My wifi is great, im getting 5 bars, but everytime I go on realm im on a constant rubberband HELP!

Ok like I see ONE scorpion and my comp goes ape shit, like doing the tutorial is impossible, I cant play, and even logging in to claim the daily reward is a struggle. I have reset my Wi-Fi, router, and flash cookies, but nothing seems to be working. My computer is fine other than just realm. Please help!!!

Try changing servers. That worked for me

didn’t work tried every server

Anyone else use wifi in your household?

yeah, but even when im by myself its like this
like I said everything else that uses Wi-Fi works perfectly

Any tabs you have open during this technical difficulty? Do you play wirelessly or wired?

nope

nope answers my first question but not my second

I suggest researching your area about wifi. Test your download and uploads speeds. It may help. You can always email DECA for help too!

Use ether net. Hook up a cable or something. Also, try different browsers. On my laptop, for some reason, Internet Explorer has much less lag than Chrome or Flash Player. On my PC, Flash Player is best. Just try different things. Also, a major factor for me with WiFi has always been location. If I am too close to the router, I lag a bunch, but if I go a few yards away I am good. However, if I go into my room, the wall or something causes me to get lag again. If I am using my laptop, I currently prefer sitting in my living room, which is about 4 yards away from the router and has 1 thin wall in between. It kinda just takes experimentation and trying weird shit.

If server changing isn’t assisting, try browser changing.
If you can, ditch WiFi and go for direct connections.
Basically what these guys above me said.

Also, avoid the Asian servers for now - DECA seems to forget they exist.
If you have a considerably “Slow” PC, use Internet explorer or another low CPU usage browser to play. Avoid Chrome/Opera etc.
If you have a notably fast PC, opt for Firefox or play directly from your flash player.

Your ISP could also be throttling programs such as Realm during certain times of the day (typically seen during peak hours) - so try out what times of day are best for you to play Realm. If you have any other issues regarding your ISP, contact them immediately - as of now, it’s illegal to selectively throttle bandwidth in many countries (though not all countries make this clear, check your country/state’s stance on this issue first).

Don’t forget to do all the standard:
“restart your PC/Modem”
“Reinstall realm (if you installed in some fashion)”

If all else fails, try contacting Deca staff or contacting a local techie to come and have a look at the issue. Sometimes a fresh pair of eyes is exactly what you need.

Hope this helps.

Wait, how do you get 5 bars of WiFi? My WiFi icon has 4. Do you have Windows XP or something? Try upgrading to Windows 10 to increase your speed.

It might be packet loss, the silent and deadly lag causer. I would start by restarting your modem and/or router, restarting your computer, and if you’re on wireless making sure there isn’t a new obstruction between you and the router you didn’t notice before.

Disable windows 10 update service, and any other services that may be eating your bandwidth up behind the scenes - Antivirus, torrents, etc.

Are you on a Macbook?

Try out Flash projector or try chrome / firefox / ie / edge

If it isn’t your internet, it might just be your PC, which I cant really give any recommended fixes other than just buying a new one, which wouldn’t be a viable solution for RotMG specifically.

I have windows 7, and I have used internet explorer to play realm for 3 years. This is my first time having this problem

What are your comp specs?

Open task manager and see which processes are eating up the most of your memory or disk space. End those processes.

there are certain realms that are really laggy. One time, I was doing fine, and then the entire realm, including me, dc’ed. It wasn’t even a closed realm either. Just switch realms or servers. Deca’s potato servers are pretty damn buggy.

As HorusKane mentioned, try to use Flash projector:

https://www.realmeye.com/wiki/using-the-adobe-flash-projector