New class: Soldier

K it works and it looks like a reskined wand to me. Also why don’t you move the f over where it should be?

It makes a huge image, at least on the preview. I couldn’t exactly design anything that looks much better, I might try again once I`m done with the class sprite.

Here is your huge image.

I didn’t spend that much time on it, its just hard to make a proper spear in an 8x8, at least for me. I didn’t recolor the crystal wand, its just an accident. And Shatters, it didn’t appear that way in the preview.

Made all the tiered wand sprites, need to redo wooden wand a bit later.

Lances* I think ur proving they are wands

*facepalm much confusion such wow. Do you like the new sprites? (wooden wan-erm, sword, still looks like a wand, I need to change it again later.)

Also, how far does it charge, and is the characters hitbox changed? Maybe while rushing, the hitbox becomes wider to catch more enemies in the charge

This really reminds me of Dapper’s Lancer class idea.

It charges to your cursor, and the hitbox isn’t change but you are given armored. And Fehencross idk what ur talking about. Is that here or reddit or something?

He’s talking about this:

Be warned, that’s a really long google doc. But still very much worth the read.

Damn I didn’t mean to copy him. Will read later.

spectral lance is useless, if anyone uses it, it would be to escape, and even tho your invisible, other players are still seen so you’d get hit and die when you charge, if I see someone do that, it’d be pretty funny

Well its kindof like a cloak. Any suggestions on how to change it?

I can tell you this idea is based off the older Fire Emblem games which had a Soldier class who wielded lances.

Make a UT so it does not charge ://////

The lance is a pole weapon or spear designed to be used by a mounted warrior or cavalry soldier (lancer). During the periods of classical and medieval warfare, it evolved into being the leading weapon in cavalry charges

Lances are real things, you know

Not a single Soldier in the entire series can charge through enemies or has any sort of special movement ability similar to the one in this thread.

Going back to this thread, one thing I like about it is that it doesn’t introduce more items that are exclusive to only one class, like Katanas for example. Lots of class ideas are made impractical by requiring the inclusion of more weapon types (and sometimes armor types).

ehh, he looks like a character from lionheart tactics, doubt much people have played that game before

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.