s not there, so I cry.

But we’d need to add this to Decamenu so players could program what bags to be notified of.

Agreed

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.