New Class Idea - Samurai

[DISCLAIMER: THIS IDEA HAS BEEN JUGGLED AROUND BY THE COMMUNITY FOR QUITE SOME TIME. IT IS NOT MT INTENTION TAKE CREDIT FOR THIS IDEA]

I go to choose a new character to make and I always notice the missing space next to ninja. Considering how there are at least two classes for each weapon used, I think new katana using class is a very possible addition to RotMG. What comes to mind when you think of katanas? Samurai.

I don’t really know the max stat cap for this idea but this is just an idea.
HP: 770
MP: 252
Att: 60
Dex:60
SPD: 60
DEF: 25
VIT: 70
WIS: 70
Armor: Heavy
Weapon: Katana
Ability: Gauntlet
Rings

Gauntlet at T6: (very roughly. I haven’t quite thought about how OP or UP it would be)
RANGE: 4.2
SHOTS: 10
DMG: 90-100 (900 - 1000)
Ignores target of defense

There are either two ideas for status effect:

1. Projectile breaking. (plus or minus bleeding: I’m not quite sure)
  2. Dazed and causes bleeding.

MP Cost:

1. Mana cost at T6: 60 (± 10mp)

Sprites: ( it only lets me put 1 img at a time)

Gauntlet
shot projectile

For explanations look below:

This ability useless if mp cost was high so Samurai will be a very ability dependent class so
so T6 gauntlet would have a pretty low mana cost.

Weapons are the same as ninja so that’s self explanatory.

As for his ability item, gauntlet, I took inspiration from the fact that Samurais are known for big katana slashes they use in battle. I thought about doing a sheath for the katana but that wouldn’t look cool at all so I thought a gauntlet would be more interesting.

How it would work:
I would be quite similar to knight’s projectiles work. But instead of 1 - 5 shots it would be more like 5-10. This way the sprites would similar to a sword slash.

There are either two ideas for status effect:

1. Projectile breaking. (plus or minus bleeding: I’m not quite sure)

Annoyed by getting slowed for armor broken? No worries just destroy enemy projectile.
At first i thought it would be difficult to recode the game in a way that would make the projectiles destroy-able but you can sort of treat Samurai’s projectiles as an obstacle (like trees or rock) that breaks the projectiles when it comes in contact. Or it could somehow activate code that edits the code for the life span of enemy projectiles.
2. Dazes and causes bleeding.

Mana cost at T6: would be 50 (± 10mp)
This ability useless if mp cost was high so Samurai will be a very ability dependent class so
so T6 gauntlet would have a pretty low mana cost.

@Xaklor yet another Samurai!

Please check it out.

looks okay.

I’m not going to rip you apart on that alone, not even I’m above making a samurai class. [quote=“Uzzu, post:1, topic:3359”]
Dazed and causes bleeding.
[/quote]

THIS on the other hand…

DAZE?!? on a TIERED ability? AGAIN? okay, that’s not entirely fair to you, you weren’t responsible for the last one, but that’s still [deleted] game breaking. on the reverse end of the spectrum, bleeding is totally useless useless on enemies. the two most used ideas for attempting to make “unique” items or abilities are bleeding and daze. congratulations, you used both. still not a good idea. your alternative:

projectile destroying effects are either super op or super useless. which one it is is based on whether or not it uses projectiles or an AoE to erase them. projectiles erasing projectiles isn’t very effective, because of how little space they take up. so yours would fall into the “super useless category”

as for the rest of the idea, not terrible.

you can look at some similar threads about samurais if you wish

the only one that has more than 1like is the first one
the last one you have to go exploring

like I said:

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

Is this what you guys did too?

well we deleted b/c off topic

Hey, can you guys tell me where you got that santa hat? That specific one?

Gracias

Thank you!

You’re welcome :slight_smile:

@JawsJakt
triggered

The sprite looks decent, but you should add some shading so it pops out.

I’m very tempted to change the name of this thread to “[Old] New Class Idea - Samurai”.

Hmmm, I love me some angry @Xaklor.

Ok, I’ll start to count, we’re at 7 suggestions for Samurai/Shogun classes in these forums right now, including this one. You got them all right on your post, right @Scorchmist? Also, do someone have an estimate on how many there were in the KABAM forums?

About the idea itself, I’ve always thought that if a Samurai were to be introduced in the game, it should use katanas and heavy armor. So far, so good. But to compesate such awesome combination of equipments, it should have low max stats. This is where you idea falls short in my book. Also, the ability is not very creative. But that’s not fair criticism, I’ve got nothing better for now.

well im not trying to say you can make one. Also there is 6 threads taht i posted, 5 are actual ideas, there last one is xaklor’s dungeon.

I didnt include the part 1 of someone’s

lets give melees a weapon that has 5.2 range.

Sorry, forgot to mention: if we ever get a class that uses both katana and heavy armor, we need to fix the overpoweredness of the Doku.

Ooh can I have one too Santa?

its the contents of the bag