New class idea: Pyromancer

Here’s an idea for a class, the pyromancer!

The pyromancer is a unique melee class with great self-sustain and area damage. The tools of the pyromancer consists of the gauntlet and living flame. The base and maxed stats of the pyromancer are as follows:

Stats
Base Max
HP 200 770
MP 100 252
ATT 12 50
DEF 0 25
DEX 12 65
SPD 10 50
WIS 15 75
VIT 15 75

Equipment

T0 - Iron Gauntlet
Description “A sturdy black iron gauntlet that protects the user’s hand and doubles as a weapon.”
Damage 25-50
Shots 2
Arc gap 13
Projectile speed 17 tiles/second
Projectile lifetime 235 milliseconds

A short range spread weapon, having 4 range, and firing 2 shots in a pattern resembling this:

T0 - Living Flame

“A skilled pyromancer produces a magical flame in their palm. This flexible element is the medium that all pyromancers practice in, for protection or destruction.”

This ability conjures up a flaming field in a radius around the pyromancer that deals constant armor piercing damage to enemies that enter it. If the pyromancer stays within the field, they gain the healing buff for it’s duration.
The cooldown of this ability is 1 second longer than the duration of the ability. Dependent on the tiers.
For every tier, the size of the field, the duration and damage increases.
From tier 3 and up, enemies inside the field are also slowed.

Note that if a pyromancer enters another pyromancer’s field they will get the same bonuses and the owner. Sharing is caring!

This ability is affected by wismod. Wismod scales the damage (unspecified formula) and size of the field.

CHANGELOG
*Changed gauntlet to a more general melee weapon
*Going to recycle the gauntlet weapon for another class concept later!
*Added some stats to the gauntlet and made everything look a bit nicer

Feel free to post feedback if you have any!

I like skin and ability but new weapon is unnecessary.

I feel like of all the classes the melee heavy armor class is the most boring one. Light armor has bow users, dagger users and katana users. Robes have wand users and staff users. I know the next class is confirmed a katana using heavy armor class, but I thought ‘why not give it my own spin?’

yeah but the weapon seems based around the class’s idea, making it hard to make other classes that use that weapon.

Could make a monk class that also uses gauntlets and light armor maybe?

wait come to think of it why do we not have a pyro class tf

Just give it a wand

Gas Gas i step on the gas tonight

world of warcraft?

It’s not short range though. Heavy armor and a wand seems weird to me.

I like the idea and the sprites the weapon just doesn’t fit. Maybe wand as weapon since we don’t have a 3rd wand class and then make a UT Fire wand?

Wand does not fit with heavy armor though. Armors and weapons fit together pretty well. Heavy armor classes have close range weapons, light armor classes have medium range weapons (except ninja) and robe classes have high range weapons. I could change the weapon though. Maybe make the T0 a non-fire gauntlet, and then I’ll make a monk class that also uses gauntlets!

Then why would u put a heavy class. Plus no new weapons are gonna come they still have to fill in a 3rd wand katana class.

Because the armor class with the least amount of character classes is the heavy armor class.

bet bet bet 5 robe (necro, wizzy, ,priest, sorc, mystic) 4 heavy (new class ??? name , knight, pally, warr) and 6 leather (huntress archer trickster assassin rouge and ninja)

New class idea: Monk

Wait why is it heavy armor?

When have you ever in your life seen a pyromancer use heavy armor?

When have you ever in your life seen a pyromancer

In multitudes of video games

“in your life”

Yes, the video games were in my life