Nerf Tome of the Tarnished Gods?

https://www.realmeye.com/wiki/tome-of-the-tarnished-gods

Over 5k damage on a tome for 100 mp? What’s the point of buffing sorc then if you’re just going to give priest something flatout better than any of his damage options? The total DPS might even out, but that’s still a sorcerer with the option to heal then.

Politely declines to swap Scepter of Devastation for this item.

Aha! You may be a little mistaken on its capabilities.

First, the Orb is single-target only, already making less strong versus groups (which is what Tome of Pain can achieve quite well, and both Merlot and Furor can assist in that as well, if you’re using a piercing Wand).

Second, the Range is only 6 tiles, which isn’t that much. Sure, it’s about Ray Katana range, but you’re still a priest - you don’t want to be close and up front with a target unless you’re spamming Prot.

Third, although it does swirl in place, it’s relatively stationary. Any moving boss won’t get the full amount of damage from a single use.

Fourth, the damage is spread over a pretty long amount of time. 6 seconds is quite a long time, especially given that most bosses tend to have some invulnerability going on.

Finally, its healing potential is severely hampered. Sure, you get Healing, but that won’t save you from imminent death like an instaheal would - heck, Pain, Merlot, and Furor give a self-heal, making them more versatile Tomes overall.

Seems like it acts more like a trap from how you’ve described it.

I guess it’s another entry in the “spawns a thing that does some damage” which has become en vogue.

Oh, is it one of your designed items @Seelpit?

Yup yup!
I originally wanted it to trigger AoEs, but that didn’t work, so I stuck to Zap. Its damage used to be quite mediocre, so it got buffed up a fair bit.
Also another version had it give you a phat self-heal when you were low (like, 350 HP), which would make it the most selfish tome of tomes .w.

To prevent any extra replies:

Nope. Not sure if Zap actually has that functionality.

Also, it “swirls” in place, as seen here:
hehe%20orb%20go%20swirllllllll

Does the dmg ignore enemy DEF?

Oh you made the tome? It is one of my favorite agent of oryx items! Cool sprites, cool concept, and good stats. Thank you for making it!

I didn’t make the sprites, those are credit of Lily (the tome itself) and Aurum (the orbs, which are directly ripped from the ones Leucoryx uses) =v="

And thank you >w<

The orbs remind me of moira from overwatch, not sure if that was intentional or not but it’s cool

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.