New Orb in testing

So I soloed a Mountain temple, did the study thing and got the orb.

From the top image you see that it spawns some kind of hand thing. Those particles paralyze and do some damage not 100% sure how much though
What are you opinions on it?
Edit: It drops from a blue bag, I got another one
2nd Edit: The orb got a new sprite but couldn’t get a screen shot of it.

best orb in the game cuz no stasis and instant AOE paralyze
ez paralyzing marios in LH

need to re-upload pics
had some personal stuff in them

use ms paint to crop 8)

Also not sure what bag its men’t to be in because I got a inc in the same bag and it was the st bag so it might be a cyan/blue bag

I appreciate the new utilites given to the mystic, but I feel we’re driving away from its original niche of the game.

It is a cyan bag

That looks so cool!

I feel this and know what you mean, but at the same time it is a UT so it should be made to be pretty situational for a mystic, since it can’t stasis, as well as have a unique quirk and stand out from the other abilities.

But at the same time this orb turns the Mystic into a Huntress. :thinking: Not sure what I think about it yet.

They don´t do damage

It’s cool but like @Craftable said, it’s not what a mystic is supposed to do, even if it is situational. I kind of like it but don’t at the same time.

@Craftable
@Loftly
I enjoy it entirely, besides there are multiple UTs like that

ST skull is slightly away from normal necro
Oreo is very much different than most other seals
Hivemaster is a cursing helmet
Crystal Sword is comparable to a dagger
And so on

Yes, but that’s what a UT should be, changing the class in a way that makes it slightly or drastically different.

Eh I guess that is a fair point, but being a mystic player a lot of the time, i’m more used to cursing things and statising things. I guess i’ll farm for it then.

What are the numbers like the time of paralysis and the area for the orb? It seems like it is pretty overpowered, but that depends on its cooldown/time that it paralyzes.

it still inflicts AoE damage on the cursor

it still offers damaging

it still gives berserk

that’s not relevant because csword can be equipped by multiple classes, weapons and abilities serve wildly different purposes

the aether orb on the other hand, doesn’t berserk, doesn’t stasis, and doesn’t curse. it doesn’t even have an AoE that does something on the cursor, instead it spawns a different entity entirely. this is a whole new level of different and weird.

from a balance perspective, this thing is nuts. it provides near instant mass paralyze for an entire 5 seconds, and unlike ctrap it doesn’t require that they start within the area, enemies can be dragged into the field once it starts and still works fine. the mp cost is very low compared to the paralyze duration, making it super easy to perma paralyze compared to other paralyzing abilities. the cooldown doesn’t really do anything, it’s not long enough to prevent chain paralyzes. all of this alone would make it very very powerful, but it still has more stuff. the additional slow field makes it a perfect catch-all that inflicts paralyze on everything possible and slow on everything that that it can’t.

I love mystic as-is, and would welcome a new powerful ability to keep on hand, but honestly this is more overpowered than jugg. don’t implement this.

what about setting the paralyze tower-thing on self and not on cursor kind of like ST helm?
won’t that balance it out?

maybe?

it’s still a catch-all 5 second paralyze field for relatively little mp. but if you make it spawn on top of yourself, it will have literally nothing in common whatsoever with tiered orbs in any way. right now the only thing they have in common is that they both affect the cursor, if you take that away too it’s not really an orb anymore. honestly it’s not really an orb now, but it definitely won’t be if that gets changed too.

I feel like it never had a niche

Its actually VERY similar to the original seals