New Class!

I’d say we don’t need another ability that simply inflicts damage on an enemy from afar – even if it’s coupled with a new status effect – because most classes take advantage of that concept.

I enjoy the concept of the sheath because it is pretty different (combo of sorcerer/trickster) and I feel that it can be useful if tweaked. The teleportation range is way too short and, yes, it is quite frankly a death trap. However, I do believe it has some potential if evolved properly. Here are some ideas:

• Obviously expand the range, but perhaps add a post-teleport cooldown period, such as a 1 second armored to oneself.
  • Chained teleports - set 2 teleport locations and bounce around enemies while inflicting damage – thus you could return to original position or bounce to safer spot. Think of it as a hinge or pivot.
  • Provide a party defense boost on top of the enemy defense debuff (could be a UT).

After using both abilities for some time on testing, I grew bored of the waki way too quickly; there was nothing new to it. It did not add any kind of pleasurable experience to the game play, and it is simply a safe ability with not much appeal.

The sheath adds risk, requires skill, and could be a fun tool if developed properly. I’d say most people are in favor of the waki right now not because it is a craftful, impacting game design, but rather because the sheath is poor in execution.

If something is armor broken, its defense becomes 0. And expose decreases def by 20. So if they were stacked upon each other on an enemy, won’t they have -20def?

Yes that’s right.

adding cooldown would ruin it, since ‘exposed’ debuff can be stacked

Yes! This is an amazing idea. I’d like this to be coupled with Invincibility instead of Armored though because of how useless def is in endgame, or during heavy hitting boss fights. The duration would have to be short though; just long enough for you to whizz in, get some damage/inflict exposed, and zoom out. Or if that’s too OP, pair it with invulnerability (but maybe that’s too similar to ST scepter).

Add two classes: one with waki and another with sheath. I’d be down for starting another row of classes

:+1: :birthday: :fireworks: :rocket: :heart_eyes:
Someone else gets it! We have 3 heavy armour/sword classes after all. :slight_smile:

Omega lul

also that quest lol

What?

At least those were leprechauns; you did not witness the Second Cuming of SwatSec, dear lord!

The class fared pretty well in glands IMO, I tried using the weaker Sheath and I love slashing/demolitioning a ghost god before it can touch me. I have vid on YT if anyone wants to see an example.

Edit: @Nevov requested vid. I find the slash damage most effective on ghost gods because of their low HP, making for an easy in-n-out sort of move. Then again, if they’re implementing sheath, damage is probably getting buffed.

Sample vid

https://youtu.be/q60hfpf2_JM

Yes, please.

This samurai looks like crap. Why is it ugly green? Its needs a bit more…well…Armor.

I don’t think it is samurai, it may be the ranger

o.

Wild west + pacific islands = Ranger sprite with samurai personality.

You mean like this?

TIL that ranger uses armor

This is an awesome idea! I like the dash ability of the sheath, but this is WAY more lore appropriate and it gives the samurai a more group oriented role.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.