White bag notifier

I was wondering if there could be soemthing like ‘white bag notifier’…
I was thinking about this idea while I was running ents…I was like…’‘what if I get a QoT but I don’t pick it up because I don’t know I actually got it?’'
Because that green things, they just run around and if somebody else kills them away from u, u can’t know did you get anything. It’s not just for that, maybe it happens that u actually get a white from somwehere, but don’t notice it.
White bag notifier would look like this:

Sorry for bad edit, I took a picture from internet.
And sorry about bad explaining, I’m not that good at english.
So, guys what do you think about this idea?

Minimap Bag Indicator

tl;dr simple explanation:

When you get an off-screen whitebag, it would replace the current quest with the whitebag.

I’d support. I’m also pretty sure it’s possible because I’m pretty sure hack clients do that.

There should also be a unique bag-drop sound exclusively for white bags.

Something like this but shorter?

I want them to make whitebags so obvious you’d have to be blind, deaf, and stupid.

If they didn’t do what’s suggested here, a notifier, it would be nice if whitebags made a small firework when dropped or something, and made noises for it.

Good Idea, just don’t name it Notifier… for reasons

Yeah lol.

This is such a simple idea yet it hasn’t really been brought up before, would love to see this implemented.

I mean it looks likes you already are.

Now that’s just straight up rude man.

I’d really like that, Must suck to oversee a white bag

How about alongside this, there should be a special message broadcasted to the realm/dungeon you are in saying:

“X has just gotten an (insert item here) from a (insert enemy here)!”

That will make white bags really special right? :3

That’s a neat idea. Would like to see this implemented.

Eh, people don’t really want it rubbed in their faces, whitebags are gotten quite often.

That’d be a great addition to @SanchysQ’s idea. However, due to @IceNazi’s reasoning, if it were to say something along these lines only to the player who got the white bag then it’d be sweet:
“Hey, (your name here)! Don’t forget your (insert item here)!” That combined with the quest like bag location function would probably eliminate the issue entirely.

I shudder to think that I could’ve gotten a QoT in the past and missed it altogether. =/

sounds nice.

A distinct sound would be better, as the bag might not always be offscreen. E.g. I once almost missed a Ray Katana due to its bag being obscured by the LOD portal. Easy to imagine this happening in or around an Ent

In theory you would notice an offscreen notifier as you moved away, but you might instead nexus or (even worse) TP away from an ent and then have no way to TP back in time.

I just had the cutest idea…

Talking whitebags XD

Just think about it, your lovely QoT whispering, “Hi there master!” Right after dropping or “Hey, don’t you love me?” if you haven’t picked it up after 15 seconds.

Sorry, got carried away :wink:

Imagine their reaction to you feeding them to your pet.
“Don’t let it eat meeeeeeeee…”

On topic, I think that’s a great idea. For that matter, I’d love to be able to hear bag drop sounds only, not other game noises. And not have the sound repeat if I go off screen and come back.

How often do you loiter for 15 seconds after killing an ent? The sound needs to happen when the bag drops, before you nexus/go out of range. As an added benefit like the normal bag drop sound it is a clue where to look just from knowing where things were being killed at that point.

It was more of a joke, a sound is definitely the best solution.

I was more or less imagining a white bag PM’ing you to pick it up and I thought it was quite kawaii :blush: