New event Lake Dragon

So let me start off by saying the name is just something temeporay and of course would be subject to change

so here is the idea

I always see this huge lakes around the realm but i think what are they actually doing but taking up space and you run long distances for liches

So the event would look something like this on the map

Oryx would make an announcment about it and a small but long bride would appear and lead a battle area in the middle of the lake

And if this event would not be able to be teleport ed to once it has started and the bridge has closed. But idk how that would work out so the bridge would still close making the battle a smaller area so you cant just run from the fight.

My idea of the acutal fight is something similar to this boss in Zelda Ocarina of time

The boss would go under the lake for part of the fight and in the meantime you would have to deal with minions or other threats. this would also be a harder event then others not being able to steam rolled. like every other one possibly with multiple phases but challenging as it would move around and not be stationary like all the other events mostly are.

this is just a very early on idea im still coming up with more about it and would like the communities commentary on it critiques and suggestions about how they would feel about an event like this

I like the idea, however in some maps, (such as world 1), lakes like these simply do not exist. If you were to implement this event, It would have to be viable for all maps, as 2 of the 13 maps do not have these lakes, and some of the maps that do have lakes only have them near the lowlands.

This seems like a great idea, but idk about not being able to teleport to it and the bridge closing; this is a realm event, after all, not a dungeon like the shatters. If the people inside the event are forced to nexus because of lack of people, and the bridge closes, that would render the realm uncloseable. There should be a new element like an “anchor” point or not let the bridge close at all. And I don’t think you can make the entire realm not able to tp once the event spawns; that makes it unfair for those wanting to farm glands or something.

Not all events are required for closing the realm

@Marvingong ah well knowing that now i would say move the event to the ocean since realm is an island might be interesting to go a bit farther then you usually can go in the sea
@HerpDerryO yes it would be a event that isent required to close the realm . But also it wouldent be stoping the entire relam from tping just teleporting into the area. You can teleport out and anywhere else around the realm but you cant tp back in. im not sure how technically possible that would be (maybe special tile ids?)though so that would proabally be thrown out.

In reference to Marvin’s comment,
We don’t need an event to happen in every realm/world either. (Like actually though)

I actually like this idea in which we are using the map for a new boss. I think another event boss that drops wis or something would be good for the game. I could see this boss spawning in lakes or so and about as difficult as 3 Grave boss, or something highlands level worthy. If this idea was expanded I would recommend shooting for a event boss that isn’t super hard, as the game lacks low-mid level bosses.

thats true the event could be limited to not every realm which add a certain rarity to it.
idk about only dropping wis i was thinking if it would be a event that could only spawn in certain realms it would have to drop something more then that or every pot like most events.I want a event that will actually be quite the challenge for anyone trying to solo it. And yes i will be expanding on the idea.

Map 1:

Map 5:

Note about map 5: while it appears to have one of these lakes, that’s actually just a massive extension to the ocean.

I mean, you could always call it a serpent, but whatever floats your boat, pal.

Then the event would presumable spawn within a body of water that meets x parameters for space all around, therefore it will always be surrounded by bodies of water and will still fulfill the “lake” aspect.

Bump

syner can you stop bumping old posts you’re getting annoying

Please stop, Ever necrobump is one bump closer to a ban.

Lol where did the term necrobump come from

Ty for the necrobump, this is a cool idea

Probably make it spawn it’s own “event lake” because different worlds have different lakes

Ok I’ll stop :disappointed_relieved:

or just make it a rare event in some maps only

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.