My personal testing feedback

Heya guys, I’m only able to test for this one day on Wednesday (today), so I’m afraid my overall feedback will be limited to my experience today. That said, here goes.

1. Bunch of QoL stuff. I’m totally cool with testing being about testing particular classes and not just screwing around on whatever you want, but at least a maxed uncommon pet would be very nice to have on the testing server. At the moment, I don’t have a decent pet in testing, and while I can still technically play the game it’s not very realistic testing in comparison to regular gameplay on prod, since the average player has at least a maxed uncommon pet, if not a rare or legendary.
    I think it’d be nice for players to have access to at least exp boosters, if not some way to level to level 20 very quickly. The grind from level 1 to 20 is still there, which is the last thing anyone wants to go through while testing for a video game. That is, unless that grind is intended to be tested, in which case just state so man.

2. I personally love the cdirk change. I personally think it provides a nice balance between offense and defense, and I think sacrificing 100 damage for half a tile of range is completely worth it for classes like Trickster and Assassin. For Rogue, sure - Etherite will remain supreme. In my opinion, the 100 dps trade-off is more worth it on the former two classes than the latter two, and that’s how it should be. Cdirk shouldn’t be automatically better than Etherite - does anything else work like that in realm?
    As a sidenote, if you do insist on making more changes, I think a stat change depending on the “target class” would be cool. Perhaps add a defense buff, but remove some dps in exchange? Or maybe add some speed instead of some wisdom to make it still have advantages on all three dagger classes.

3. These Assassin changes are very good. I loved this assassin change. The class finally feels reasonable to play now that you aren’t waiting 10 seconds to kill things, and the class as a whole feels much better with the quicker poison throw and the faster application of damage. It’s not the same as some ideas I had in mind (like an on-hit effect on the dagger when poison is being used or something of that sort) but it’s still a change that I personally really enjoy.
    However, I think a buff to its MP to a 300 max or something of that sort wouldn’t be completely out of question, even if it isn’t a robe class. It’s a class which relies on its ability just as much as Wizard does, if not more, and it should get some bonus mana to do that with.

4. I like the trickster changes, but I don’t really understand what the intended goal was. I feel like trickster was, for the most part, in a pretty good place beforehand. Sure, the prism changes are welcome and will probably bring more people to the class, but I feel like the trickster being on testing as a whole is more of a placebo effect sort of thing where more people see trickster is buffed, so more people play the class. I thought it was in a good place already in my personal opinion, but if other people in realm didn’t, whatever.
    Ghostly prism is in a really good place right now. I love that it’s turned into a heavy AoE burst, and I love that it’s high risk. Honestly, out of all of the trickster changes, I think this was the second most needed one, the most needed stated directly below. Now if only I could get a ghostly in prod…
    I think that the ST prism still needs a ton of wrk boefore it’s in a good place. The minus from attack and dex make it unattractive to begin with, and the lack of decoy movement, while certainly a neat gimmick, doesn’t really provide a good purpose. You can do with teired prisms what you can do with this prism without the stats being taken away, so it’s just kind of a flex prism with no real purpose… Please rework this prism to be good.

TL;DR - Add more QoL stuff to make leveling easier and pets more realistic for players, I love the new cdirk and think it shouldn’t change again, new assassin is great but could use a bit more mp, and most trickster changes are neat but imo mostly unnecessary. Ghostly is a definite step in the right direction, and ST prism absolutely needs some work.

My personal testing feedback part 2

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.