More advanced Gameplay for more advanced players - ideas

Hello fellow realmers, I had a thought about how much easier and cleaner to play the game could be with a few minor changes that could be brought up to Deca, especially for more advanced players. As an example what exactly I mean by that I will take an idea, about which I already have talked to some people and have gotten a lot of positive feedback about. The implementing of the so called “switch-Out” weapons into the Game engine. Most players who have reached a lot in Realm use those Items on a lot of characters. The idea particulary tries to fix the problem of uncomfortability.

It is simple. We could have not one weapon slot but rather 2. the first one being used as ever with simple left click, and the second one being used just as simple, with right click. Its a simple idea but i personally think it could proof very useful.

Maybe with the Unity Port some of those kinds of ideas might be implemented into the Game so I thought a discussion about it could be interesting and maybe we could even reach Deca with one of those Ideas. Also im personally very interested in what other ideas u guys could have.

This would be great! I like the idea of switching a weapon a click away? How would this work for abilities?

moved to #ideas:other

click the left half of your spacebar for ability 1 and the right side for ability 2

/s

There’s for a long time been requests for hotkeys to switch items, and this is basically the same concept, allowing more intelligent weapon switching.

There’s definitely ‘unexplored possibilities’ to improve the game via additional features in the equipment use.

What happens if I press both at the same time?

What happens if you press to move left and right at the same time?

Maybe shift + left click for ability one and shift + right click for ability two. Spacebar… I can’t think of a simple way to make it able to use both. Probably just defaults to ability one.

Personally I don’t like this idea, although it’s mostly because archers can’t wield two bows at the same time along with other things such as knight holding two swords and a shield. Game play wise I’d quite like the idea (having tiered staff and ep on for jokes), although as Nevov said, this is basically hotkeys.

Could even be a way to introduce a 9th/10th stat, for swap speed and carry limit if we wanted to expand that aspect of characters, and inventory management. Some classes would naturally be faster/slower to swap and have different caps, since it’d take no time to bring out another dagger, compared to sheathing/drawing a sword. Might be an unnecessary step away from the simplicity though.

No, no. What we really need are Super Street Fighter II combos. You know. Up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, and exploo~~ 8O

Touché :clap:

This is a bad idea. There shouldn’t be a delay for switching items which can be “upgraded” to take less time. It would make the whole idea of switching items a lot more convoluted and confusing, not to mention it would disadvantage players in a game where you need fast switching because there’s already lots of other things to worry about.

This, on the other hand, could be great. I say it would have to be the same across all classes and only to 4 slots extra (12 total) or something, to give F2P players some more inventory (8 slots often isn’t enough anymore, what with marks, the nexus crystals, primal ices, consumables etc, although most of those will go pretty soon), but DECA is handing out lots of free backpacks anyway. Extra inventory still could see use, although where it would fit on the current user interface is up for debate.

Would fit in with other games better, but not particularly with RotMG. You could technically carry 9 Quivers of Thunder on you at once, excluding backpacks. How does the archer carry all this? :confounded:

Eh, new ideas are always fun to think about :stuck_out_tongue:

A class idea that's more complex than our current 15 heroes

You know what would be interesting? An “adventurer” class- 1 weapon slot and 3 “free slots” for whatever.

You could put abilities, armors, or rings in those three slots. It would allow for some interesting combinations.

How those 4 ability slots are used, idfk.
Maybe LC would “use” slot 1, “space” using slot 3 and [CTRL} for slot 4.
ex)
You are playing as an adventurer.
YOu decide to be stupid as fuck and equip 1 weapon and three abilities.
Slot 1: T12 sword
Slot 2: Prot
Slot 3: T6 Shield
Slot 4: Helm of the Juggernaut

Pressing [Left Mouse] would shoot your sword.
Pressing [Space] would use your prot.
Pressing [Right Mouse] would use the Shield of the Colossus.
Pressing [CTRL] would use the Helm of the Juggernaut.

Obviously, some limitations would need to be placed- no two same ability types (i.e no jugg+GGen, etc). However, this class would require more skill, due to the extra coordination required.

Max stats could be
700HP
252MP
50ATK
25DEF
50DEX
50SPD
40VIT
50WIS

how about make right click an option for hotkeys then set it to a switch weapon hotkey?

that only works when both of them cancel eachother out

Wait, advanced players still click the mouse button?

I stopped clicking the mouse button when I discovered auto-fire toggle and custom keyboard layout, as a blue star.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.