New Class Idea: The Arbalestier

Requires: Level 20 with Knight and level 20 with Archer.

The Arbalestier is a unique heavy armor class that utilizes his arbalest and durability to stay in the thick of combat. The equipment of the Arbalestier consists of bows, bow stocks, heavy armors and rings.

Stats
Base Max
HP 130 700
MP 100 252
ATT 15 75
DEF 0 25
DEX 10 40
SPD 10 45
WIS 10 50
VIT 10 40

The Ability

Bow Stock T0
Description A wooden stock used to modify and mount a bow to allow greater strength at the cost of requiring more strength to pull back.
Mana Cost 60
Effect Instantly fires your weapon once, regardless of dexterity.
Cooldown 3 Seconds

EDIT:
The Bow Stock allows the Arbalestier to quickly fire multiple shots in quick succession, however this scales with tiers and starts at 1 for T0.

Abilities

Sequoia Bow Stock T1
Description A finely crafted wooden bow stock.
Mana Cost 60
Effect Instantly fires your weapon once, regardless of dexterity.
Cooldown 3 Seconds
Stat Bonuses +1 DEF, -1 SPD

Bronze Bow Stock T2
Description A bow stock with a shiny bronze head.
Mana Cost 70
Effect Instantly fires your weapon 2 times over 0.4 seconds, regardless of dexterity.
Cooldown 2.5 Seconds
Stat Bonuses +2 DEF, -2 SPD

Steel Bow Stock T3
Description A sturdy but heavier bow stock. A product of dwarven craftsmanship.
Mana Cost 80
Effect Instantly fires your weapon 3 times over 0.6 seconds, regardless of dexterity.
Cooldown 2.5 Seconds
Stat Bonuses +3 DEF, -3 SPD

Ebony Bow Stock T4
Description A bow stock reminiscent of a certain marvel of craftsmanship. This also carries additional weight.
Mana Cost 90
Effect Instantly fires your weapon 4 times over 0.8 seconds, regardless of dexterity.
Cooldown 2 Seconds
Stat Bonuses +4 DEF, -4 SPD

Demonic Bow Stock T5
Description Snatched from a great demon army’s arsenal. It exudes demonic power.
Mana Cost 100
Effect Instantly fires your weapon 5 times over 1 second, regardless of dexterity.
Cooldown 2 Seconds
Stat Bonuses +5 DEF, -5 SPD

Astral Bow Stock T6
Description A powerful accessory infused with deep astral enchantments of a distant plane.
Mana Cost 100
Effect Instantly fires your weapon 5 times over 1 second, regardless of dexterity.
Cooldown 2 Seconds
Stat Bonuses +5 DEF, -5 SPD, +2 VIT, +2 WIS

If you have any feedback, please tell me!

Patchnotes

• Reduced mana cost on ability
  • Reworked ability a bit
  • Adjusted mana costs

Wizard knight?
No.

We already have a new class.

It’s an archer knight if you paid attention. Also, nice attitude towards ideas.

I was implying what it looks like.

I know it’s heavily WIP, but I have to say I’m not sure about the ability. 100 MP for a T0 ability seems excessive, especially considering it just shoots another regular attack. I would lower the mp cost to 30, or maybe even 20.

Even then, the lategame with tiered abilities would just turn into a spacebar spamfest. I’d rethink the ability if i were you.

The mana cost is reduced for each tier. Maybe it shouldn’t be as high though. Good call.

at 0 dex you already fire 1.5 times a second. for 100 mana this class is completely abysmal

Alright I’ve made the change now. Mana costs are lowered.

seems a bit better, what will the t6 cost be?

The cooldown will be 1 second and the mana cost will be 45. (-0.25 seconds per tier, -5 mana per 2 tiers)

ftfy

oh mb I through I had set it to 60 mana. EDIT: The stat bonuses at t6 will also be -5 SPD. +5 DEF. I’ll work on the sprites later.

tbh it should be multiple shots in quick succession
like t6 could be 5 shots every 0.1 second with a 1 second cooldown so its not entirely useless

wow this is certainly interesting ability. Although wouldnt everyone just play dbow? its completely biased to heavy hitters.

Also the fact that bow users get heavy armour. i know the laws have been broken with samurai but still it doesnt have too much range and has lower hp, def and no healing, but bows are a solid 2 + range.

Although your ability is interesting though

I’d change the ability so on use it gives you a flat stat upgrade like bloody cloak does.

Like 30mp for +1 atk for .1s at t0
and 85mp for +15atk for .1s at t6

hmm interesting ability but i think that might be a little bit underpowered. dex at 40 and an ability that only gives you an extra shot of your bow?

I had a class idea that effectively paired heavy armor with wands

The bow (or crossbow) would have to give like 5% RoF as a base

Sounds like a good idea.

Now it’s finished. If you have additional feedback though, please do not hesitate to share!